Fanaccount

Block B New York Showcase [FANACCOUNT] 140622

Hey to all the people reading this!

 

Firstly, before I start, let me explain something in case people don’t know. A concert is mainly performances and generally around 3 hours or less. A showcase, which was what I attended, was a couple of songs but mainly interacting with the fans. In a way, the showcase was for Block B to introduce themselves to the international fanbase.

 

So before seeing the concert, my friend and I who bought VVIP tickets, travelled all the way from Canada to go to New York City. And as much as I’d love to talk about how cool NYC was, alas this is a Block B fanaccount so… let’s get back on point.

 

We were told the doors to the NYCB Theater in Westbury, would be open at 5:30 and the concert would start at 6:30. So we came at 5, and already saw the huge line forming. Since we were VVIP we thought that maybe… just maybe… we didn’t have to go all the way back to the line, and they (Jazzy Group) told us we had to go all the way back. So we did, and met some amazing BBC’s as we waited. We never really caught any names, but I was happily surprised to see how everyone got along well, despite meeting for the first time. Anyways, at around 6-ish the line split into two, with the VVIP’s getting to get in first.

 

As we waited inside, I started freaking out because my ticket said I was in section H, while my friend was in section A. And another friend joined us inside and also happened to be in section A. (Even though the sections were next to each other, but this was my first concert ever, so I’d rather not be alone T^T) But she told me not to worry since she was sure that we could find someone who’d be nice enough to switch seats with me. At around 6:30 the VVIP’s went inside the venue and went to our respective seats.

 

Before I continue, let me just add. WOAH. The showcase stage was circular. Meaning, the sections were literally circling the stage. There were… -mentally counting- 8 sections. And the stage was well… a circle. And even if you weren’t VVIP, the distance between you and the stage was merely 60 feet. While that may or may not sound far, it honestly wasn’t. My friend and I were in the fifth row, and the last row for VVIP’s but it felt really close. Like really really close. And basically people in the first row could practically feel their sweat or something. They would probably have needed to back away a few steps to get a fuller view or something. It was just that close. And super cool.

 

Back on topic, so as we went to our respective seats, we luckily found a super nice BBC who gladly switched seats with me so I could sit with my friends. So as we BBC’s were patiently waiting, music started playing and the fans were having fun singing and talking with other fans. During the almost-one-hour-wait (honestly I forgot, so I might be wrong), my friends and I started noticing the Canadian flags that Canadian BBC’s produced out of thin air. Seriously, where did they come from? Either way though, that was super cool and if I knew about this earlier we would have definitely brought a flag with us too. So as my friends and I are talking, we start looking around the venue and we notice the only way to enter the stage is from the pathway separating section A and H. Which made both sections super excited, thinking that the stars of the night would appear on our sides of the venue.

 

Finally the lights dimmed out and slowly, the whole concert started chanting out for the group to come out.

“Block B! Block B! Block B!”

 

And after a couple of moments, Very Good started playing and with it the members came out from our side.

 

Cue crazy screaming and cameras being taken out.

 

Before I continue, let me just write the songs they performed.

 

Song list:

1. Very good

2. Freeze

3. Wanna B

4. Romantically

5. Synchronization 100%

6. Be the light

7. Did you or did you not

8. Mental breaker

9. Where are you [Taeil]

10. Nanrina

11. Nice day

12. Very good [Rock version]

 

Okay so you know that feeling of not being in reality and that everything was a dream? Well that’s exactly what it was. We’re all so used to seeing them on our computers/laptops/etc, that it was almost shocking how we finally saw them with our very own eyes, in the flesh, looking absolutely flawless. So I think, a couple of people had tears in their eyes, just by seeing them. Watching them perform Very Good was awesome and a great way to start the concert. Since the stage was circular, we had the luck to watch most of the performances with their backs faced towards us. NONETHELESS, AMAZING PERFORMANCE. They quickly followed up with Freeze and Wanna B. And with every song, every BBC danced and sang to almost all of them. True dedicated fans right there.

 

After those three songs, the boys took a break by having a small talk/interview. They introduced themselves and whatnot, with the MC and the translator. And naturally with every word, fans’ screams were followed. Then they played a game where each member picked out a seat from the raffle box.

 

Let me just say, everyone had aww-ed when Jaehyo picked an adorable little girl. She was so surprised, her eyes huge as she cautiously stepped onto the stage not believing what was happening while Jaehyo’s face was filled with wonder and happiness at meeting the cutie. And as cute as it was, I had to stifle a laugh when the back of her shirt said B-bomb. I think the other members noticed it too, and Taeil even told B-Bomb of this. In which, he smiled, though let Jaehyo take care of her. Also, Zico happened to pick a girl that my friend recognized and who happened to be from Canada, super awesome! Finally Kyung - I’m not even surprised - he picked two empty seats before finally picking a fan. Him picking two empty seats seriously stressed out all the fans, like choose someone already before we get a heart attack.

 

So as the chosen fans sat in the seats the guys were previously resting on, romantically played as each member delivered a rose to the fan they picked in their own styles.

 

After the girls went back to their seats, the song Synchronization 100% played, bringing that hyper vibe back to the crowd. Right after that song, another game was held, this time charades. Following the same method of choosing six fans to participate, and Kyung once again picking an empty seat before actually choosing a fan, Block B was split into two teams and Taeil was the referee of the game. The teams were chosen by playing rock paper scissors and the captains of the teams were Zico and Kyung. Finally the teams were Zico, B-Bomb and Jaehyo and Kyung, U-Kwon and P.O. The first team had to guess the word Spiderman while the other team had to guess weightlifting. At some point for the second team, as U-Kwon was doing the action of weightlifting, the fan stood before him completely frozen, because she was just so shocked at meeting them up close, before finally covering her face and crying. Which probably scared/shocked U-Kwon, who didn’t know what to do with the situation. The girl had to be escorted back to her seat and after finishing the game, the winners received a t-shirt as a prize.

 

After charades, they performed Be the light and Did you or Did you not, and as usual the fans sang with the same energy as usual. I’m seriously amazed at how energetic and in sync the fans were with one another.

 

Followed by another talking break where the guys answered questions that fans had submitted and were then chosen by Jazzy Group.

 

One question that amused me was when Kyung was asked which place he’d like to visit other than USA. Immediately, the Canadian fans (That I’m guessing were quite a lot, or just super loud) chorused Canada, and possibly other BBC’s joined us in this chant. Finally Kyung laughed as he answered he’d want to visit Canada. The question after that, for P.O. was which place would he like to perform in, and again the Canadian fans chanted while these three girls were holding the biggest flag with the word “Montreal” on it, right in his view, and he answered Vancouver. P.O., I don’t know if you were trying to be smart and you assumed that Vancouver was in Montreal, or if you were just trolling us. But I hope you keep your word on performing in Canada!

After this talk, the guys performed Mental Breaker (one of my favorite songs!) and gave their closing speeches. Kyung who spoke in English, was right before Taeil. And he felt bad that he couldn’t express himself in English on how much he enjoyed being with us, so in an attempt (a successful one at that) to outshine him, he sang a snippet of his solo song Where Are You?

 

Finally, they closed the concert with the song Nanrina/nalina (I don’t even know which one is the correct term) and as always, amazing performance. All the fans were up, singing and dancing along with the members. It was pure amazingness.

 

The guys went back, leaving the fans wanting more.

 

And without skipping a beat, the fans (honestly, I think Section A started it) started chanting for an encore.

 

“Encore! Encore! Encore!”

 

As we chanted, our voices slowly diminished one by one, unsure if we were actually going to get an encore or not, until suddenly Nice Day started playing and the members ran back to the stage. Performing as crazily and wildly as they are known for, the fans joined them in this hype with screams and jumping. Without delay, the rock version of very good played and woah that was awesome. The whole encore was basically this wild and crazy mess that just spells Block B. And it was just that fantastically amazing and awesome.

 

Finally, before leaving the stage, the guys sat down and took pictures two sections at a time.

 

Afterwards, the fansign event and hi-touch were going to start. Talking with fellow BBC’s, everyone loved the performance, or at least the people in section A that we were talking to. As VVIP’s from sections were called out to line up for the fansign, we were all excited to meet our idols and downright quite nervous. However to our surprise (and not a happy one at that) Jazzy Group wouldn’t let us get our stuff signed - and my friend and I both brought our albums - and gave us a poster for the guys to sign.

The fansign was so quick and I was so new to this, I didn’t know how to handle the situation.

 

Basically the lineup was: Jaehyo, Taeil, P.O., Kyung, U-Kwon, B-Bomb and Zico.

 

I couldn’t even speak when I saw Jaehyo, or did I manage to squeak out a hello? Honestly my memory is kind of fuzzy because the fansign was not just quick but quick to the point that I regret not saying much or even anything. With all the members I managed to say hello in an equally squeaky/high-pitched tone. However I was definitely sidetracked by Kyung who other than smiling and saying hello at me, took the time to asked me how I was. While P.O. was signing the posters like crazy and leaving a pile (well three really) of posters next to Kyung to sign. I was so surprised at this, though I knew he spoke English, that I could only stutter back that it was a great concert. Let me just say, that my two favorites of the group was Taeil and U-Kwon, and while I barely managed to say hi to Taeil, I think I actually froze at U-Kwon and just stared at him for like three seconds as he signed my poster. Finally I managed to say “saranghae”, though I doubt he heard me. And I really wanted to ask him an anime-related question too T^T. Because of the effect U-kwon had on me, I was a little disoriented, but managed to say hi to the other two remaining members, though I felt bad I didn’t say I love them. Honestly it was so rushed, and my mind actually blanked. Woah.

 

Then the hi-touch event happened, and like before, it was rushed. I’m pretty short, and I really wanted to see Taeil’s height, only to realize he was taller than me. Hahaha, not like he was actually going to be shorter than me. I wanted to hug them too, but it seems Jazzy just didn’t want the fans to have a long contact with the group.

 

Honestly, the group clearly loves their fans so I don’t understand why we were treated so unfairly in not being able to interact with them. We paid for this, and travelled for this only to be rewarded with a couple seconds of their time. Furthermore, it was right after the concert and we can’t deny how tired they were. Nonetheless I appreciate the effort they gave to smile at us and be sweet to us with the limited time we had. Like some had said, Zico and some other members seemed pretty annoyed with how these events were held and as we can see through the twitter pictures they’ve had with fans, they really do enjoy being with us. So it hurts to see Zico feel sorry for not being able to return their love towards the fans, or having a one on one time with each fan. Hopefully you won’t get a bad impression of the country and return to perform internationally again.

 

During the concert, as I said before, the guys were just amazing. I'll just write a couple of comments of each member from what I saw.

 

Jaehyo: Super sweet! His reaction to picking the little fangirl was just adorable! And performing great as always. Though always reserved, he did quite a lot of aegyo towards the BBCS and took time to pose for the fans. And like the visual of the group, he looked beautiful/handsome/amazing! Not much to say though, since, you know, he's kind of the reserved type of guy.

 

B-Bomb: Great dancing and fanservice! (Although... Read U-Kwon's to understand) He looked amazing! Loved his hair lol. And took time to pose as well. At some point during one of the performances, he dropped his microphone though, but I don't think many noticed as they were getting up from the floor lol. And I think at some point he and Jaehyo bumped each other as they were performing. But it's okay, you're still amazing B-Bomb!

 

P.O.: Woah. His deep voice. Like woah. It was just... Woah. And like the crazy maknae he is, lots of fanservice and weirdness. The times the guys were choosing a fan through the raffle, he kept going 'woah' after a fan was picked. And each time a fan was picked, he just kept making those noises and eventually the other members joined him. There was also another moment when a fan was picked and she immediately screamed out loud from surprise with him jokingly replying with a scream of his own.

 

Taeil: Can I just say, his singing was a.maz.ing. I really love Taeil's voice and hearing it live was just extraordinary. He was adorable and sweet. It was really sweet of him to sing a snippet of his song as an apology for not speaking English well. And obviously apology accepted if you're gonna sing that well Taeil! Also, he was really really cute. He's surprisingly short, which adds to the cuteness factor, and whether he likes it or not we noticed the heels on his shoes. You can't fool us! :P

There was also this cutesy moment between him and P.O. during one of the performances where Taeil pushed him away. (jokingly of course)

 

Zico: Pure awesome badassery. He looked really cool and his English really isn't bad. He could pass for a native with the way he handles himself. He gave fanservice like the others and was really nice to the fans. His eccentric behaviour really shows who Block B is. And as always, a great leader who helped the members out.

 

U-Kwon: Okay, so when I first got into Block B, I had the assumption that U-Kwon was really quiet and shy and rarely interacted with fans. But, woah. I don't know if something amazing happened, he ate something weird or just showing his true self because he was on fire in terms of fanservice. Though his performance was flawless as well. During the whole concert, U-Kwon was overflowing with fanservice for all BBCS, whether it was his cute smiles, his dance moves while performing or while winning in the games, him posing for the fans and even going a bit closer to the fans in the first row, doing aegyo, etc., until the very end of the concert as he left while touching the fans hands in the extreme sides of section A and H. It was funny because, firstly I wasn't expecting this. Nor did others probably. And it seemed at first that he and B-Bomb were having a who-can-give-more-fanservice competition, until B-Bomb just gave up. Leaving U-Kwon with the limelight to grace the fans. Either way, U-Kwon was incredibly sweet towards the fans during the concert!

 

Kyung: I more or less expected Kyung to be the best at fanservice. But what he gave the fans this concert was sweet. He was his usual smiley self, and he was always giving fanservice to each section. He would wink, smirk, and shoot love bullets and the other usual acts. And I swear, everyone might have fallen a bit in love with him that night. Dammit Kyung y u do dis to us.

And for my friend in particular who now became a kyung fangirl and I think those around her would agree with her choice. Eye contact between the two was made almost constantly. At some point, during the concert, she yelled out his name and he looked straight towards her with a smile (and might have possibly threw in a smirk and some love bullets). He generally spoke English during the talks, and it was nice of him to talk with his fans in English and take the limited time we were given to talk with us. He always kept a smile. And it seemed he also recognized my friend during the fansign and hi-touch. Of course, it wouldn't be Kyung if he wasn't picking his noise, and quite a few BBCs noticed this as they screamed not to pick his nose. I'm not sure he heard though... But generally his talks with the fans were fun, light and playful.

 

Anywho, at the concert my friends and I were in section A. Let me just say, though I'm being totally biased,

Best. Section. Ever.

Maybe it's just me, but we were probably the first ones to chant "Block B! Block B!" for the guys to come out. And most likely the first ones to chant and start the chanting for an encore. Because, we're cool/hyper like that. Plus during the games, where in total 13 lucky fans were picked by the guys through the raffle, section A was never picked. At some point we started getting annoyed/saddened by this and started chanting for our section whenever a member was picking a fan. I guess the other sections felt bad for us? Because at some point they started chanting for us too. Though at some point when the guys were playing charades sections were chanting for themselves. I guess, Block B felt bad we were never chosen, because it seemed they wanted to throw a t-shirt in our direction, but couldn't as they were for the winners. During one of the chants, Zico came closer to our section and started dancing to the beat, which made a lot of fans scream. Also, since we were never chosen, I'm guessing the guys decided to apologized by giving section A lots of love, meaning a lot of fanservice. Which, was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. And obviously, the people in section A were just amazing. Like I said, many didn't know each other, but we all got along so well. We made three good friends in particular, who were in front of us, so shout out to Harley, Agatha and Ashley! You girls were really fun to talk too and I hope we can meet again someday!

 

Finally (and I really do mean finally), the concert was amazing. The performances were awesome, the fanservice was fantastic and the guys put on a great show. I loved the interactions between the idols with their fans, and the fans amongst themselves. Age is really just a number, and liking something has nothing to do with age, as people of any age came to watch the show. It was cool to see how people connected through a common interest, and BBC's are really nice and sweet.

 

Although the venue wasn't the fanciest, it felt really homely in a way, and we really could connect with everyone because of the proximity.

 

I know the guys might not consider this the best concert ever, due to poor management most likely, but I really do hope they remember their fans who attended their NYC concert.

Hopefully the next time they perform internationally (and hopefully in Canada), the management is done better. And maybe the guys can interact more with their fans, but performance wise, the guys did, as I've been saying, amazing.