Chapter 31

I Am A Man

*I want to be with you today ____-ah, just be with you, none else, i want to hug you as long as i can, i want to kiss you as much as i can, i wanna hold your hand tightly, before i can’t.* He said in his heart as he sat there doing nothing but stared at you who started to cut the vegetables. You planned to make him an omelete with vegetables just like what Ji Eun taught you.

 “Ouw..” suddenly you winched in pain as you your blood that came out from your index finger.

“Yah! How could you be so careless?” he said as he ran to your direction and examine your index finger before it. You observed every part oh his worried face. You smiled slightly.

“It’s all your fault!” you blamed him because of stared at you made you hard to concentrate.

“Ya! How could it be my fault?” you were about to open your mouth to start arguing with him but he talked again. “Wait here, i’ll take the first aid kit” he said as he guided you to sit in the couch. He came backk after a while with the first aid kit box in his hand. Without a word he plastered your finger. “Don’t cook! Let’s order food.” He said.

“Nooo....i want to cook!”

“No you won’t!”

“but i want to cook” you yelled.

“Yah, why are you so stubborn?”

“I learnt it from you” you said as you crossed your arms and walked to the kitchen. When you were about to continue your cooking he stood beside you wearing apron.

“I will help you then!” he said firmly.

“No…just sit there, boys said you’re a mess in the kitchen” you yelled at him. you really want to make him food with your own hand, without none’s help, though his helped.

He shook his head “Nooo…!” he saidThere’s nothing you couldn’t do then, he’s such a stonehead. So you let him helped you. He started to cracked the eggs. He did it, he did cracked the eggs together with it’s shell.

“Yah! How could we eat that, you really cracked all of the part of it.” You yelled. But he didn’t want to hear you, he took all of his eyes on the eggs and take it’s shell one by one.

“Nah! We can eat this then, I have cleaned them” he smiled widely, feeling proud.

“Nae, let’s cook them” you said as you the stove and put a pan on it started to fry the eggs, vegetables and the other ingredients. The smell of delicious omelete filled the kitchen made both of you smiled widely. None of you who expert on this thing, you were about to flipped it to the other side, but it’s too hard.

“Let me do it!” he said confidently. Suddenly fire filled the pan when he tried to do it.

“Whoooohh!” he yelled. Both of you shocked. You took the nearest water from you and showered it. You and Doojoon frowned seeing the dark-brown omelete with water in front of you.“Let’s order food. We could burn this house if we continue” He said blankly.

You nodded, still shocked at just what happened. “Better that way.”

***

Both of you had breakfast together. No, it couldn’t be called breakfast, it’s brunch, no, it’s already lunch. Both of you sat on his comfortable couch. You No words, but not awkwards. The silent feels alright and comfort when you were with him. “___-ah, what will you do after this?” he said.

You hold your chin, acted like you were thinking hard. “Emm…go home?” you turned your head at his direction and found him frowned.

“Yah! You couldn’t leave after eat” he yelled.

“Why couldn’t I?”

“because it’s..it’s Saturday!” he stuttered.

“So…?” you asked him playfully, thought of the sweet dating with him again.

“Le-let’splaythisvideogames!” he said quickly, nervous. Actually he really want to go out with you but he didn’t want meet someone else but you. He really wanted to spent the time with you only. So that’s the only idea that pooped out in his head to keep you stay.

“Huh? Games? Ahh…yeah, let’s play that” you said, little bit surprised at what he said.

“Wae? Are you afraid you’ll lose?” he smirked at you.

“What? Me? Afraid? Of course not, I will beat you. totally.” You said confidently made him chuckle and ruffle your hair. “Yah! Yoon Doojoon don’t you ever lay your hand on my hair!” you gave him an angry face as he made his way to prepared the battle.

“Let’s see, let’s see, if I win, I am allowed to ruffle your hair as much as I want. Deal?” he said, challenged you.

*Aish, what should I do? I’m not good at games* you worried. You weren’t the one who love to play video games, “Deal!” you said, didn’t let you low your pride.

Both of you were on the games battle, Doojoon really want to lose from you. He played like he was on the war. He really love and expert on this kind of game. The game ended, and you were lose. You gave him an ugly face. He chuckled looking at your face.“So, miss ____-ah, are you ready?”

You turn your body at his direction and tilted your head, gave him all of your hair to ruffle. You closed your eyes as he raised his hand to your hair. But you never felt his hand landed on your head and ruffle your hair. You opened you one of your eyes, tried to take a look what he was doing. You could see his face was only an inch from you and his eyes stared at you deeply. You opened your eyes and about to yell. “Yah! What are…” his lips crashed on yours quickly. You closed your eyes, enjoying every inch of his lips and kissed him back. His head and your head tilted shyncronizely. Just like your head now how to move. His hand was on the back of your neck and the other support your back so you won’t fall. *I love you ____-ah* Doojoon repeat that words in his heart. You broke the kiss and gasping for some air. Blushing.

“Sleep with me tonight.” He said.

“What????” you crossed your arms on your chest automatically.

“Sleep with me tonight” he repeated again.

“Yah! ert! How-how you could ask me that?? Nooo! I will keep my self for my husband, you ert!” you yelled as you flicked his head. Angry but embarrased he asked thing like that.

“Whooaa! Look who’s ert here? Never know that you’re such a dirtyminded” he rubbed the spot you flicked.

“You, you’re the ert, you’re the dirtyminded, you ask me such thing. Whoaa I can’t believe it..” you said as you made a distance from him.

“Yah! I don’t ask you to have……that with me!” he said, little bit embarrased.

“So…what do you mean with that sleep with…”

“Let’s just sleep like you sleep at the night but tonight you’ll sleep beside…beside me and doing nothing but sleep..” he stuttered. You stared at him. “I…want, I want to see you when I opened my eyes in the morning. Please stay with me tonight” he said quickly. He took a deep breath. “Will you?” he stared at you deeply. You found him he was serious through his eyes. His eyes didn’t show you any lust, they just showed you love. Sincere love. You nodded your head slowly.

***

You came out from his bathroom, wearing his sweatpant and his big clothes. You could feel your heart beating so fast. It’s the first time you were officially asked to sleep with a man. Didn’t what to do. The awkward moment filled the room. You saw him sat on the edge of the bed staring at his phone. His face like he was thinking hard at something. He lift his head and put his phone away. He smiled at you. “You.you have changed?” you nodded as you sat beside him. awkward again. He rubbed his temple before saying “Ahh, I will sleep this side, and you that side” he said, you nodded at his command since you didn’t know what you have to do.

Both of you took the position to sleep, you were on the right side, he was on the left side. “Good..goodnight” he said.

“Ahh, ne, goodnight.” You replied him as you turn right, your back facing him. *oh my..this is the most awkward sleep ever* you mumbled on your head.

Suddenly an arm hugging your waist from the back. You could feel his another arm slipped on your neck, replacing the pillow, made you turn left so you facing him. His eyes was closed but you could tell he’s not sleep, he still awake. You could feel your cheeks turned to red. You looked at his sleeping face. *wish I could spend everynight like this* you wished before burried your face in his chest.

Doojoon opened his right eye to take a peek on you who burried your face in his chest. *wish I could hold you like this before I sleep ___-ah* he wished as he kiss top of your head and smiled. Both of you started to fall asleep in each others arms.

***

You were awake in his side. He was the first thing your eyes saw in that morning. He still sleep. You walked your finger from his forehead to his nose then to his lips down to his neck and stopped in his chest. His chest was up and down as he breathing slowly.

“it’s ticklish” he said suddenly with his eyes closed. You remove your hand from his chest quickly but he hold it and place them on his chest. “Stay” he said. “Only for five minutes” you didn’t say a word, you just obeyed his command that you would gladly to do even he didn’t ask you to.

Suddenly your phone rang. You were about to reach it but Doojoon hugged you tighter. “Ignore it” he commanded.

“yah..what if it’s something important?” he still didn’t let you go.

“it will ring two times if it’s important things” he said, then your phone rang again for the second time.

“See?” you were about to reach it but Doojoon grabbed you back and your phone didn’t ring again.

“It will ring three times if it…” he didn’t finish his word when your phone rang again for the third times. “Arrghh…your phone is so annoying” he groaned and let you go. You chuckled at his act.

You saw at the caller ID. *Ji Eun? Why is she calling at this Sunday morning?*

“Hello?”

“___-ah! WHERE’S ON THE EARTH ARE YOU??” she yelled on the other line.

“ngg…Doo..doojoon’s..”

“WHAT?? DO YOU REALLY FORGET WHAT’S DAY TODAY?”

“it’s…Sunday?”

“YES IT’S SUNDAY AND THIS IS THE DAY THE BOSS COMES FROM JAPAN AND WANT TO SEE OUR PROJECT IN TWENTY MINUTES TO GO???”

“Ahh..!”

“YES YOU ARE!”

“come in five…”

“OKAY! FIVE MINUTES”

“fifeteeeen” you yelled as you close your phone. you were about to run when Doojoon grabbed you back to bed. “Yah, doojoon, let me go, I need to go, I have appointment” you struggle.

“What’s company that asked it’s employee to work at Sunday?” he mumbled.

“it’s mine. Come on doojoon let me go, it’s important for me” you begged

“so I’m not?”

“Doojoon, please…it’s not the time to…”

“Morning kiss then” he said, his eyes still closed. You quickly  gave his cheek a peck. But he didn’t let you go.

“Yah! Yoon Doojoon!” you yelled.

“Wrong place.” you gave him a kiss on forehead then but still he didn’t let you go. “Aish you’re so bad” he opened his eyes as he landed his lips on yours. he smiled at you and finally let you go but you just laid there. Still surprised at what he’s done. “____ah you only have twelve minutes left” he said playfully.

***

“You don’t need to take me there Doojoon, really” you said as you make your hair. You still in your yesterday outfit, Ji Eun said she has prepared everything include your clothes.  You didn’t want get him trouble. You’re worried that someone, your colleague, to be exact saw him with you. That day was the day the owner of your company asked his employee to make a project for the company. Great position in the central office in Japan would be the price. And you knew it for sure the magazine people of your company was all there, and they were thristy of hot news. You don’t want him get trouble because of you

“I’ll put a great disguise”

“Doojoon..” you gave him pleading eyes.

“I took that as a yes, come, let’s go, you’ll be late.”

You were arrived at your office building. Doojoon took you there. There’s no way you could stoppe him to took you there. It’s such a silent driving. None of you talk a word. He drove as fast as he could so you couldn’t be late.

“hurry, go” you commanded him as you were about to get out from his car. He grabbed your arm quickly. “what?” you asked, gave him what-do-you-want face but you only found the sad face of him. *what’s wrong with him? Why suddenly he looks so sad?*

“just want you to know that i love you” he said gave you a weak smile.

*yah, is he sick? Why are he changing so sudden?* you were about to asked “I...” but he cut you.

“hurry go, you’ll be late” you stared at him, he gave you an asurre smile. You nodded. You made your way to your office. In the middle of your way, you turned around at his direction who  started the engine and go. And yelled “I LOVE YOU TOO”


Doojoon’s POV

“just want you to know that i love you” i finally said that words to her. i gave her the best smile that i could. I could see questions were hanging in her mind.

“I...” she asked but quickly i cut her.

“hurry go, you’ll be late” she stared at me deeply. I couldn’t stand it. I gave her an assuring smile then she nodded and made her way in. I watched her back as she walked in. I don’t want to watch that beautiful back lost from my sight. *Be happy ____-ah, goodbye* i started the engine and go. I could see from the rearview that ____-ah turned around at me.

***

"Did he hear me?"