CHAPTER 01

**UNFINISIHED** Last Shot - KrisChen

"Five seconds on the clock. Yifan stops at the 3-point line. He looks up  and aims. The crowd went silent. He takes a deep breath, then leaps upward; the ball flew right out of his hands. It soared through the air and landed in the hoop. The crowd cheered and shouted Yifan's name. The whole stadium had their eyes on him," Yifan narrated from the middle of the basketball court. He dribbled the ball around before shooting again, making another hoop, "Basketball Hall of Fame, here I come."

He was preparing to take another shot when he heard a whistle blow behind him. His head slowly turned to see one of his best friends; Kim Jongdae standing there, waving a bottle of water in the air.

Yifan wiped his sweat and jogged over to him, asking, "It's like five o'clock, why are you here?" He took the drink his friend brought him and drank some, waiting for an answer.

"I heard there was some famous NBA player practicing in the gym, so I thought I'd drop in and get an autograph," Jongdae said with a laugh.

Yifan rolled his eyes and dumped the remaining contents of the water bottle onto himself. Afterwards, he heaved a sigh, "The championship is coming up. I can't up like I did last time."

Jongdae pursed his lips, "You didn't up. It was the ref. He didn't call ."

Walking back to the court, Yifan picked up another ball and dribbled it to the center. He took time to focus and shoot for the hoop. The ball hit the rim and bounced off. It rolled under one of the bleachers. After cursing under his breath, he turned back to Jongdae and said, "Bull. I ed up my passes and missed every rebound in the last quarter. The ref might've , but I more. I can't let the team down again."

"Come on Fanfan. Don't stress yourself out anymore," Jongdae said, trying to encourage him. He joined his friend on the court, dragging a cart full of basketballs with him. He gave one to Yifan and held one in his own hands, trying to make a basket. All his attempts failed. Yifan laughed and took the ball from him, "Dae, you gotta push it up with one hand and support it with the other. Also, bend your knees first, and them jump up. Don't just jump. You look a nerd."

Jongdae scoffed, "That doesn't even make any sense. How is that gonna help?"

Yifan sighed and moved Jongdae's arms and legs in the appropriate positions. He placed the ball back in his hands and helped him shoot. The ball fell straight through the hoop. 

He looked down at Jongdae and pushed him backward. "Tell me I don't make sense one more time," he challenged.

Jongdae grabbed Yifan's wrist and twisted it back, "Touch me again, motherer. See what happens."

"What are you gonna do? Sing me to sleep? You're no match for me, choir kid," Yifan laughed while he pulled himself away from Jongdae's grasp and jogged to the other side of the court. 

They both chased each other around the gymnasium, throwing balls at each other and laughing. Yifan would occasionally run up and down the bleachers and try to tire Jongdae out. But neither of them broke a sweat.

Jongdae stopped in his tracks and  spun his attention to Yifan, "Hey, I was thinking...."

"What?" Yifan asked, while wiping his sweat and flicking it onto Jongdae, who ignored it.

"Prom's coming up....And I just thought—” Jongdae started, but was rudely cut off by his friend.

"GOOD IDEA. WE NEED TO PICK UP CHICKS AND FIND DATES," Yifan yelled.

"That's not what I—..."Jongdae looked down and sighed, "Whatever, yeah, we should go looking for dates."

 

**im just gonna stop here for now haha**