Their Kind of Morning

You're My Everything

The young lady sneaks into her brother's room. Frowning when she spots Junmyeon who is still sleeping. She checks her wrist watch, 7:00 it inquires. Her class will start at 9, Junmyeon's at 8. 

Striding towards the bed side, she inhales a lungful of air. You can do it. Because waking Junmyeon up is not the easiest task. Juhyun shakes her twin's shoulder. No response. She tries again, this time a little harder than the first attempt. But still, Junmyeon does not stirs. Not even an inch. You sleeps like a log. She grumbles to herself. 

“Junmyeon, wake up.” She is still trying to wake her twin up. The guy grumbles something nonsense. Juhyun squints her eyes, pinching his shoulder instead. 

“Five more minutes, Juhyun.” The handsome young lad grumbles. His voice husky due to sleeps.

Juhyun do not accept any excuses. She pinch his ear, “Mister Kim Junmyun, if you don’t wake up now, you’ll be sorry for your life.” She threaten, after her efforts go to waste. Apparently, her brother has the guts to swats her hand, resuming his slumber. Why is it so hard for you to open those eyes of yours? The younger of the twin seethes. Juhyun stalks towards the lad’s bathroom. You don’t give me a choice.

She fills up a cup full of tap water, her breathing laboured. I hope this wakes Junmyeon ups. She draws a mischievous smile across her face. After the cup fills up, she walks back into her brother’s room. God, please forgive me. She prays before splashing the cold tap water onto her other half.

“What the actual ?” He curses, sitting up immediately on his already soak bed.

“Language, Junmyeon. I told you to wake up. Hurry up, I don’t want to be late for my classes again.”

“No! Stop!” Junmyeon gets a hold of her tiny wrist before she could walk away from his queen sized bed. Juhyun furrows her eyebrows. “What now?” She ask.

“You don’t get to walk out of my room after making this mess.” The older half squints his eyes. His voice full of venom.

Juhyun grins nervously. She flails her free hand in an awkward motion. “Well, you see. I can’t help you with anything.” At this, her brother tighten his grip on her wrist. “I’m already dressed up for classes Junmyeon, please.” She pleas.

Junmyeon smirks at his younger twin. “Even more reason for you to help me. You know what you got yourself into when you decided to splash the cold water onto me Juhyun. Now pretty princess, I’ll go shower, you take care of this mess. Okay?” There's a mischievous glint in his eyes . 

Juhyun opens to say something, but the words stuck on when her twin glares at her. God knows what those handsome brain are planning if she decided to go against his words. Not that she’s afraid of him.

Juhyun is currently grumbling to herself. Something along the line of “He take forever to shower” and “Is he actually a girl? God, what took him so long in the shower?” while she’s taking off the soaked bed sheets and exchanging it with the dry one. The pretty young woman look at her wristwatch. 30 minutes? It takes her a freaking 30 minutes to make a bed? She shakes her head at her own incompetency.

It's already half an hour and her twin is nowhere in sight. She sits on the bed first, stretching out.  She huff before walking out of Junmyeon’s room. Leaving the drenched bedsheet on the corner of his brother’s room. Who cares. I'm not going to follow his every demand. If I tell mom about this, she will tell me to be patience with him. Juhyun kicks at his brother's door in frustration.

Juhyun is still grumbling to herself when their maid greets her. “ Good Morning, Juhyun, are you okay?” Juhyun nods, “It just that my brother is being such a pain this early in the morning.” She says, before heaving another sigh.

The maid, Jihae, smile knowingly at her complain. Being their maid since both of them are a toddler making her develop some kind of close bond with the twins. “You know he likes to tease you.” She says before patting the younger girl on her shoulder. “Go eat your breakfast, your parents are looking for you.”

Juhyun smiles and nods before walking to the dining table. “Morning, mom.” She kiss her mother’s cheeks before sitting in her seat. “Morning dad.” She greets her father from across the table.

“Good morning, princess.” Her father greets back, flashing her his handsome smile. “Where’s Junmyeon?” Her father asked.

“He is still-” she stops mid sentence when a steady hand grip her shoulder.

“Morning mom, dad.” Juhyun scoffs at her brother’s greeting. 

Her brother gives her a judging look. Eyes scrutinizing his twin. “And by the way Juhyun, I never thought that you’ll be so petty.” Junmyeon says in a calm tone while taking his seat across from her.

At her brother’s statement, their parents turn to look at her with questioning eyes. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Junmyeon.” She replies, feigning innocence.

“Are you sure you don’t? Let me see, you splash tap water onto me and just leave the wet bedsheet in the corner of the room after you exchange it. Rings any bell?” 

Juhyun snorts, “I changes the bedding, that should do it.” She argues.

Junmyeon opens his mouth to retaliate to his twin when their father stop their squabbles. “Now, now you two. Eat your breakfast, you can continue fighting on the way to campus. You're going to be late if you keep squabbling here” He says, eyes scanning the twin under his thick glasses. Smiling fondly at the to of them.

With that, the family of four resume their breakfast like usual. They aren’t the type to chatter much on dining table, so the silence are not uncomfortable to be in.

They are currently in Junmyeon's car. “I can’t believe you just splash the water on me while I’m sleeping Juhyun.” Juhyun groans. For a so-called gentleman, Junmyeon sure whines a lot.

“For the love of God, Junmyeon, can we stop talking about this?” She shakes her head. Hand ruffling her shoulder length hair. A trait she do when she’s frustrated or annoyed.

Junmyeon scoffs, shaking his head with an amuse smile. “I won’t let it go.” He sings song before starting the ignition up, driving out of our garage. Juhyun bites her lower lips, nose flaring, a habit she does when she's angry. Junmyeon tune into the local radio station, and SEVENTEEN’s Pretty U fills up the silent.

Juhyun clears , breaking the stillness in the air. “You're not going to let this thing go, are you? You're planning something with that brain of yours. I'm sure” . Junmyeon nods, smirking at his sharp-minded twin. He keeps silent for a long while, feigning ignorance.

She pokes Junmyeon cheek, “Hey.”

“Let’s see.” He taps his fingers on the steering wheel. Humming along to the light melody of Pretty U. “I let it pass if you’re willing to do something for me.” Junmyeon chance her a short glance. She quirks her eyebrows. Her round eyes staring at him are fill with questions and doubts. Oh, they make a really good team. Always. 

Juhyun is still looking at him. Expression detached. Juhyun nods her head; not sure of what she gets herself into.

“Sure.” She says with confident.

Bingo!

 


Author Notes: Yes! I finally has the chance to update this fanfic. Thank you for your willingness to wait for this update. I'm a very slow writer, I admit it. Now that the first chapter is up, I hope you guys enjoy it. How do you think of this chapter? I'm sorry for my poor non-existence writing skills, it detoriates after my long hiatus. Please bear with me. I'll update the next chapter on another day (I' sure it takes me another weeks or months to finish one chapter). Anyways, do enjoy this chapter. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me through the comment section or through my twitter (@justseoho)