Chapter 18

Memories

I promise

I promise

I promise

His promise was echoing in my head. It was the only thing that I could think about since the doctor told me.

It has been about 2 days since Baek has been shot, and I have waited every minute for Baekhyun to wake up. The guys had to go to school or work, but I stayed behind. Baekhyun’s mother was in his room and she would not leave his side nor would she let me enter his room.

My dad had to come get me because he was mad that I was missing school. He dragged me to school, never in Mt life have I been dragged to school in my 18 years of schooling.

One moment I was waiting outside the doors of Baekhyun’s room and next next I was sitting at my desk in my psychology class. Minseok was sitting next to me.

Today was a little project about love. Great. We had to find a common theme of actions of people in love. Unfortunately I couldn’t remember anything about my love life because Baek was my love life. Minseok was the only one who knew about my situation so he helped me.

Instead of doing actions of love we did memories about love. Many times we get into accidents where we damage our brain. We might forget things and people. But sometimes our memories of certain types of people are located somewhere else in our brains.

I wasn’t allowed to remember Baekhyun because all of my memories of him and us was somewhere else. He meant everything to me that my brain stored everything about him in a different place than my friends and family.

I am just hoping that place wasn’t destroyed. I wanted to remember him.

What if I can

What if all of my memories of him where gone

Forever?

After class, I ran to the hospital. Baek was transfered to my hospital in Seoul so he can be closer to home. When I arrived, Dr. Do assigned me to Baekhyun. I was practically dancing in my head.

I nonchalantly walk over to Baek’s room. His mother was glaring at me. I only smiled because I didn’t care, I was too happy.

I checked his vitals.

“Why are you so happy? Are you happy to see my son in pain?” His mother said in a grave way.

“No. I am just a doctor who loves to take care of people. What kind of doctor goes around all gloomy and depressed?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Hmm what? What did you say?”

“I’m sorry that I’ve been rude to you. It’s that Baekhyun is my son and I only want to take care of him.” She laughed. “You’ll understand one day when you have a son. You don’t want him to be hurt. You don’t want him to leave you for another girl. But you want him to be happy.” She paused. “It’s hard to let go of a son I’ve been with for 23 years.”

It was quiet. She reached for Baekhyun’s hand, “Baekhyun, if you wake up. I’ll be nice to your girlfriend.” She laughed.

Then she looked up to me. At least I have a little comfort since you’re a doctor, you’ll know how to take better care of him.

“Do you promise?” It was a faint voice.

We looked at Baekhyun who had his eyes half opened and he smiled very weakly.

“Huh? Mom do you promise that you’ll be nice to (y/n)?”

“Oh sweetie, anything for you!”

“Well I have to go to my next patient.”

“Hey!” He tugged my sleave to pull me closer.

His lips were at my ear, “what about my heated kiss you promised”

My eyes shot wide open, I pulled back, and I felt my cheeks turn crimsion red. I gently slapped his arm, “aye! I have work to do, later I promise.” I said as a ran out the room.

“Yah! (Y/n)!” He said with his deadly smirk as I closed the door.

He’s awake. I texted the guys. I put my phone away then look over my shoulder to his room. The first thing he wants when he wakes up is a kiss.

I practically danced to my rounds. The patients were all happy. Then I go up to my last room when I stop in my tracks. It was him.

I took in a breath and walked over to his bed. There was a lady with him, she looked like him.

“Taehyung-ssi? You’re awake.”

“Yup doctor-nim. I feel great to.” He smiled but this smile was innocent like.

“Um doctor-nim, may I speak with you outside.”

“Yum sure.”

“I’m Taehyung’s mother. I heard what he’s been up to and I’m so very sorry. He’s a good kid he’s just been badly influenced by his father.”

She looks over at Taehyung.

“I have Taehyung that vile that made you forget. So right now he doesn’t have any clue who you or your friends are. He thinks that he was accidentally shot during his training. I know it’s a lot to ask but can you forget about all of this?”

“You know what, it’s water under the bridge.” I smiled and walked back to Taehyung.

“Hey Taehyung. It looks like you’re a very lucky guy to survive this shot.” I smiled at him.

“You’re really pretty noona.” He smoothly added.

“I’m not a noona, you’re older than me by a year.” I said. Then I left the room.

Baekhyun was outside waiting for me. “What the hell are you doing with that monster!?!”

“Baek what are you don’t out of bed?”

“Stop it and tell me why are you with him?”

“Baek it’s okay. He doesn’t remember, he lost him memory and there is a good chance that he won’t ever remember either.”

“So now he’s all innocent. Does that mean you like him?”

I sensed jealously in him tone.

“Hmm maybe I do like him. He does have a cute smile and he has pearly teeth.” I said as I started to walk away.

“Hey I’m not done talking with you!”

“But I am. I’m going to get Taetae some ice cream”

Baekhyun grabbed my wrist and spun me around, “I said that I wasn’t done talking with you” he growled.

I smile, “Do I sense jealously?”

“Maybe.” Then he kissed me. And opened the for to a supplies closet.

He pushed me in. “I don’t like it when you’re with other guys. Especially when they kidnapped you” he pushed me to the wall.

“And what are you going to do about it?”

“I’m going to teach you a lesson.” He kissed me again. “I’m saving me heated kiss for later okay. Maybe when we are alone.”

He kissed along my neck, “You still don’t remember me?”

“Nope.”

“Well I guess we can make new memories right. I’ll just have recreate our old memories. All the steamy moments we had in the shower.”

“Nuh uh. I hated it when you whined to have shower .”

“How do you know that?”

“Chanyeol told me.”

“ing Chanyeol. Wait how does he know that?”

“He told me that you complained to him that I didn’t like having shower ”

“I tell him to much”

“Well at least he tries to make me the same unlike you who tries to change me for his benefit”

“I can always dream right”

“Stop dreaming about me you ert!”

“No. I will always dream about you.”

“Why dream when you have me now?”

“You’re right huh.”

“Here, close your eyes” I pushed him down in a chair. I kissed his lips, “Dirty boy. You wake up like an hour ago and you want already?” I playfully slapped him and walked out the room.

He opened the door and back hugged me. “You dare leave me. Take me to my room. M a lost patient.”

I led him to his room to find everyone waiting for him. “Hey Baek!” They all said in unison.

“Hey you guys. I’ve died twice, but I keep coming back for her” he greasily added.

“Why are you so greasy”

“Ah you two are too cute.” Luhan said.

“No it is creepy and gross” Tao said.

“Well it is better than them staying home and ing all day.” Kris said.

“Oh my gawd, Kris!” I go to punch him, but Baek stops me

“Aye, don’t act like you didn’t like it. ‘Ahh Baek. Harder'”

“Gross Hyung” Sehun and Kai added.

“Ew gross I’m leaving. I have work to do. Maybe I won’t come back” I said as I was getting creepier out about how much everyone knew about my love life.

I heard them all laugh as I closed the door. We had the kind of relationship where we could joke about each other.

When my shift was over I went to Baek. He was already sleeping. Baek had a stuff animal that Chen brought. It was a big white dog.

It started raining and I didn’t want to walk in the rain to go home so I decided to stay on the couch.

There was a loud low rumble. Thunder. i remembered that I usually I cuddled with Baek during a stormy night but he was already sleeping so I cuddled with the plush dog.

I was falling asleep when I felt the plush dog being pulled from under me. I look up to see Baek standing.

“You’re only allowed to cuddle with me” in the dim light I saw his puppy pout.

He pulled me up and walked me to his bed. I climbed into his bed and I cuddled with him. He patted my hair and we fell asleep together.