Behind the Camera

Behind the Camera

 

“All right people, last 5 minutes before on stage!”, a manager said as everybody scurried and doubled their work. It’s probably because of the traffic that we got here late. “Minhyuk, is Seunghyun ready yet?”, his manager asked, I simply replied, “Almost”. Focused on what I am doing, and in mind that I must make him look gorgeous but natural as possible as I can, I quickly applied a little bit of cream on his face when he suddenly held my hands lightly, and looked at me straight in the eyes, which continued to pierce through mine, “It’s okay, you don’t have to hurry. Take your time”, saying those words, he gave a small smile which I also returned the gesture. I nodded at him and calmly continued. Not long after that, I was already finished, and I was actually quite satisfied of what I did. I’ve been his personal make-up artist for over years now, but whenever he’ll be going on stage, and knowing that I was one of those who always help him out, I really feel proud on myself. And every stage just feels like very different every time. And I’ve also been his girlfriend for a year now, it was back then when he confessed to me, during the last concert in Tokyo, Japan. Every concert or whatever event that was held, we always have an after party where every staff and artist of YG Entertainment’s invited, and mostly it would be at Club Harlem, where YG Appa always personally mix the songs and do the DJ-ing. We were already at the middle of the party, everyone was having fun and even I was, but I usually prefer just sitting on a table and drinking a few, while others go to the dance floor and dance. When Seunghyun suddenly came to me, he did start the conversation with a little questions of asking how I was doing, about my job and just any random questions he could think of, but when it has already been quite some time that we’re having the conversation, he finally said that he actually likes me, asked me to go out with him. I was shocked then dumbfounded at first, and thought if I was just having some dream, but when I blinked my eyes once again, I realized I wasn’t. It was real. It was all damn real. After a few moments of realizations, I did gave him my answer which was a yes. I mean, who couldn’t resist of saying yes, that opportunity, that dream of yours finally came right in front of you, wouldn’t you just accept it?, and especially since I’ve been his fan ever since their debut back in August 2006, I really don’t find any reasons as to jilt him, right? And besides I also like him--- scratch that, I love him.

“Seunghyun and Park Bom get ready to be on stage”, one of the staff, who was also one of those organizing the events, called out. Those got me out of my trail of thoughts. When they finally got out, and as soon as they appeared on stage, hand in hand, all of the fans started screaming at the very top of their lungs, waving and swinging their light sticks vigorously, they screamed, “TOPBOM! TOPBOM!”, they repeated those words all throughout the performance. And you must also be wondering as to why they appeared on stage hand in hand. Well, the public knows that the two of them, Seunghyun and Bom, are in a relationship, they even confirmed it during a press. Yes, I am officially his girlfriend, but on the YG artists and staffs know about that. While the remaining people of on earth, knows that Bom’s boyfriend is Seunghyun, and Seunghyun’s girlfriend is Bom. Why? It’s just some public stunt actually, when the agency saw that there are many who are rooting for the two of them, they actually decided to give it a try, and when they did, the company’s ratings actually doubled--- no tripled actually. I know I don’t have any reasons to be angry at Bom, ‘cause it wasn’t really her fault to begin with, but this pang of jealousy and pain always come whenever they’ll be on stage together, acting as a couple. It might be only a stunt but it actually affects me that much. And nor do I have to be angry at Seunghyun, ‘cause whenever we’ll have time to be together, he always make the best out of it. But having a relationship with someone, that the world doesn’t know, and they really don’t have to know, really gives an agonizing heartache. Do you know that feeling that, you two can’t be seen in public together even if you really wanted to? All I wanted was to be like the other ordinary couples, to be able to show their love to the world without people having opinions or comments about your relationship, but even that simplest thing, is one thing that I couldn’t have. “Minhyuk!”, the manager called out to me, and I just realized that the performance has just ended and the fans couldn’t stop screaming and cheering. And on cue, Seunghyun, just came in at the backstage to prepare for another performance, while the other members got on stage. “Hey, are you okay?”, he asked me, planting his palm lightly against my left cheek, and his eyes that penetrate through mine, like they were showing such concern. “I’m fine”, I replied smiling up to him, though it didn’t reach my eyes. He doesn’t how I feel about this whole public stunt thing, no one does. It’s already time for his change of outfit, and I was the one in charge of helping him out. And while I was, I couldn’t help but think about, what would it feel like if the world does know my relationship with him? Would I be getting criticized? Would the crowd just accept it? Or others may bash it? But sadly, I don’t know any answers to that any of those questions, for I am someone who can he freely be with… Behind the Camera.