Gugmang Giatay 2.0

Gugmang Giatay 1.0

“Happy birthday!” Jongdae greets and places the cake on the table with candles lit up.

It’s not even Kyungsoo’s birthday. It’s just their tradition that whenever one of them is feeling down, they buy a cake and pretend that it’s their birthday. After all, birthdays make the celebrator extra happy for no apparent reason aside from it being the day they were born. There’s just something about birthdays that exhilarate people.


“I’m okay, really. There’s no need for all of this,” Kyungsoo says rather defensively. He plasters on a smile which looks forced because he is trying not to cry.


One week has passed since Kyungsoo’s dinner with Yifan. Since then, he has been mending a broken heart. To add to that, he also found out that his dad is drowning in debt and therefore awakened a realization that Kyungsoo is in fact, not someone who can easily demand for things. The realization is like an ice cold water splashed over him that made Kyungsoo take a step back and think about how he lived his life and how he wants to live it from then on.


When adversities come all at the same time, it either breaks or makes the person. And Kyungsoo is choosing to be the latter. He may have been a brat with no regard for anything else other than his selfish whims, at least he is trying to change that now, when his dad needs him the most.


“Come on, cheer up! I’ll treat you to the movies today. We’ll do everything you want to do.” Jongdae blinks cutely at his best friend in an attempt to make the latter smile. Kyungsoo may have been showing great strength amidst everything that’s happened, but Jongdae knows the former is slowly dying inside. “Plus, you sold a lot of your things today. That means money to pay your dad’s debts so we should celebrate somehow.”


At the mention of his possessions, Kyungsoo becomes even more heartbroken. It was Jongdae’s idea to sell his branded things online so he can earn more money to pay off the remaining debt, which is still a big amount.


Kyungsoo is not holding it in anymore. He breaks into sobs and pouts while cutting the cake. Jongdae can only console him with a side hug and his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. When they finish a slice each of the cake, Kyungsoo keeps the remaining in the refrigerator and changes clothes after to go to a late movie. They were waiting for his dad to come home but it seems that Mr. Do is working late again seeing that it’s already ten o’clock and he still isn’t there. He leaves a note to inform his dad where they are going and that there’s cake in the ref.


The movie house is almost empty, only a few souls are there to catch a late movie probably to somehow relieve themselves of their busy lives. Kyungsoo is thankful that it’s not crowded. At least they can watch the movie in peace. However, his supposed peaceful movie watching is disturbed when he sees a couple a few feet away from them, buying snacks to take inside the movie.


“Kyungie, what do you want to watch? There’s a chick flick, an action movie, and a horror movie.” Jongdae looks up at Kyungsoo when he doesn’t hear a response. His best friend is looking intently on something without blinking. He follows his gaze and recognizes what Kyungsoo is eyeing.


“Hey,” Jongdae touches Kyungsoo by the arm and the latter’s attention is diverted to him. “Do you want to go somewhere else?” He offers because they are there to make Kyungsoo feel better, not make him feel worse.


“No, I’m okay,” Kyungsoo braves and inhales a lungful of air. “So, I feel like watching a horror movie. Let’s watch that.” He turns around to go to where they can buy the tickets and tries hard to set aside the fact that he just saw Yifan and Luhan together, in the same movie house, probably doing the same thing as they are—going to watch a movie. And that information has cemented his decision about Wu Yifan. He is going to give up on the man, totally.

 

“Come in,” Yifan beckons whoever it is knocking on his office door.


Yifan’s secretary, who he inherited from his father, enters his office with documents in her arms. She asks Yifan to sign the ones that need his signature and shortly briefs the young boss about the ones that need his review. He nods in dismissal of the secretary but she doesn’t move from where she stands.


“Is there something else you need me to sign?” Yifan asks, bewildered by his secretary’s unusual action.
“Um, boss, Mr. Do from the human resources department has not reported in five days. We called his house but no one was answering. Would you happen to know where he is?” The secretary explains hesitantly.


“I fail to see why I would know where an employee’s whereabouts is. And if he is absent for five days already, he’s considered AWOL so I don’t see why there’s a need for you to inform me about this.” Yifan steers his gaze away from the woman and back to the documents she just handed him. When the secretary still doesn’t move an inch, he looks up again with a questioning look.


“It’s just that,” she starts, “I haven’t seen Kyungsoo visit you as well so I’m just wondering if he told you anything.”


The woman’s explanation confuses Yifan more. He gives her a look that told he has no idea what she is talking about.


“I see. I just thought that Kyungsoo has said anything to you about his father’s absence.”


“Wait, what?” Yifan’s interest is sparked. “Kyungsoo’s father works for me?”


“I thought you knew. Especially because you and Kyungsoo are,” the secretary pauses to think about an appropriate term, “so close.”


Yifan leans back into his swivel chair and wonders how much he knows about Kyungsoo when he doesn’t even know his father works for him.

 

“Do you think this is an appropriate gift for a baby shower?” Luhan asks and shows Yifan a set of feeding bottles.


“Huh?” Yifan’s response is disoriented. He didn’t hear Luhan’s question but when he sees what the man is holding, he caught on and answers appropriately. “Uh, yeah, babies need feeding bottles, right?”


“Right,” Luhan agrees and continues to look through everything else that he could buy as a baby shower gift. A friend is having a baby and he dragged Yifan to look for a gift with him.


Yifan is distracted the whole duration of their gift-hunting. He tries to remember every conversation he had with Kyungsoo that mentioned the latter’s father working for him. He can’t remember any. If Kyungsoo has ever said anything to him, it would all be general information about himself, not really the ones that could tell Yifan who exactly Do Kyungsoo is.


He skims through a shelf of plushies, absently inspecting the toys. His gaze catches one particular plushie that reminds him so much of someone. Its big eyes are a huge giveaway that with just one glance, anyone could recognize who it looks like.
He grabs the toy and felt its soft texture in his hands. “Kyungie the owlie,” Yifan whispers to himself and draws a circle with his thumb on the toy’s stomach.


“What did you say?” Luhan suddenly interrupts which startles Yifan.


“Um, nothing,” he replies dismissively.


“What’s going on with you? You seem so distracted.”


“Nothing. Just work. I’m buying this.” Yifan shakes the plushie in his hand to show Luhan what he means. “Are you buying those?” He nods his head towards the things in Luhan’s arms.


“An owl plushie? You’re buying an owl plushie? I didn’t know you’re into these things.” Luhan’s suspicious gaze puts Yifan uneasy.


“I’m not. I just think it’s cute.” Yifan avoids Luhan’s eyes so he couldn’t see through him and the real reason why he’s buying the toy.


Luhan scoffs at what he heard. Did Yifan just say he finds something cute? The young CEO has never been the one for cute before. y, yes. But never cute things. “Okay, whatever you say.”

 

“Did I tell you about that one time Kyungsoo shoved a man’s face into his plate of pasta? It was hilarious but at that time I really didn’t think it was. I was more of concerned that Kyungsoo might be involved in a fist fight,” Yifan animatedly narrates that he misses the sigh that escapes Luhan’s lips.


“Yes, Yifan. You told me that already,” Luhan answers blankly.


“Or what about that time when he almost picked a fight with Chanyeol? You know, Chanyeol, Mr. Park’s son, and you know how tall he is, right? So imagine the small Kyungsoo pushing him just so Chanyeol would stop dancing with me,” Yifan continues, oblivious that the one he’s talking to has lost interest.


“You told me that too, many times that I’ve lost count.”


“What about when he—“ Yifan is unable to continue what he is about to say because Luhan raises a hand to stop him.


“You’re doing it again,” Luhan says in a tired voice.


“I’m doing what again?” The taller man his head to the side in a questioning gesture.


“Talking about Kyungsoo,” Luhan mutters which makes Yifan recline back to his seat in thought. “You always talk about him now. When we were at the flower shop you said Kyungsoo brought sunflowers to you in your office. When we were at that Italian restaurant, you ordered the dish that Kyungsoo always ordered. And when we were out shopping for a gift, you bought that owl plushie because it reminded you of Kyungsoo.”


Yifan slightly jerks in his seat when he heard what Luhan said. He thought he was being secretive. He thought Luhan didn’t figure out why he bought the toy in the first place. But he was wrong.


Luhan lets out another sigh of defeat before he starts again. “It’s okay, Yifan. I have noticed for quite a while now and I just let it drag on far too long.”


Yifan did not realize that he has been unconsciously talking about Kyungsoo in front of Luhan until that moment. How did Kyungsoo manage to invade his mind without him knowing it?


“Yifan,” Luhan mutters, “it’s not me.”


“What do you mean?” Yifan gives him a quizzical look.

“I’m not the one. You should go. Go to him.”


Yifan is confused at first but then Luhan gives him this smile. A smile that reassures him things are in their respective places. Then it clicks. Luhan is right about what he said; he is not the one, Kyungsoo is. He is in love with Kyungsoo. He has been in love with the man all the while. He just needs someone else to point it out to him. And Luhan is the perfect person to make him realize his feelings for Kyungsoo.


A little more push of the pedal and Yifan would be sending his car flying off of the road. He needs to slow down a little bit or the one confessing to Kyungsoo would be his dead body. But he can’t help it because he needs to see Kyungsoo as soon as possible. Now that he already knows what he feels about the younger man, he needs to tell him right away. He can’t wait any more than he already waited.


He knocks hysterically at Kyungsoo’s door. Good thing that he knows where the smaller man lives. He is thankful that although he didn’t pay much attention before, his memory retained the directions to Kyungsoo’s house. It serves to be very beneficial to him now.


He knocks a few more times but nobody answers the door, still. Mr. Do could at least be home knowing that Kyungsoo’s dad hasn’t been reporting to work for more than two weeks already. But nobody’s home, and Yifan’s hope of seeing Kyungsoo is slowly dying on him.


“Are you looking for Kyungsoo?” A voice from behind interrupts Yifan’s relentless knocking. He turns around to come face to face with an ahjumma that could be Kyungsoo’s neighbor. “He’s not home yet. But I think he’ll be home soon.”


“What about his dad, Mr. Do? Isn’t he home?” Yifan probes.


“Oh you haven’t heard? Mr. Do was taken by those loan sharks he owed money to. He won’t be let out unless Kyungsoo pays everything he owed including interest.” The ahjumma sighs before she continues. “Poor kid. Mr. Do has made sure that Kyungsoo lives a comfortable life but he ends up having to work until he’s dead tired just to pay off his father’s debt.”


What the ahjumma has told him answered a lot of questions. From why Mr. Do isn’t reporting to work anymore to why Kyungsoo isn’t visiting him in his office. He may have been busy being with Luhan but he is sure that Kyungsoo wouldn’t have given up on him that easily. The smaller male would fight for him just like how he did every single time.


Yifan takes a breath of relief. When he realized he is in love with Kyungsoo, his first thought was that the petite male has given up on him because he didn’t come to Yifan’s office like he always did. If he thinks about it, it has been more than a month since their dinner date that he hasn’t seen Kyungsoo. Damn, it is way too long.


He knows he sounds selfish. He is thinking about himself first, feeling good about the real reason Kyungsoo hasn’t gone to see him, instead of thinking about the current situation the smaller male is in. Having to pay a huge amount of debt by working is something Yifan cannot imagine Kyungsoo doing. The latter has given off this vibe that he hasn’t worked for something his entire life.


“Um, hi?” Kyungsoo greets and Yifan looks up from where he’s sitting waiting for Kyungsoo. “What are you doing here?”


The taller male stands up and walks closer to Kyungsoo who has a confused face plastered on. “I was waiting for you.”


“Huh?” Kyungsoo is bewildered. He cannot think of any reason why Yifan would look for him let alone wait for him. “Why were you waiting for me?”


“Because I need to tell you something important.”


“Something important, and that is?”


Yifan moves a little closer to Kyungsoo and reaches for the latter’s hands. He encases the younger man’s hands in his big ones and pulled Kyungsoo closer, mere inches away.


Kyungsoo is getting more confused by the gesture. What exactly is the meaning of it? He has decided to forget the man, to finally let go of his unrequited love towards Yifan. And now that he thinks about it, did he really feel love towards the young boss? He is questioning it now because the moment he decided to stop pursuing the older male, a new found sense of freedom has engulfed him and has made him see things clearly, rationalizing and correcting every irrational thing he has done. Therefore, having Yifan so close to him like this makes him doubt if he has truly let go of his feelings.


“I love you, Kyungsoo!” Yifan blurts out with no nonsense introduction whatsoever. “I’ve been in love with you since the moment you told me that I could do great things because I’m Wu Yifan. Or maybe it’s when you shoved that man’s face in a plate of pasta. Well, actually, no, I think it’s when you first entered my office with your sheer determination to win me. I fell in love with you since then and I was just too blind to see.”


Kyungsoo opens his mouth to say something, to respond, but his voice is stuck in his throat that he closes his mouth and yet open it again for another attempt. No matter how much he opens and closes his mouth, no words would come out to either accept Yifan’s confession or reject it.


“Please tell me you haven’t given up on me yet,” Yifan continues pleadingly, eyes sparkling in anticipation.


“But I have given up on you,” Kyungsoo answers, finally able to find his voice.


Yifan is totally astonished by the answer he received. He expected Kyungsoo to affirm his statement, not refute it. Come on, this is Kyungsoo, his Kyungsoo. The one who followed him around everywhere, the one who never-endingly professed his love for him, the one who barged into his life uninvited but managed to create a significant mark, and this Kyungsoo isn’t someone who gives up easily. No, he can’t. He just can’t. Not right now, not when Yifan needs him to be in love with him too.


“You don’t mean that.” Yifan shakes his head in denial.


“But I do. I don’t come to see you anymore, right?” Kyungsoo looks at Yifan to get his acknowledgement of that fact and the older male faintly nods. “Well, that was me giving up on you. If I couldn’t see you then the process of letting go is much easier.”


“Why?” Yifan’s voice almost sounds like a whine and he pouts like a child.


Kyungsoo snorts at the young CEO’s childlike act. He has always seen Yifan serious and stern; never shows any emotion that would be considered as unbecoming of a boss. “You’re really cute just now.”
Yifan lets out a whiny noise in order to make Kyungsoo answer him seriously. But that made the smaller male chuckle instead.


“Seriously, though,” Kyungsoo begins when he has recovered from giggling at Yifan’s cuteness. “I saw you with Luhan when you went out to watch a movie. And I thought to myself, ‘they look so good together that maybe I really don’t stand a chance’, that maybe it wasn’t meant to be. Then I assessed what I really feel about you and thought that maybe it wasn’t really love. You were someone I couldn’t have and I mistook the drive to acquire something I can’t have as love. Therefore, I decided to give up and what do you know, I already have.”


“I don’t buy that bull!” Yifan’s sudden shift from being cute to utterly serious makes him a little scary, but Kyungsoo isn’t scared. “You were in love me and you are still in love with me. I’m gonna prove that to you.”


“Oh, yeah?” Kyungsoo challenges. And Yifan nods once for conviction. “I’d like to see you try,” Kyungsoo mutters, mimicking the exact, same words Yifan used before.


“Be careful, Kyungsoo. I am capable of many things,” Yifan counters, doing the same thing as Kyungsoo. He smirks before he continues, “I can make you admit you still love me.”

 

Yifan wasn’t kidding when he said he is capable of doing things. Well, why did Kyungsoo doubt that in the first place? If he was able to make things possible when he isn’t even a boss of a company, how much more Yifan when at a young age he runs a multi-billion dollar corporation?


“I’m impressed,” Kyungsoo mutters in fascination. “How did you know I work here?” 


“I think you’re forgetting the fact that your best friend lives in the same social circle as me,” Yifan proudly says, mentally congratulating himself for finding Kim Jongdae.


“And how did you know who my best friend is, hmm?” Kyungsoo is apprehensive. As far as he could remember, he never talked about Jongdae with Yifan.


“I remembered the name you mentioned when you shoved that man’s face in a plate of pasta. I think his name is Sehun and your best friend’s name is Jongdae. Then I recalled the time you went to Luhan’s charity dinner. You were with Kim Jongdae. I know him because as established, his family is a well-known part of our social circle.”


Kyungsoo is overwhelmed. The young boss has very good memory. He only said Jongdae’s name once and Yifan is able to recollect that piece of information.


“You did your homework. I can’t say I’m not moved. But speaking of Luhan, does he know you’re here?”


“Luhan doesn’t need to know where I go. He’s not my boyfriend or anything. I already have someone I want to be my boyfriend,” Yifan meaningfully declared. “And of course I did my homework. You won’t believe how much information Jongdae has shared to me.”


Kyungsoo makes a mental note to torture his best friend later. Why did that troll have to provide Yifan with information? When he thinks about it now, the things he made Jongdae do just to get the tall man’s attention is embarrassing to him now.


“So…you really asked Jongdae’s help to break Luhan and me up, huh?” Yifan probes teasingly.


The smaller male flushes in mortification. To be reminded of the stupid and immature things he did previously are making him uncomfortable because he is also reminded that he was foolish. But he can’t deny it because it is the truth.


“Yes, I did,” Kyungsoo confirms. “But I know better now and what I did were absurd behaviors. It doesn’t change anything. So I suggest you stop whatever it is that you’re trying to do right now with me because it won’t work. It didn’t work when I did it to you, why would it work with me?”


“Of course it worked! I am here now, am I not? It means that you’re ways of winning someone are effective and successful. I will also win you over using the same methods you did with me.”


Kyungsoo sighs because Yifan is being persistent. He doesn’t really know why he is stopping Yifan who is obviously trying to pursue him. Didn’t he do the same thing? It can be because he’s already over the man. Or, it can be just like what Yifan said, he is still in love with the young CEO and he is afraid that Yifan is not serious about him. That the older male is only chasing him because he is just too used that Kyungsoo is around that when he suddenly stopped showing himself, Yifan just wants him to keep following him around. He is only like a toy, an object of Yifan’s amusement that the man doesn’t wanna lose. It doesn’t mean Yifan loves him although the man has already professed that.

 

Yifan follows Kyungsoo around whenever he has time away from work. He hangs out with the petite male in the convenience store the latter works at and helps him with the customers. The ladies love him and swoon over him while the men are intimidated. He comes at around 7pm and brings food. Kyungsoo is losing weight so obviously that it worries him. That’s why he makes sure that he never misses to stick around Kyungsoo at the convenience store.


At 11pm, Kyungsoo knocks off work at the store and goes home. Yifan stays with Kyungsoo until that time. He drives the petite man home which thankfully Kyungsoo doesn’t reject. The latter is too tired by that time to actually argue with him about driving him home. Yifan’s heart aches every time he sees Kyungsoo almost lifeless and too dead tired that he falls asleep on the drive home.


Before Kyungsoo’s work at the store, he works as a restaurant mascot wearing a really hot chicken outfit from 3pm to 5pm, handing out flyers to passersby. It doesn’t help that Kyungsoo has to wake up early to deliver milk to houses and work in a fish market after. He doesn’t have enough sleep that is why Yifan understands that Kyungsoo really doesn’t pay much attention to him.


Yifan wants to pay for Mr. Do’s debt so Kyungsoo can finally stop beating himself to work. But Jongdae stopped him. Kyungsoo has finally found the turning point in his life, that one reason that changed him as a person, and if he doesn’t allow Kyungsoo to push through then he will have destroyed the petite man’s chance of redeeming and renewing himself to be a better person according to Jongdae.

 

Yifan is surprised to see Kyungsoo sitting at one of the tables in his mall food court. In his excitement, he almost runs to greet the man and ask why he is there. He is unable to move though because a stout young woman, about Kyungsoo’s age he believes, approaches the petite male. They seem to know each other because Kyungsoo smiles and the young woman sits opposite him. Yifan wonders who the woman is but then he sees Kyungsoo reach beside him and presents a box to the woman. The latter opens it and takes out a medium-sized, black, leather bag which she then proceeds to inspect it.
Kyungsoo seems uneasy as the woman scrutinizes the merchandise. When the woman finishes, she says something to Kyungsoo and he smiles. But his smile is one of disappointed. The woman puts the bag back inside the box and hands Kyungsoo a white envelope. She stands up and waves at Kyungsoo which the latter returns.


It doesn’t escape Yifan’s eyes when Kyungsoo let out a defeated sigh. But then the latter’s expression turns into determined and he nods once as if trying to brave himself up. He stands up from his seat to leave, making Yifan command one of the people who followed him to go after the woman Kyungsoo just talked to. The young boss then strides a little faster to catch up to Kyungsoo before he successfully exits the building.


“Hi,” Yifan greets when he is finally able to manage walking beside Kyungsoo.


The petite male looks to his side and is somehow surprised to see Yifan. “Hi,” he greets back with that defeated smile again.


“What are you doing here?” Yifan inquires.


“I just met up with a buyer of one of my bags. She was not comfortable buying it without seeing it first because it’s expensive.”


“I see,” Yifan nods in understanding. Now he has an idea as to what Kyungsoo was doing. “Was it an important bag?”


“Yeah. It was my mother’s. She gave it to me before she died and it was my very first Chanel bag. That was what started it all, you know, my fixation over labels and expensive things.”


As Kyungsoo says that, Yifan can feel his sadness over losing the precious item. It certainly had sentimental value to Kyungsoo which no amount of money can match.


“Where are you heading now?” Yifan hurriedly asks because they were nearing the mall exit.
“I’m going to see my dad and get him out of the hell he is trapped into.”


“Really?” Yifan is genuinely happy for Kyungsoo as if he is also family, which he hopes to become true. Finally, the man’s hard work has paid off.


“Yeah. The money I received for that bag has made it enough that I can finally free my dad.”


It is bittersweet, Yifan thinks. To gain something, one must lose something. It’s just a matter of which of the two matters most; the one to lose or the one to gain.


“I’m really happy for you, Kyungsoo, really. Please tell your dad that if he decides to work again, he is welcome to work here.”


“Thank you for the offer, Yifan. Dad will surely be happy to know that.” Kyungsoo waves goodbye to Yifan and he is off.

 

That is the last time that Yifan saw Kyungsoo in a long time. He has been busy with work and when he visited the convenience store Kyungsoo worked for, the new store attendant informed him that the younger male doesn’t work there anymore. Mr. Do hasn’t come to retake his job position as well so Yifan ponders what could possibly be the reason why that is and why he isn’t able to see Kyungsoo.
Luck is on his side because he has chanced up on Kyungsoo and Jongdae in the same club where Kyungsoo almost attacked Chanyeol. The two friends are busy whispering loudly to each other, because of the deafening music, by the bar. They both failed to notice that Yifan is heading towards them.


“Fancy bumping into you here,Kyungsoo. Especially when I had a hard time trying to see you,” Yifan announces, earning the attention of the two males.


“To make you feel better, I had a hard time too,” Jongdae interjects. “It’s also the first time I got a hold of him in a long time.”


Yifan doesn’t take his eyes off of Kyungsoo who is not looking back at him. He heard what Jongdae said but he ignores it. He could care less about Kyungsoo’s best friend’s distress. What is more important is his own woe.


Jongdae takes the hint and excuses himself. “Right. I don’t matter. Oh well, better find myself someone else to party with. You love birds take care now.”
Kyungsoo attempts to prevent Jongdae from going away but his best friends dismisses him and proceeds to the dance floor to dance with some random stranger.


“So, Kyungsoo,” Yifan starts, “why is it so hard to see you.”


“I was busy with work,” Kyungsoo replies shortly.


“Speaking of work, I went to the convenience store but you don’t work there anymore. Why is that?”


“I found another job.”


Yifan is starting to get annoyed with Kyungsoo’s short responses. He hasn’t seen the man in like a month. He wants to receive longer responses than that.


“Okay,” Yifan mutters to calm himself before he continues. “I’m gonna go straight to the point. I told you before and I’m telling you again, I love you. I want you to be mine. Why don’t we cut to the chase and spare us both the bull and be my boyfriend already.”


“Are you really sure that you love me?” Kyungsoo questions which baffles Yifan.


“What makes you think I’m not sure?” Yifan wants to shake Kyungsoo so he would come to his senses.


“Because you could be mistaken. It might not be love. You could only be just amused.”


Yifan laughs in disbelief. All this time, the reason why Kyungsoo is evading him is because he isn’t sure about his feelings for him.


“Believe me, Kyungsoo. I love you. Although I am amused by you too, I’m pretty sure I am in love with you,” the young CEO assures.


“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo is still skeptical.


That is it. It’s really incredulous how Kyungsoo is so doubtful and Yifan restrains himself from pulling his own hair off. Where has the confident Kyungsoo gone to? The one who relently pursued him before? The one who was so sure of himself that he could make impossible things possible?


“Hey, Yifan! It’s been so long! How have you been?” Chanyeol interrupts, oblivious that Yifan is talking to the person who almost punched him in the face.
Yifan is thankful for Chanyeol’s impeccable timing. Although they were interrupted, Chanyeol’s presence will help him awake the Kyungsoo that knows what he wants and gets what he wants.


“I’ve been great! How ‘bout you?” he asks back.


“Can’t complain. Do you wanna dance?” The other man invites, just according to Yifan’s plan.


“Sure! I’d love to.” Before he leaves for the dance floor and follow Chanyeol, he turns to Kyungsoo who is intently looking up at him. “You know, Kyungsoo, I am yours. Don’t let another man take me away. But if you don’t make a move, then you’re giving others a chance. I belong to you, remember that.”


The younger man watches as Chanyeol takes Yifan’s hand and guides him to a spot in the dance floor. Seeing that stirs something inside Kyungsoo. He feels his body temperature rise and there’s a thunderous protest building in his core.
He is mineminemine.


Kyungsoo is rapidly turning back into the possessive state the he was in before about Yifan. It doesn’t even give him a chance to deliberate, his feet moved on its own and he is heading straight for the two who are enjoying dancing. His imaginary claws are ready to swipe off the smiles in both Yifan’s and Chanyeol’s faces. Yifan, because he is not allowed to enjoy dancing with Chanyeol. And the latter because he is not allowed to dance with Yifan all the more touch him so intimately.


When he reaches the dancing pair, he pulls Chanyeol by the shoulder and spins the giant around to face him. Chanyeol is stunned at first but when he recognized who the intruder is, he smirks because the scene is all too familiar. Yifan on the other hand is grinning from ear to ear because his plan worked. He has shaken Kyungsoo’s sleeping feelings for him and now the man is back to regain him from Chanyeol.


“Look here, buddy. Didn’t I tell you to stay away from my man? He is mine!” Kyungsoo yells and shoves Chanyeol by the shoulder.


This time, Yifan doesn’t even attempt to stop Kyungsoo. He wants to see how far Kyungsoo will go just to get him.


“Hi there, you cute little thing!” the taller man pinches Kyungsoo by the cheek which he immediately swats away. “I didn’t know you were here with Yifan. Don’t worry, Yifan is yours. I sure don’t want to be on your bad side. You’re cute but you’re also scary. Did you know that?”


It’s boring how Chanyeol easily gives up. But he is still tankful because Chanyeol served his purpose albeit unknowingly. The latter leaves, giving up the dance floor space to Yifan and Kyungsoo.


“Come here.” Yifan pulls Kyungsoo by the waist and wraps both his arms around it. “Welcome back! This is the real Kyungsoo that I know. My Kyungsoo.” He smiles contentedly as he awaits the petite man’s response.


“I’m mad at you,” Kyungsoo pouts. “You were too happy dancing with him.”


“Awww…my heart is bursting in ecstasy! You’re possessive of me again. That means you love me.”


“Don’t be too sure of yourself.”


“Oh, really? Maybe I should call Chanyeol back.”

Before Yifan can start unwrapping his arms around Kyungsoo, the smaller male has his hands gripped on his shoulders and pulls him down for a kiss.
Yifan couldn’t explain in words how the kiss felt. Fireworks can’t even cut it. It’s beyond his imagination; it’s magical. Kyungsoo’s lips are so soft and sweet that his head is spinning. And when their tongues found each other, it’s inconceivable.


“I love you, Mr. Playing-Hard-To-Get,” Kyungsoo whispers.


“I love you more, Mr. Possessive,” Yifan says. “Good thing I bought your mom’s bag back. I was gonna use it to bribe you to say you love me. But it doesn’t matter now.”


Kyungsoo is on cloud nine knowing that. It doesn’t stop him from throwing a punch on Yifan’s arm though.


And, even if Kyungsoo returned to his ways when it comes to Yifan, being possessive and all (which the young CEO prefers), his obsession to labels, material things and money didn’t. Proving that Little Prince quote once again, “What is essential is invisible to the eye.”

 

“You’ve really proven that tables can be turned,” Luhan utters suddenly.


Kyungsoo tilts his head to the side in a questioning manner. “What do you mean?”


They are sitting side-by-side, watching as Yifan and Chanyeol play one-on-one basketball. How he became friends with Chanyeol is beyond him. But with Luhan, Kyungsoo talked to him after Yifan and he became official. He apologized to the charitable man and Luhan was quick to tell him that it was okay. Since then, they started to hang out either just the two of them or with his best friend, Jongdae.


“I mean Yifan. He really hated you, you know. When were together, he kept on telling me not to be friends with you. But look at him now; he worships the ground you walk on.”


Kyungsoo just smiles and turns his gaze back to the players. He mentally notes to confront his boyfriend later about the hateful things he said to Luhan.


“How did you do it, Kyungsoo? Can you teach me?” Luhan now has his attention on Kyungsoo, eyes imploring. “I really like Chanyeol but he seems to be not interested in me. Please Kyungsoo, How do I make him like me?”


Kyungsoo’s interest is sparked. He suddenly becomes thrilled to help his friend out.


“Well Luhan, let me introduce you to Do Kyungsoo’s Guide on How to Win Your Dream Guy. Lesson number one….”

 

END.

……………………………..
Noona’s Notes:

Finally making this public after a long time. I can't invite everyone because it's so much hard work. Initially, I didn't want to make this public because this sequel is a disappointment. I didn't like how this turned out, so I set it to invite only for those who really wanted to read it. 

 

P.S. hopefully this is the start of my comeback to fanfic land. But please don't believe me too much because I'm lazy.