Three: She's Gone

Sunbyung Stories

She's Gone     Words: 1348

angst

Characters: Sunny & Hyomin

 


 

A couple of loud knocks banged on the front door, it got me woken up from my sleep, I slowly opened my eyes, I grabbed my phone, glancing at it, it was 2:07 in the morning. ! The sound of the loud knocks continued. I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep.

“Sunny!” a voice called out, a voice that was so familiar in my ears. “Sunny, open the door please.” Oh God she must be crazy. I got up from my bed, I ran lightly, making my way toward the front door. I opened it. I was right, it was her, the owner of the voice was her,

She looked so skinny, pitiably skinny, skinnier than the last time I saw her. “what are you doing here?” I asked, she replied with a sheepish smile. My heart raced when I saw her smile. I missed that smile. “Hyomin, I'm asking you, what are you doing here?” She remained silence and answered the question with another smile, this time was a very warm smile. I furrowed an eyebrow.

 

What the is wrong with her!?

 

I turned around, walked toward the living room. I stopped my step when I realized she didn’t follow, I turned around to look at her. “what are you doing there? come in, it’s cold outside.” I said. She finally stepped into my house “Sunny..” she finally opened calling my name. “what” I said dryly. She walked closer and hugged me tightly all of sudden, I was shocked. “I missed you” I could feel her breath on my neck, I could smell her hair, it smell so nice, that familiar smell. I miss this smell so much. Didn’t wanna fall for it I pushed her lightly “what are you doing?” I raised my tone. She grabbed my collar and leaned in closer, she crashed her lips against mine. Holy her moist lips touched mine, oh God I miss this taste so much. I shook my head and brushed the thought away, I pushed her and slapped her on the face.

“dammit Hyomin, what the actual are you doing?” I glared at her. She smirked. She remained silence. “dammit Hyomin say something” I yelled. She smiled creepily not saying anything. I started feeling scared of her action, her expression was so unreadable. I stepped back as she kept glaring at me, she stepped forward closer and closer, she held me tightly, tighter than before, I tried to push her but she was strong, stronger than me.

“lets stay like this. Five minutes. Just give me five minutes” she pleaded. Her voice sounded so fragile. I let her hugging me. “what happened, Hyom?” I asked. She didn’t reply.

“I missed your smell, I missed you, Sunny” she said still hugging me.

“Hyomin…” I called her name, she hummed. “what happened?” she finally let go of my body and looked right into my eyes, her brown orbs was beautiful. She began to smile again “I missed you” she said those three words again, instead of answering my question.

“I missed you too” oh dang Sunny what did you just say!? She smiled cockily “I know” she said. this is so embarrassing. She began to lean closer, she smiled. Holy Hyomin just kiss me already. gosh what the is wrong with me. I wanted her to kiss me. I really wanted to taste her lips again.

She began to kiss me gently. I was hesitant at first but I missed her, and I missed the taste of her lips so much, I didn’t care that we broke up, I didn’t care, I just missed her so much. I kissed her back, she bitted my lower lip, I opened my mouth, inviting her tongue to glide in my mouth. Her tongue began dancing in my mouth. Our kisses became more passionate.

I felt the warm liquid roll down to my cheeks. What is this? Is she crying?

I quickly broke the kiss. I looked up at her “what happened Hyom?” I asked, wiping the tears on her face. She shook her head “nothing, I’m just so happy right now” She said, her voice sounded so fragile. I know she was lying, I know it I could see it through her eyes. “no, seriously what happened?”

“I’m broken, Sunny” she said dryly, her eyes went blank and vacant.

“what? I don’t get it Hyom”

“I’m sick” she smirked.

“what?” I was confused.

“I’m sick Sunny, I’m sick!” she raised her tone.

“ Hyomin tell me the details, you are sick and what I don’t understand!” I screamed out of confusion. Don’t tell me…. Just don’t!

“the doctor said I got something called acute lymphocytic leukemia.” She said, laughing awkwardly.

“haha not funny, Hyom"

“I’m serious though” she smiled but her eyes was teary, her expression was so unreadable.

“no, you are not, Hyom! Tell me that this is just a joke!” my voice was so heavy, my vision began to ebb and flow. My heart was thudding, I didn’t even remember how to breathe. Hyomin didn’t say a word. “say something Hyom!” she remained silence. “you are gonna be okay though.” I tried hard to say those words. “you are not gonna leave me, you will stay here. By my side. Forever.” She smiled “right, Hyom?” I shook her shoulders. She shrugged and simply said “I don’t know, Sunny.”

My world crumpled slowly, I really wanted to hug and kiss her but I couldn’t move. It hurts, my heart couldn’t take it. I had trouble breathing, I didn’t know what to do, I just don’t wanna lose her twice. God why you do this to me!?

 

 

***

 

 

I walked into her room in the hospital. I opened the door “hey” she smiled at me, laying weakly in her bed, she wore a beannie, she looked so pale, so fragile, still looked beautiful though. “hi” I greeted her back.

I walked closer to her. I clambered onto her side of the bed, looking at her fondly, she smiled at me sweetly “thank you for always visiting me” she said, I hugged her, giving her a peck, hoping things would get better. We looked at each other, she stared at me, it felt like she looked right into my soul. "you are beautiful, Sunny" she said as she rubbed my cheek with her hand, she smiled. Her angelic smile, It was beautiful. It hurts so much to see her smile like this, dont know if I could continue to live without seeing that beautiful smile on her face.

"Hyom" "Yes, Sunny." "are you afraid?” I asked her, I wavered. She shook her head. “are you?” she asked. “yes I am.” I answered, looking away, didn’t wanna see her face, I blinked my tears back. “hey look” she said, I shifted moving my head toward her.

She smiled again, she rubbed my lips with her thumb. She began to press her lips against mine, kissing me gently. I simply kissed her back, it was so unfamiliarly cold, her lips. She pulled out “don’t be afraid” she whispered before placing one last kiss on my lips. “I love you” she said before closing her eyes, forever, she stopped breathing, her body was so cold, I could she how pale she was. I quickly stood up “oh God no no no Hyomin wake up!” I shook her body rapidly, panicked. Where the is the doctor?! “HELP HELP!” I screamed out loud.

 

 

"Doc, please save her! you must save her doc!" the doctor looked at me, shaking his head. He glanced at his wristwatch “Park Hyomin, 25, time of death 9:37 pm May, 17 2014” he declared. She is gone. this can’t be true. “HYOMIN WAKE UP! DON’T YOU DARE TO LEAVE ME ALONE!” I hit her chest repeatedly, wishing it could wake her up, but no, she didn’t wake up. this can’t be true. I forgot how to breathe. My head hurt, my heart hurt. “Hyomin please wake up” my voice cracked.

I don’t think I can live without her.