12: Teasing; Foiled Plan?

Thank you, my love

The INFINITE members met up with L during their break time. All of them crowded around L, wanting to know how Eunhye was doing after the accident.

“She is fine already. She will be able to discharge within a few days.” L stated. Hearing that Eunhye was recovering, all of them heaved a sigh of relief. Dongwoo playfully punched L’s arm and giggled, “Yah, Eunhye is your savior now, you should treat her nicely now. Don’t keep on bullying her. Arraseo?”

L shot him a glare, “When did I bully her?” Dongwoo hit L’s shoulders and laughed heartily. “Are you sure? You definitely threatened her or something. If not she will not pretend to not know us when she first started living with you.”

Hearing what Dongwoo had mentioned, Hoya remembered the incident. “Right. Dongwoo-hyung reminded me. She did ignore us when she saw us in school. You told her to do that?” He gave L a disgusted look. 

L ruffled his hair in frustration when the members defamed him endlessly. “That was all in the past. I’m not like that now. And I.DID.NOT.THREATEN.HER.”

The members laughed when they see how L responded to their jokes. After a round of jokes, Woohyun turned and asked L in a serious tone. “Do you have any idea who did this? Putting aside that the person had actually injured Eunhye, his main target was you. And you are pretty much in a dangerous state now.”

L nodded. “I do have some clues and I will investigate it myself.” Sungyeol stopped them suddenly. He had some impression of the person since he was about to chase after him that day. “Wait. That person actually looks familiar, I’m not completely sure. But he looks like someone from the Arts Department and he was holding a tool which only their department will use. I visited my friend there that day and I bumped into someone whose back view looked like his too.”

L moved forward, “Are you sure you saw correctly?” Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders. He had only made a guess based on his vague impression.

L sighed since it was not really a useful clue. He continued, “Don’t worry about me. I will take care of myself; I’m pretty agile you know?”  

He turned and looked out of the window, thoughts running through his mind.


 

After school, L waited for Hyorin outside her dance studio again.

Hyorin was surprised to see L, but feeling happy at the same time.

“Myungsoo ah. Are you here to see me?” She linked her arms with L. L nodded and slightly removed her arms from his, making Hyorin shocked at his actions since he would not usually do this.

They sat down at the bench outside the studio. L looked down at his shoes since he did not how to start. “Noona, have you heard about the incident about Eunhye and me?” Hyorin nodded, looking at L suspiciously. She realized that he might actually know something.

She probed further, not knowing that she was actually digging her own grave. “So… You have found out who was the culprit?” L breathed in deeply, looking into her eyes. “Noona, the person that attacked me said something like he would not allow anyone to hurt you. He mentioned your name specifically. Are you sure you do not have any impression who might did this?”

It then struck Hyorin’s mind. The person might be Kang Minjun. The hoobae who had told her that he could teach L a lesson for hurting her.

“So that was the lesson he meant, .” She thought to herself, L could not know the truth, it was indirectly her fault if it was really Kang Minjun who did this.

Hyorin stuttered, “I… I do not kn… know anything… Err, Myungsoo ah. I think I need to go back for my practice already. I have come out long enough, I have to get back already.”

L bided Hyorin good bye. As she walked off, he slightly hit his own head, wondering how he could have suspected his own noona. But it was undeniable that there was really something suspicious about Hyorin’s actions and behavior.


 

“Aish, you guys are really noisy.” Junhyung shook his head as he led the rest of the BEAST members to Eunhye’s ward.

They have decided to tag along with Junhyung after school to visit Eunhye. They made Junhyung rolled his eyes as they seemed to be treating this like an excursion.

“Eunhye ahhhhhhh!” The 5 of them shrieked when they saw the girl lying on her bed. Eunhye closed the book she was reading and greeted her oppas with a big smile. “Annyeong oppas!”

“Are you feeling better already? Jiyoon told to say sorry that she can’t come today because she has extra practices.” Yoseob patted Eunhye’s head as he sat himself down on Eunhye’s bed.

“Wow. You are so lucky to get to stay in a one-bed ward!” Dongwoon chortled as he walked around examining the room. Upon hearing that, two of the oldest hyungs went over to smack him on his shoulders. “Yah, Son Dongwoon, watch your mouth.” Junhyung gave him a deadly glare as he changed the fresh flowers in the vase.

As the rest of the members started to engage in their activities, Junhyung walked over to Eunhye quietly. “Did the doctor tell you when you can discharge?” Eunhye mouthed an “o” with , recalling what the doctor had told her.

During the morning checkup, the doctor had actually mentioned that she could actually discharge tomorrow since there was not any complication in her wound. Not wanting to trouble anyone, she was wondering how she could evade his question.

“Ah… The doctor did not tell me anything. Not so fast maybe?” Junhyung nodded at Eunhye’s answer, wondering why it would take so many days.


 

In the late afternoon, Auntie Jung and L visited Eunhye. The BEAST members told Eunhye to rest well before leaving her with her family.

“Annyeong-haseyo.” Eunhye greeted politely.

“Is your wound still painful?” Auntie Jung asked. Eunhye shook her head, indicating that she was already feeling much better.

“Auntie Jung, actually you don’t need to come every day. I’m already much better and the nurses will take care of me if I need any help.” She looked down apologetically.

Just as Auntie Jung was about to reply, her phone rang. She excused herself to pick up the call, leaving Eunhye and L alone in room. L had not spoken one sentence ever since he stepped into the ward.

Gauging the awkward situation, L walked up to Eunhye. “Are you sure the wound is not painful anymore? It was kinda… deep. I’m sorry.”

Eunhye reached out and placed the hand of her injured shoulder to L’s shoulder. “See, I can move my hand freely now. I’m really okay already. You don’t have to feel so guilty about it. It was… my decision to block it afterall.” She smiled bitterly.

She tried to pat L’s shoulder again to show her ability to move. But since it was still recovering, she winced softly in pain when she moved it excessively. L shook his head at her stubbornness and he lifted the blanket to tuck her arm back under it.

“Arraseo, I believe you. Anyways, I have asked the doctor, he said you could discharge tomorrow. So wait for me, I will pick you up in the evening after my practice ended.”

Eunhye frowned when she heard.

Her plan was foiled.

She tried to convince him that she could make it back herself, but to no avail, especially after the fine nagging from Auntie Jung.


 

Eunhye approached the doctor after he was done with the morning routine checks.

“Annyeong-haseyo. I would like to ask if it is possible for me to discharge earlier? Like during the afternoon?” Eunhye asked meekly.

“Sure, you may do so. You can contact your family members to pick you up in the noon. I will ask the nurse to arrange.” He smiled warmly. “Kamsahamnida. But can I just leave myself? You see, my family is kind of busy. I’m feeling much better already. Please??” Eunhye looked at the doctor with her aegyo-filled puppy eyes.

The doctor sighed, knowing that he could not win Eunhye. He nodded, “Alright. I will not tell them if I don’t see them. However, if they are here I will have to tell them. Understand?” He winked at Eunhye playfully before he walked out. She beamed upon hearing that and thanked him profusely before sending him off with a 90 degree bow.

As soon as the noon came, she went to settle the paper works for her discharge. What shocked her most was that her medical bills were already settled by Mrs Kim.

She carried her bag and walked to the bus stop. She flopped down the seat and dialed Auntie Jung’s number. She felt that she should at least give her a call and pre-empt her first for her reckless action, she definitely would not want Auntie Jung to faint when she saw her at the door.

“Yoboseyo? This is the Kim’s Residence.” Auntie Jung greeted.

“Annyeong-haseyo. Auntie Jung? This is Eunhye.” Eunhye replied.

“Eunhye? Did anything happen?” Auntie Jung asked anxiously. Eunhye felt bad for making her worried again. “Aniyo. I just wanted to tell you I have discharged already. The doctor allowed me to do so, so I’m on my way home already.”

“WHAT?!” Auntie Jung exclaimed through the phone, making Eunhye pulling it away for a moment. For the next minute, Auntie Jung started her lecture about how dangerous it was for her to go home alone. Eunhye had to reassure her and reminded her not to tell anyone first until she reached home. Auntie Jung agreed reluctantly.

When she reached home, Auntie Jung instructed Eunhye to go back to her room immediately to rest. She had no choice but to follow, while Auntie Jung informed Mr Lee and the rest about Eunhye.

As Eunhye sat down on her bed, she texted Junhyung about her discharge. 

Within seconds, he returned the call. “YAH! Choi Eunhye. What do you think you are doing? It is so dangerous to go back all alone? What if someone knocked onto you? Then you will have to go back to the hospital… AISH! Touchwood touchwood.” Junhyung scolded through the phone.

Feeling bad, Eunhye apologized frantically. “Sorry oppa. I’m really okay already. Besides that, I have made back home safely right? I know my body can handle it that’s why I made this decision. Mianhae…”

Junhyung wanted to start his second round of lecture, but her voice melted her heart.

"Arraseo. Call me if you need help." He told her to rest well and hung up the phone.


 

As soon as the bell for the last class rang, L threw all his stuff into his bag and rushed for the door.

Recalling that he had actually practices in the afternoon, he ran back and told Sungyeol that he would not be participating in the noon practices.

He did not allow the guys to ask him another question and he dashed off.

“What the hell? So what now? YAHH!” Sungyeol shouted at L as he looked at him run off.

Without giving himself a break, he ran all the way back home. He was angry and worried about the stubborn Eunhye. He knew it was not because of pity or guilty, it was something else.

Huffing and panting at the doorstep, he calmed himself down and opened the door. Eunhye was at the dining area, drinking a cup of water.

He wanted to give her a good scolding as soon as he saw her. He walked forward, calling out to her and she turned to face him. Just as he was about to open his mouth, he noticed the huge white bandage hidden under the straps of her white tank top and denim overall shorts.

“Yes?” Eunhye replied L, blinking her big and innocent eyes. L caught his breath and swallowed. His heart actually hurt when he saw the bandage.

But that moment when she turned, she was really pretty.

He bent down to Eunhye’s height and flicked her forehead, giving his signature smirk again before walking back to his room. He felt contented for teasing Eunhye once again.

Eunhye covered his forehead in pain and screamed at him. “Yahh! I’m still a patient you know!”

The end of her lips moved upwards unknowingly as she looked at him walked up the stairs.


 

For that whole day, Eunhye and L did not spoke a single word. Making Eunhye wonder if L was still angry with her.

Since Auntie Jung had make her rest for the whole day, she could not help out in the house. Plus with her aching arm, she could not play the violin nor the piano.

During dinner, Mrs Kim ordered her to quit one of her part time jobs. “Eunhye. Please quit one of your jobs. It’s not like as if we can’t afford to raise you. I know you want to repay me back quickly, but this is not the right way.”

Eunhye tried to defend herself, but it seemed that Mrs Kim was more adamant in her decision. “There is no room for negotiation. This will be the punishment for you since you decided to be reckless and leave the hospital yourself.”

Eunhye pouted since there was no way she could go against Mrs Kim.


 

As the night grew later, Eunhye was starting to dread the moment.

The time to change her wound’s dressing…

She winced in pain as she tried to remove the bandage. She got frustrated. “Aish. It is already painful when I tried to remove the bandage, how can I even clean and apply the medicine?”

She paced to and fro in her room. It was too late to approach Mrs Kim or Auntie Jung. It was definitely inconvenient to seek Mr Lee’s help. Asking L was definitely out of the question since he would most probably laugh at her for that.

Eunhye decided to go to Jiyoon’s house after much consideration.

She crept out of her room silently and tiptoed to the stairs.

Just as when she was about to step down, L’s door opened. He saw Eunhye behaving suspiciously at the stairs, holding a white plastic bag.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Choi Eunhye. Where are you going?”

Eunhye facepalmed herself as she found out that her plan was foiled again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New chapter!

Thank you everyone for the comments and subscriptions.

Please continue to give my story lots of support and love! <3

Thank you, all! :D