YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY

YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY

“It’s been 4 years since we met” he said while we are sit on the bench .

“Yes you are right, it’s been 4 years since we first met” I smile at his words.

(flashback)

“Hey, can I join?” a tall handsome boy asked me.

“Hm,…” I was about to answer it, when he say “It’s oke, if you refuse it, hehe. Sorry if I’m scared you or something, I’m not a bad guy. I just walking around, and can’t find an empty sit. Well I saw you sit alone and there’s empty sit here. That’s why I choose to be here. But if you want to refuse it, it’s ok”

“What are you chuckling at?” he suddenly ask, when he heard I chuckled.

“You, hahahaha…” I pointed at him, while he give me a confused look

“Me?” He asked

“Yes, you..” I stop chuckle and answer him, “ I was about to answer your question, when you suddenly burst out, say that you are not a bad guy, and tell me  everything”

“Oops sorry.. “ he apologize while rubbing his back neck. “So?”

“Yes you can join me” I smile at him and he take a sit beside me.

We sat on the bench silent, busy eating. While suddenly he say “so do you like chicken katsu too?”

“Yes I like it, how do you know?”

“Because I like it too” he said while clean his food.

“Haha, that’s funny, you can’t say someone like chicken katsu just because you saw them eat that” I chuckle while clean it up

“you are right, it just like a feeling” he said, and suddenly we burst of laughter.

“you really are funny” I said that to him

“haha what so funny? I just say what I wanna say and telling you the truth” he grin

“yeah, yeah, whatever mister” I laugh while grab my things and start to leave that place since I have schedule to do. When I’m about 5 step from the bench, he suddenly shout “Wait, what’s your name?”

I stop and turn my head to him, “My name is _____”

“My name is Jongin, Kim Jongin, nice to meet you _____” he smile

“Yeah nice to meet you too Mr. Chicken Katsu” I give a chuckle and hurry leave that place

Since that day, we always meet to each other. We become closer, we talk about many things, and sometimes hang out together.

(future)

“Why are you smiling like that?” Kai question startling me a bit, make me back to where we are now.

“Na ah, just remember the first time we’ve met” I smile again at him, while he smiling back at me.

“Ah I see, btw we should get going now _____, since I have to back to work while you too. Don’t you have a photoshoot today?” Kai asked me softly.

“Yes I have, hehe”

“Let’s get going then baby, I don’t want you to be late” Kai said to me while interwhined our hands together.

He drive me to my company first then he is going back to his caffe. But before I’m going in, he turn me around and kiss my temple softly. “Good luck jagiya, do your best like usual kay, I love you” he smile at me.

“Yes I will, love you too Oppa” I kiss his cheek and after that he start to walk to his car. “See you later Oppa, take care oke” I waved him goodbye

“I will, see you later love” Kai said while starting the engine and go drive back to his caffe.

I finished my job at 8 pm, I’m waiting for my boyfriend aka Kim Jongin aka Kai pick me up and drive me home safely like usual. If you wonder, me and Kai are a couple. It’s been 3 years since that day he asked me to be his girl.

(flashback)

After that day we met, we always meet in the same place and in the same time. We become more closer than before, he asked me what I like and dislike and so do I. He sometimes pick me up from office and hangout together. He introduce me to his friends EXO and also to his PARENTS (can you imagine that #blush).

Today is our anniv, I mean today is the same date with the first time we met. I already prepare his gift. Yesterday he called me to wear something  nice, yes typical Kai. He always say that to tease me since I always use some casual cloths except when I have a photoshoot.

“Meet me at our place on 7pm okay, don’t be late _______” Kai said before end up the phone last night.

I’m going with a simple black dress today black-full-skirt-skater-dress-retro-ASOS.jpg, I’m also bring my gift for Kai. I’m waiting at the “our” bench like usual. I’m waiting  for him patiently.

After 30 minutes waiting, he still not show up. I wonder where he is. I start to call him, but Kai not pick it up. I pray for nothing bad happen to him.

After 1 hour waiting for him, I start to call and text him but no reply or answer, I become so worry. I’m looking around and there’s no sign from him.

Suddenly a lil girl come to me and give me a paper. I’m kinda confuse but she just give me smile and walk away before I even ask her. I open the paper and read it “Go to the nearby restaurant”. Without knowing I follow what the paper said.

After I arrive, al lil boy show me the way to the VIP table and give me a paper and a kiss on the cheek and walk away, AGAIN leaving me confuse. I read the paper said “just enjoy the night dear”.

The servant suddenly show up and put the food on the table. “Sorry but I didn’t reserved anything” I talked to one of the servant. She just give me smile and walk away. “What’s wrong in here?”  I really confuse now. There’s no sign from Kai and suddenly I sat up in here with all of this things.

I stand up from the chair and before leave my chair, the light switch off surprise me. Suddenly there’s a light on stage, and a boy sing with a piano. I don’t know what to do and decide to sit again. I enjoyed the song and completely forgot about Kai that moment.

His voice seems familiar. His voice like Kai, and suddenly I snaped out and try to call Kai again. The song ended and the singer turn around and before I can see his face, he suddenly speak up “Happy Anniversary for us ________”. My head lift up and see Kai standing on the stage with a sweet smile.

I can’t do anything, I’m so shock since this is the first time I heard Kai sing. I really don’t know his voice will make my heart melt. I don’t realize Kai go down from stage and come to me. He suddenly stand in front of me and give me a bouquet of flower while say “Happy 1 year meet up dear” and kiss my forehead.

I just can’t say for the sudden sweet things from him. It’s too sudden so I can’t use my brain perfectly. We sit and eat quietly. After finish the dinner, I only stare at him while he eat. He is really handsome tonight and he also smile more often than usual.

The dessert come and distract my mind. I give smile to the sevant and see Kai smile to the servant too.

Kai really prepare everything and he remember what’s my favorite is. I really wonder why today is so special. Hm Kai really unpredictable person. He is really sweet and caring tonight.

I start to eat the dessert when suddenly Kai wipe something from my lips and makes me blush.

“Hm thanks Kai” I smile shyly to him

“Finally you speak up, hehe” Kai said and smile

Oh my God, can you just stop smiling like that Kai it just make me blush even more. I speak on my mind.

Kai suddenly stand up and hold my hand while he said “Let’s dance with me _____”. Well I can’t say no since he already drag me to the floor. We dance in silent, I really can’t look up at him since he smiling sweetly at me all the time and it’s only make me blush even more.

The light suddenly switch off and Kai spun me around and backhug me. I really don’t know what to do and just look straight to the stage, when our picture came along. My picture with Kai.

I gasped when I saw it, that’s our moment from the last year. “Kai” I said

“hmm” kai whispered on my neck make me shivered.

“This is….,” before I can finish my words Kai suddenly say “ Yes, that”s our precious moment _______, do you like it?”

“Hm I really can’t say anything, I love it so much Kai” I said to him.

We are continue looking for the picture came, and Kai didn’t let go of me. I really feel so happy and doesn’t want to let go when suddenly the picture stop and replace with WORDS who make me completely shock.

“I LOVE YOU ______, DO YOU WANNA BE MY GIRL?”

I really speechless right now and he spun around so I can face him, the light switch on and I look into his eyes. “So ______ I do love you, I love you from the very first sight, I can’t stop thinking about you. I really do love you ______, Do you wanna be my girl?”

I completely can’t say anything, I look into his eyes and found the sincerity of his words. I just stay silent. Really speechless for everything today. Kai look at me and suddenly say “Hm I’m sorry _______ for what happened just now, but I mean it. It’s ok if you say no either, I give you time to think” Kai say and give me smile. He still hold me tight and I realize I love Kai too, more than just a bestfriend.

“Yes” I said to him, while he start to let go of me. He seems so confused now, and I repeat it again “Yes Kai”. He then look at me in the eyes, and I repeat for the third times “Yes Kai, Yes, Yes, Yes” and give a smile to him. He suddenly hug me tightly and say “thank you ______, I’m the happiest person now” he back off and look at me again before I can say anything he press his lips on mine and I kiss him back. “I love you so much _______,” he said between the kiss.

(future)

And that day we become a couple until now. We spent our time like usual, eat at “OUR” bench while talking about random things, hangout and also go to visit our parents.

Tomorrow is our 3rd years anniv, I wanna make something special for Kai. He picked me up from office and stay at my house for take some rest. After finish the dinner Kai ask me “where do you wanna go tomorrow, since tomorrow is our moment?”

“hm how about we spent our time at home, since you must be tired for the job and also you are not in the good condition Oppa” I smile sweetly to Kai.

“Are you sure? We can spend our time in somewhere else _____. I’m ok baby” he said while hold my hand.

“No, it’s ok Oppa, since I really wanna stay at home and spend our time here” I said to him.

“Ok then ______, btw I’m going home now. Don’t forget to lock the door ok” Kai said

“Ok Oppa, take care. Text me when you arrive ok” I said to Kai while walking him to the door.

“Ok baby, good night” he kiss me passionately before going home.

I receive a text from Kai before I go to sleep. The next day he text me “Happy Anniv baby, I Love You So Much :* “ “See you later sweetheart”

“Good morning Oppa, Happy 3rd Anniv and Happy 4th for meet up ^^, I love you more :*, neh see you later”

I take a bath and start to clean the house, after finish cleaning, I decide to  decored and bake a cake and also make a special dinner for us.

Tonight I decide to wear a black dress large.jpg since I love black so much, and check everything for the dinner time.

Kai arrived on 7pm. I open the door for him and found that he is very handsome tonight with a bouquet of flowers and also a cute teddy bear for me.

“Happy Anniv baby, here for you” Kai said kiss my forehead, cheek and lips.

“Happy Anniv too Oppa, come in” I said while take the bouquet and teddy from him.

Everythings went well, before Kai going home he took a lil box from his pocket and open it for me. I look up and saw a neckale with word “forever”. There’s a 2 neckales for both of us.

“I buy this for us so we can use it, I also designed it special for us” he smiled while put it on your neck.

“Thank you so much Kai, it’s so pretty and I love it so much” I said while holding the neckale.

“Welcome, but you prettier than the neckales” Kai said while turn you around so you can face him and he kiss your cheek.

“What a cheesy man, hehehe. Here let me put it on yours too” while you take the neckale and put it on Kai’s neck.

“Once again, Happy Anniv dear, you know I love you so much. No one can replace you. I do love you with all of my heart” Kai said while looking into your eyes.

“Yes I love you too Oppa, I love you so much. No one can replace you either” while you caressed his cheek and tip toe and give Kai a kiss. Kai kiss you back. And when you pull away, you both stay on that position. Kai hug you tightly until you feel something wet on your shoulder.

You shocked and look at him and found his tears falling down. “What’s wrong Kai?” Why are you crying?” you asked him confuse

“Ah nothing _____, I’m just happy today, I’m just happy to have you in my arms, to see you smile, to know that you are mine, to know that you also love me back. I’m so happy that I’ll forever love you _____” Kai said that words to you.

“haha aigoo Oppa, you really a cheesy man. No need to be cry because it’s true. I love you and will always love you Oppa. No one can replace you. I’m also happy that you are mine Oppa. I love you so much. So don’t cry Oppa” while you whiped the tears from his eyes.

“Ne arasoyo baby girl, and because it’s kinda late let’s go to sleep shall we?” he ruffled your hair and drag you to your room.

After change the clothes you and Kai sat on the bed.

“Let’s go to sleep baby” Kai said while climb to your bed.

“Are you going to stay tonight?” You asked him while climb to your bed.

“Yes, this is another surprised for you” Kai smiled.

“There’s so many surprises from you today, such an unexpected things you gave to me today Oppa” you said.

“Ne, anything for you love” Kai said while kiss your forehead. “Let’s sleep ok, we have to wake up early tomorrow right?”

“Yes you are right Oppa, Good night oppa, sleep well, thank you for today, I Love you” you kiss his cheek and turn around and switch off the light.

“Good night to you too baby, thank you for loving me, I’ll love you forever _____, just remember I”ll love you forver and ever no matter what happen” Kai said while backhugging you.

You turn around when you heard his words “what you meant Oppa?”

“Nothing baby” he smile, “are you….” before you can finish your words he kiss you passionately. You kiss him back. “Sleep now” he smile and hug you and you both go to a dreamland.

“_______ah, _________ah, wake up. It’s morning already” Kai said while caressed your cheek.

“Hmm ne Oppa”you slowly open your eyes and see his smile.

“I’ll make a breakfast, you go to take a bath ok” Kai kiss your forehead and go downstair.

“I’m finish Oppa, you are not going to prepare yourself to work?” I asked him

“I already take a bath baby, now let’s eat and I’ll drive you to your office and I’m going to work” he said while start to eat. After finishing everything we are doing our activities like usual.

Everything went well, everyday Kai become sweeter than ever. He always give you unexpected things. But he always say something sweeter but seems like there’s a something behind the words.

Today I woke up and really don’t know, there’s something strange. No call from Kai and also there’s no texts. This afternoon he also doesn’t come to eat with me and he also didn’t pck me up from office. I called him and leave a message for him today. He must be really tired I thought to myself.

The next morning, I didn’t received any reply text and also call from Kai. He didn’t show up to lunch and dinner too. I wonder what’s wrong with him. But I also leave message and voice note for him.

The next morning I decide to come to his house, but there’s no sign from him. I also call his friend but they are really don’t know where he is. I come to his office and they finally they said “he is out town”. The big boss offer him to work over there for awhile.

Month past and he didn’t give you any text or call. You really don’t know what to do but everyday you will go to the bench with 2 foods and hope that he will show up oneday.

It’s almost 3 months since Kai disappeared, you keep waiting for him at the bench with the same menu. But before you eat you decide to walk to his office and really hope he will be there so you can hug him and ask his explaination. When you arrive infront of his office window, you shocked and without knowing what just happened you start to run away leaving the food behind.

You crying on the bench that afternoon, you really don’t know what to do. You just sat there and crying loudly.

You heart break into a pieces when you saw Kai hug a girl in his office. You really don’t know what just happened. You back to your office and do your job and go home after that.

The next day you are doing your activities like usual. Even tought you remember what happened yesterday, but you still go to the bench and waiting for Kai. You buy 2 set menu for you and him. you are waiting fro him passionately but there’s no sign or text or call from him anymore.

A month past and you still keep waiting for him at the bench with 2 set menu for you and him. Suddenly someone show up and ask you so he can sit beside you. You just nooded your head because don’t know what to do. He asked for your name and he become a good friend for you.

His name is Luhan, you remember he is one of Kai’s friend but he never mention Kai infront of you. Your day become brighter since Luhan came. You also eat the same menu like usual. You even laugh of his joke. He really can distract you from Kai. It doesn’t meant you didn’t love Kai anymore but due all respect, Luhan came when your heart feel so empty. And Luhan always there’s for you.

One day at lunch, when you play around with Luhan, your phone suddenly ring.

“Hello” you answered the phone

“Hey you must be _____, it’s about Kai……” the person who called you say.

“……….” you keep silent and close your mouth with your hand and tears start to falling down.

“________ah what’s wrong?” Luhan asked you while shake your body.

You can’t do anything. All you can do just keep crying and suddenly Luhan hug you and you hug him tightly. Your crying become louder and louder. You crying on his shoulder while he pat your back

“Shh Baby don’t Cry tonight...” Luhan sang a song for you. After that “everything will be fine, but first of all mind to tell me what’s wrong?”

When you stop crying, you start to tell Luhan everything. Luhan listen to your carefully and comfort you.

The day after tomorrow, you prepare yourself and wear a black dress 2690.jpg . Luhan pick you up at 10am. He also use a black suite today.

“Are you ready?” Luhan said while holding your hand.

“yes” you answered him

“Let’s go then ______” he holding your hands and drive you to the place.

After awhile you arrived, you really don’t now what to do until Luhan open the door to you and holding your hand so you can go out the car.

You holding Luhan’s hand tightly when you start to walk. After a minute you walk, you can see there’s a lot people there. With the same black outfit. You just stood there and start to cry, you can’t control you tears anymore. One of them turn around and walk to you. She said “I’m so sorry _____, it must be hard to know the truth, he gave this to me so I can give it to you” while she give you a neckale. Kai’s neckale for exactly. You remember her, since you saw it the last day when you saw Kai. She start to explain everything to you.

(flashback)

3 weeks after anniversary, Kai’s manager aka Ms. Park give a letter to Kai. That’s a letter from the hospital. That was a lab result for Kai’s health. When he open it, he was shocked for what the letter said. Kai scream and make Ms. Park came to Kai and asked what happened. She then read the letter and also shocked because the results said that Kai’s got stadium 4 of leukemia.

After Kai knows what happened to him, he start to avoiding you ____, he doesn’t want anything bad happened to you. Kai really can’t see you cry and he doesn’t want to hurt you. He try everything to make him feel better, to heal his disease but everythings it’s to late. The leukemia already overspread to every pieces of his body.

He knows that you always waiting for him, and he knows one day you will go to his office to check him up. He ask Ms. Park to act like he cheated on you, so you can leave him. His planed was success since you just run away. Even thought he knows that will hurt you, but he knows you’ll be better soonest. That’s the best thing for you.

Two days before he’s die, Kai come to the office and give his neckales to Ms. Park. “Please give it to ______ when I’m gone. I apologize for everything and please tell her I really love her until the end of my life” he smiled and also give thanks to Ms. Park for everything.

(future)

“I really apologize ______, but trust me, Kai will never cheat on you since he love you so much. He is the first person who make me believe that there’s always someone who will love you sincerely. Please forgive him, if he hurt you, he really doesn’t want to hurt you, he really want to see you happy. Your smile is all his matter.” Ms. Park said that to while I hold on Kai’s neckale on my hand.

I can’t say anything, my heart is broken into pieces, I really don’t know that Kai sick. If Kai sick I’ll do anything for him. I’ll take care of him, I’ll be there for him. I’ll never let him to face this situation alone. But I really don’t know what will happen to me after this.

I really love Kai. Kai is my everything. I know I can’t be selfish, maybe if Kai didn’t acted like that, I’ll never found Luhan. But even thought Luhan came along, my love to Kai will never die. I know his decision is make me hurt, but I think he is think about me too right.

I just standing there, speechless. After awhile I come to his grave and give a white roses. I just sit there and cry silently. “I love you so much Oppa, I love you so much. Why you leave me?” I whispered to his grave. I didn’t realize Luhan pat my head and comfort me while I’m crying silently. “He never leave you ______, Kai will watching you from above, Kai’s love will never die even thought his body will never be here anymore.” Luhan said while pat my back softly.

“Let’s go home, shall we.” Luhan said and help me to stand up. I bit goodbye to Kai’s grave. Luhan hold my hand and we are going back home. Without knowing, Luhan turn his head to Kai’s grave and said “thank you Kai” and he turn his head while walking hand in hand with me and drive me home

(a lil bit flashback)

After Kai meet Ms. Park, Kai come to Luhan’s house. He knock the door and waiting for Luhan to open the door. His head is abit dizzy but he stand still. After 2 minutes waiting Luhan come and open the door. Luhan shock because Kai is the one who come to his house at noon.

“Can I come in? There’s something I wanna talk to you hyung” Kai smiled at Luhan

“Yes, but Kai you should be in the hospital now, you can back when you are on good condition” Luhan said while a bit confuse because of sudden visit from Kai.

“No hyung, I can’t wait any longer, beside it’s only take 5 minutes to talk” Kai said while walking to his living room.

“Alright but only 5 minutes, then you should go back to the hospital arraso?” Luhan said while close the door.

“Here the book, in here you’ll find a lot things about ______, what she like and dislike, her activities and many more. I know you love her like I do hyung. So please take care of her. Sorry if I’m being selfish but please for my last wish, please take care of her for me and for yourself too.” Kai said while handing the book to Luhan

Luhan just standing there speechless since Luhan can’t say anything. “How do you know that I love her Kai?”

“I can see it from your eyes hyung, but it’s ok hyung. Make her happy and take care of her ok hyung” he smile to Luhan

“No, I mean I know I love her but you can’t just give up easily pabo. If you love her you must fight for her. Unlike this. She love you so much Kai. She really love you” Luhan said

“I know she love me, but my times will end soon so please hyung, just accept my last wish” Kai said while holding Luhan hands pleading. “But…”Luhan said interrupted by Kai’s word “Please hyung for her happiness, please stay by her side” Kai said that to Luhan while he start to walk towards the door.

“Her happiness is my number one priority hyung, and it will be yours from now on. My 5 minutes already finish, so I should get going now. Thank you hyung, goodbye” Kai bit a goodbye to Luhan.

Before Kai’s gone, Luhan shouted to him “I will Kai, I will do your last wish” Luhan shouted and start to crying in his knee. Luhan really love ____ but he also love Kai as a lil brother, knowing that Kai will gone forever make him so weak. But he should do Kai’s last wish and also, he will be strong for ______.

Unknowingly Kai heard what Luhan said and smile widely. Knowing that someone will take care if _______ make him happy even thought he knows, he is not the one. After that Kai going back to hospital, but his body not obeyed him. Kai’s body become so weak and he fell down infront of hospital.

The doctor’s team who handle Kai can’t do anything for him after he fell down, he do their best but God have his own way. And that day Kai leave us FOREVER.

But remember this even thought his body's gone, but his love will never die.

 

 

- THE END-