Sunday

One Week

"Oh. My. Gosh." My mouth dropped as my head slowly raised, looking at the tall and luxurious building in front of me. "We're staying here!?" I asked, turning to my mom. She nodded as she took out some of the suitcases. 

"Yup. Why? You guys don't like it?" She said, putting down the suitcase and glancing at me. "Don't like it!? What!?" My 12-year old sister said, cutting me off. 

I smacked the back of her head, "That's not what I was going to say, idiot! I was going to admire it. Don't you see all those limos and that door that turns in a 360!? OMG!" I said, grabbing my suitcase. 

"Tch, I'm going to buy myself a limo someday so that people will think I'm classy whenever they see it!" said Pandora, my sister, taking out the last suitcase. 

I scoffed. "Yeah, they're going to think your classy until they see you climb out of the driver's seat," I said, laughing. She laughed along with me as we made our way inside the hotel. 

"-your room is on the 12th floor. We hope you enjoy your stay here. If there's anything you need, please feel free to call room service," the lady at the front desk said, handing my parents two key cards. 

My sister and I ran to the four elevators available, each of us dashing for the button. I pushed the button. 

"Ha! In your face!" I said, cheering. Pandora pouted. "That's not fair! You're bigger, you cheater!" 

I stuck out my tongue at her before I was hit on the shoulder by my mom. "Stop it, Julia. That's not nice."  

I made a face of dislike. "She's just a sore loser," I said, giving her a flick on the forehead. "MOM! JULIA'S BOTHERING ME!" Pandora whined. I rolled my eyes, "I did not! You deserved it!" 

Just then, my dad came back from the front desk, joining us in the elevator. 

"Okay, so right when we get in, I want you all to change into something nice. The welcoming party's going to start in one hour, in the convention center next door. I don't want to see any jeans or shorts, Panda!" Pandora snickered as I glanced at my dad who only gave me a big smile. "Come on, it'll be fun!" He said, nudging me. I sighed as I looked up at the quickly passing numbers instead of answering him. 

"1210..1210..1210! There it is!" Pandora said loudly. She squealed, before being shushed by us. My dad took out his key card and swiped it through. 

Right when the door opened, Pandora dropped her stuff, jumping on the bed. "IT'S SO SOFT AND FLUFFY!" She exclaimed. 

"Why is there only one bed?" She suddenly asked, sitting upright. "Oh, this is our room. Your room is next door," my mom said, pointing to a door in the wall. 

"The rooms are connected!?" Pandora exclaimed, her eyes bugging out. We sprinted to the door in the hallway, since there wasn't a door knob on my parents' side. 

On the other side, there were two beds, which we all occupied. "IT'S SO COMFY HERE TOO!" Pandora  said as she sprawled her arms out. Our mom came into our room, her hands on her hips. 

"Girls," she said, her voice serious, "-get yourselves ready this instant. There isn't much time left! We only have an hour!" 

When she mentioned the time, we all sprinted to pick out our outfits. Luckily, we had packed a lot of more semi-formal clothes with us, because our mom wanted us to make 'good impressions'. 

I slipped on one of my favorite dresses that was yellow before sprinting and doing my makeup. I decided to go with a more natural look, heading my blemishes and whatnot. I put on a natural looking pink tint on my lips, keeping it also moisturized.

After I was satisfied with my makeup, I loosely curled my hair. I pinned it to my left side with my bangs so it all flowed to one side. 

I took out some of my lace up booties that had a heel, before walking up to my mom. "I'm ready!" I said, presenting my self to her. She looked me up and down before turning away. 

"You look good," she said, doing her hair. I smiled in satisfaction before looking in the mirror again, fixing my dress. "What are you doing?" Pandora said as she came closer. 

I turned around to see if my dress covered my , "Checking if I look okay, why? Can't I?" I asked, turning to her. She rolled her eyes in answer before combing her hair and putting it into a bun. 

"Okay, you girls ready?" My dad said, coming out of the bathroom. Pandora and I nodded while my mom shook her head. 

"No, I'll be out in a second. Just let me put my hair in a bun and put on my jewelry, and then we'll go. I'm almost done!" she said. I stood up and paced around near the door, waiting and constantly checking the time. 

"Do you think there'll be people our age there?" My sister asked. My dad put his hand on her shoulder, "Of course there will! I saw some on the way up, didn't you?" 

Pandora rolled her eyes, "No, I didn't! They're probably all just Julia's age!" She said, crossing her arms. I scoffed, "So? You fit in almost anywhere. Age doesn't matter to you." 

Pandora pouted, "I know...but I don't want to seem like a try-hard...they might make fun of me." I chuckled and patted her head, "I can't believe you would worry about that! Psh, you have me here too! I probably won't be doing anything with the people down there." Pandora sighed and crossed her arms, turning away from me. 

"Mom! Are you done yet!?" she said, leaning back against the wall. I glanced at her before glancing back at my mom who was putting on her heels. "Yes, yes. I'm done now! You guys head out first!" she said. I patted Pandora on the shoulder, signalling for her to head out. Our dad followed shortly after, followed by my mom. 

Pandora hit the button to head down to the lobby as I stood still, looking out the window. "Wah, look at the view!" I exclaimed. Pandora walked up to me before scoffing. "It's just an open field with a parking lot," she said. I side glanced at her and flicked her forehead, "It's not just an open field and a parking lot, hater. Don't you notice the lighting and how the sun is positioned?" 

Pandora opened to answer but was cut off by our dad. "Come on, girls!" he called from inside the elevator. He was holding the elevator door open for us. I gave the passengers a small smile in greeting. 

"--we just got married two months ago," the young man on board said to my mom. I glanced at him and noticed him holding on to a girl's hand. The woman gave me a friendly smile, which I returned. 

"Really!? Congratulations! How does it feel to be newlyweds?" my mom asked them. The woman looked up at the man lovingly, "It's wonderful. I can't imagine how I would be without him." 

My mom cooed as she continued to converse with them. I sighed, 'I hope I can have something like that some day too...' 

When we got to the lobby, I noticed many teens lounging around on the sofas they had there. Pandora nudged me. "Hey, so I heard that down here has free internet," she said. My eyebrows raised, "Oh, really? We'll have to come down here often, then." 

Pandora nodded excitedly when she suddenly pulled on my arm. "Omg, I think that guy just smiled at me!" she said, slightly squealing. I rolled my eyes, "Stop imagining things, Dora. You're only 12, the last time I checked. You don't need to think of any boys at the moment." 

Pandora sighed as we made our way to the convention center next door, into their ballroom. "You're right...but a girl can't help but to imagine!" she said, squealing again. I laughed as I pushed her away slightly. 

"Gosh, as expected from you!" I said. Pandora was now walking next to me, her arm slipped into mine.

"A table for four?" a waitress said, coming up towards us. My dad nodded as she lead our way to a table that had four vacant spot, but three of the seats were taken. 

The man sitting at the table smiled in welcome and shook hands with my dad. 

"Hello, I'm the CEO of MCT Group. You are?" He said. My dad smiled, "I'm Jay Yang, the co-founder of JYC Enterprises. I've heard a lot about you, Mr. Tuan!" 

Mr. Tuan laughed, "Did you hear good or bad things?" Both of them laughed together and continued to converse as though they had known each other for years. I chuckled and shook my head as they continued to joke with each other. 

I looked up from my glass of water to see a boy with brown hair looking at me. He quickly averted his gaze when he saw me noticing him. I stared at him a moment as he looked down at his cellphone. 

'He must be Mr. Tuan's son...he's actually kinda cute too..' I thought. Suddenly, I felt a nudge on my arm. "Unnie, don't stare so much!" Pandora nudged me. 

I scowled at her but looked away. "--This is my wife, Mina, and my daughters, Julia and Pandora." I looked up when I heard my name to see Mr. Tuan smiling and nodding in greeting. 

I returned the favor as he introduced his family. "This is my wife, Grace, and my son, Mark," he said. I glanced at the brown hair boy again as he flashed a smile to my parents. He looked over at me and held out a hand. 

"Hi, I'm Mark. You must be Julia," he said a cheeky smile on his face. I accepted his handshake, smiling. 

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Julia, and you must be Mark, right?" I said back to him. His smile widened even more as he let go of my hand. Mark then turned to Pandora. 

Pandora gave him a wave, "Hi, I'm Pandora." Mark nodded in greeting, "Nice to meet you too." 

"Mark actually is going to be 19 this coming September," Mrs. Tuan said to my mom. I glanced up at Mark who was now looking at me again before I looked back down at the napkin in front of me. 

"Really? Our Julia's turning 18 in August! Only one year apart! How cute!" My mom exclaimed as they both laughed together. I sideglanced at her, confused. She can't be thinking of doing anything, right? 

I sighed before taking a sip of the glass of water in front of me as the ceremonies began. There were a lot of entertainment acts happening as they served a light dinner for everyone. 

"So...how do you like the hotel so far?" Mark asked me suddenly. I looked up at him surprised, "What?" I asked. Mark smiled down at his food before looking at me again. 

"The hotel. How do you like it?" He asked again. I blinked a couple times, "I think it's nice. The beds are nice, and everything's very clean." 

"Don't all hotels have that?" He said. I smiled, "Well, I guess you're right." He chuckled and mumbled something, that I didn't hear. 

"What?" I asked. Mark looked up at me, "You're cute and funny, I said." I instantly blushed in the dim lighting before glancing down at my food. I couldn't believe he had just said that when we had just met! 

I glanced over at my mom who was staring back at me with a weird smile on her lips before she looked up at Mrs. Tuan, the two of them bursting into fits of laughter. Mark leaned forward, "I think there's something wrong with our moms," he whispered. 

I glanced at both our parents before I nodded. "I think so too," I said. We both looked at each other for a moment and broke into fits of laughter. 

I heard Pandora sigh, making both of us glance at her. She put her elbow on the table and set her chin in her hand. "What?" I asked her. 

"You two are so close...that's weird. Actually, all of this is weird! You're supposed to be the socially awkward one, Panda! And mom and dad are getting along with Mark's parents! It's weird!" She exclaimed. Mark laughed, "I guess we were just ment to be!" He said. I scoffed before laughing. 

"Yeah, right! We are so not meant to be! We just met..." I took Pandora's phone and checked the time. "We've only known each other for two hours!" I exclaimed. 

Mark snapped his fingers, "Exactly! We get along so well!" He said, winking at me. I laughed, "Eww! I don't want to sit next to you anymore!" I said jokingly. 

Pandora sighed again, annoyed. "Oh my gosh, I can't take all of your cheesiness!" She said, facepalming. Mark and I laughed together as she turned to my mom, asking for the key card. 

She got up as my mom turned to me, "Julia, please take your sister upstairs. Maybe you should go to sleep too." I glanced at Mark before getting up, taking the key card from her. 

"Okay, mom. I'll go," I said. I got up from my seat to find that Mark was doing the same. "What are you doing?" I asked him. 

Mark fixed his tie a bit before he looked up at me. "What? I have to you two up, of course. It's late. Don't want anything happening to you two, do you?" he said, urging me forward. 

I raised an eyebrow before following Pandora who was already at the doors, waiting impatiently.

"He's coming with us?" She said as we made our way back to the hotel. I nodded and glanced at Mark who glanced at Pandora. "I have a name too, y'know!" He said to her. 

Pandora made a face at him before walking ahead and pressing the up button for the elevator. We waited for a moment as the elevator descended. 

When it arrived, Pandora quickly clicked on the 12th floor as Mark clicked on the 14th floor. The elevator ride was quiet as our tiredness started to catch up to us. 

The elevator doors opened on the 12th floor, which Pandora quickly exited from, me following behind. 

I noticed Mark take a step out of the elevator, but I put a hand out to stop him. "No, it's fine. We can get to our room from here. It's very close. You can go up to your room now," I said. I looked up at him to see him staring down at me. I looked away, not able to hold his gaze. 

"Okay, I'll go. Good night," he said, stepping back into the elevator. I nodded and walked away first. When I was in the hallway, I put both hands on my cheeks. They were absolutely heated up!

Pandora was leaning gainst our door, waiting for me. She stood up straight when she noticed me there. She gave me a creepy smile.

"You. Like. Him," she said. My eyes widened before I scoffed. "Ha! You're funny! There's no way. We like, just met today!" I said, opening the door to our suite.

Pandora skipped in, singing, "You like him~! You like him~!" I rolled my eyes as I locked the door. "Shut up," I said, throwing a pillow towards her. 

She laughed loudly before plopping on the bed, head in her hands, staring at me. "It was love at first sight!" She said, dreamily. "Just imagine, soon, he'll call you his 'Panda Bear'!" 

Pandora grabbed a pillow and squealed into it while I rolled my eyes, laughing at her. 

"Calm yourself down, girl! Barely anything happened! You've been reading too much of your fan fictions," I said, taking off the pins in my hair. Pandora threw a pillow at me, which I dodged. 

"Shut up! You read them too!" She said, laughing as she got up from her bed. 

"Don't worry, unnie. You have ALL week long to get to know him," she said as she passed me, heading to the bathroom. 

I threw another pillow at her. "I DON'T LIKE HIM!" I protested. She laughed as she peered her head from inside the bathroom. 

"Oh, yes you do! Don't even deny it! YOU. LIKE. MARK!" Pandora slammed the door before I could refute her comment. I leaned back on my bed. "I don't like Makr. I don't like Mark. I don't like Mark!" I chanted to myself. 

'I don't like him. No way! We just met! Mark and I...HA!'