001

Silly Boy
Silly Boy


9:00 AM

"Hyung," Sehun smiles at the older, albeit smaller man.

"Seni," he replies with a hint of a smile in his voice.

This morning, Oh Sehun welcomes the feeling of fingers through his multicolored hair and the certain someone's chest rising and falling behind his head.

It is springtime, Sehun's favorite season. He interprets the entrance of spring as the tangible incarnation of happiness, renewal, and new beginnings.

Beneath the clear skies and warm rays of the sun, Sehun reaches out beside him. He runs his fingers across the tips of green grass topped with fat drops of morning dew.

Being into small details, he inspects a single blade of grass with a single shiny dewdrop attached to it. Sighing, Sehun's mind wanders.

Subconsciously, he speaks aloud his thoughts which only make real sense to him.

Why does the sun have to take the dew away from the grass?

"Sehun, what are you murmuring about?"

Oh Sehun comes to from his reverie and withdraws his hand to himself. He leans back against the other boy's chest, snuggling his head and heaving a sigh of simultaneous sadness and contentment.

Sehun is suddenly wedged in between two contrasting emotions of elation and depression.

"Hmmm.." the older prods him to continue.

Sehun is frustrated by how he is unable to properly express himself at the moment. Instead, he just pleads. "Hyung.. Don't leave me here!" Sehun whines childishly.

The hyung chuckles and pats the maknae's cheek, causing the latter to harrumph in frustration. "Silly, the longest I'll go away for is when I sleep at night!" He assures Sehun.





 

 

9:30 AM

A comfortable and quiet silence passes for half an hour before Oh Sehun again begins stringing words in his head, the way a little child would pretend to sound philosophical.

Without warning,

He looks at his hands

the sun,

He looks to the sky.

the sun stole the dewdrop

He closes his hand into a tight fist.

from the grass.

"No!!!!!" Sehun all of a sudden screams out loud. His hyung, surprised by the erratic younger boy, sits up and jerks his head in attention.

"What..", he looks at Sehun questioningly while bringing Sehun up to face him. The sight he saw caused him to gulp, and beads of sweat to take form at the back of his neck. Sehun is hollowly staring straight ahead, eyes looking but not seeing. Warm liquid lines down his cheeks.

"Luhan hyung," he says quietly. 

He blinks two times. He accepts Luhan's intent gaze into his eyes.

Then, like a switch was flipped, Sehun starts laughing, softly at first, gradually turning into a full-blown fit.

Luhan sits there, watching the younger one laugh with his special mind in its own bubble. Both of them bask in the soft of breeze of spring. He watches Sehun as he calms down from his abrupt period of elation, after which he turns to look at Luhan in the eyes and smiles.

And the smile is different from what Luhan previously sees.

The smile is not a smile of a playful child. Not the smile of a best friend, nor of a brother. Rather, it is the smile of someone affectionately in love.

Only.. whatever Sehun had in mind, it really can't be. It's not right, because Luhan is getting married by the next day. To notice these things about Sehun, to do these things with Sehun, at this point in time, should not even be happening. Technically, this is an illicit rendezvous.

Luhan is in a stun, his brain doesn't listen and his eyes are unwavering from the figure of Sehun. He stares at the boy, noticing the cute way Sehun's smirk crinkles the edge of his eye just a fraction of an inch, and the way his multicolored fringe sways with the wind, over his eyes that seem to hold a sparkle.

Luhan clears his throat.

"Seni, you look like someone who just bathed with ponies in a pool of rainbow. What makes you so happy today?" he says in the tone a kindergarten teacher would use.

The maknae only comes dangerously close and leans his forehead against his Luhan's.

"Because hyung is with me"

Luhan sighs and his eyes flutter close. "This maknae, really". Like Sehun, he finds himself feeling some type of internal conflict.

Their faces still against each other, Oh Sehun sneaks a peck on Luhan's nose, to which the latter instantaneously reacts when his eyes fly open.

"Sehun!" he scolds his younger in a sudden burst. In a split second Luhan's eyes turn from calm to piercing, his stance defensive.

As though in slow motion, Luhan sees the reaction in Sehun's face: the smirk changing, settling into a straight line, the pink blush turning into red embarrassment, and the darkening eyes filling with dejection. The sparkle disappeared.

Luhan realized he made the wrong move, especially with dealing with Sehun. Attempting a resolve, Luhan pulls the lanky boy into his embrace, contrasting his actions from just moments before. Sehun is sniffling softly, his breathing raggedly uneven. Luhan closes his eyes and wrinkles his forehead. He's made a decision in his head. He needs just one thing for now.
Courage. At that moment, one push of shameless courage is all Luhan wants. He mutters a quick plead to the heavens before saying out loud,

"Sehun..I will never leave you. I care about you more than anything. Ok?"

Sehun nods in reply. 

"If I didn't care, why would I be here, doing this?" Luhan whispers.

Taken by surprise, Sehun looks up, and for the second time in a span of minutes, his emotions turns on its head. His face is tilted by a hand that's holding his chin. Fingers are brushing through his hair. He feels a pair of soft, warm lips against his own. He savors, melts right into it.





 

 

11:00 AM

Sehun lays in the field - now alone - yet he sighs in contentment and newfound anticipation. See you tomorrow, said Luhan. I love you, he said as well. He touched his finger to his lips, remembering the feel of his first kiss just an hour go. Luhan was the one who initiated, and Sehun could not feel more giddy.

Sehun plans the days ahead: full of happiness. and picnics. and free time. and oh god, confessions. It's bound to be perfect, just like the weather.

As he contemplates, his eyes close and he drifts into peaceful slumber.





 

 

 

 

 

12:00 PM

"How'd it go"
"Well, as planned" Luhan replies.

"Does he suspect that-"
"Nah. I'm sure I left him happy" Luhan reassures his companion.

The other man sniggers, "Who is he to you that you had to do that, anyway?"

"Just a friend. Doesn't matter."

"So, can we finally go now..?"
"..Yes" Luhan confirms.

"Good." A snicker ensues. "that boy's naïve."
"Yep", Luhan chuckles, getting on the plane after Minseok, "silly boy."

stay tuned -hunhanhearts
coded by aleric | client:  HUNHANHEARTS