Final

Feelings

A/n: I dont think this story is angsty enough to be an angst. I think this story is sadish o-o. The whole story is Suho's pov so yeah. Italic is what he's thinking about. I actually tried to edit this time but I skimmed through o-o so if there are any error than I'm sorry.


 

 

"Hey Kris?." A small little boy said. The taller boy turned around to see a tiny person. "Yeah?" The tiny boy fiddled with his tiny fingers and said, "Promise that we'll be together." Kris smiled at the shy boy. "Of course."

"Through thick and thin." The small boy held his hand out and pointed his pinky out. Kris chuckled and held his hand and pinky out. He curled his pinky with boy's and said,

"Through thick and thin, Suho."


 

 

I woke up to the sounds of my alarm clock, making me slam the button. I groaned and shifted around a bit but got up anyways so that I won't be late.

After 10 minutes later I finished dressing into my uniform and walked to the kitchen. I slowly entered the kitchen and is greeted of a back view of my mom. "Morning Suho." My mom didn't even have to turn around to greet me. I grinned at my mom for knowing my presence and replied, "Morning mom."

My mom placed my breakfast and lunch on the table and I slowly ate my breakfast with the spare time I have. I finished my breakfast and I put the plate in the sink and said a 'thanks' to my mom and grabbed my lunch. I sat down on the floor and put my shoes and opened the door. The wind blew on my face and I shivered a bit but closed the door. I walked to the next house and waited for my friend to come out.

Several minutes later, a tall male came out and waved at me. I waved back and smiled. "Ready to go." He asked me, I nodded and we both walked side by side each other.

"What kind of lunch you have?" I looked at my left and saw the curiosity in Kris' eyes. I chuckled a bit.

"I have a sandwich my mom made me." I smiled and open my backpack and showed Kris my lunch. Kris nodded and we continued to walk to school. I mentally sighed as the conversation died down. Kris would just ask what lunch I have and then the conversation stops.

 

We arrived the school and made it on time since the speed of the walk was slow. Both of us sped walk to class, coincidently we have the same classes. The bell rang as soon as we walked past the door making us sit down. The teacher came in and he put his books on his desk.

"Now class. We will be having a new student tomor-."

 

"Is it a guy?"

"I bet he's handsome." The girls kept fangirling and if it's a guy. I covered my ears from the loudness and waited for it to stop.

 

The noise level started to get higher and the teacher slammed his book on the desk. Immediately everyone stopped talking and looked at their teacher. "Now moving on." Some people groaned that their answer was not answered but did their work.

 

Ring~~~~~~~~

 

The bell finally rang and some people bolted out the classroom to go to their other class. Now is everyone's elective classes and Kris and I chose different classes. Kris chose basketball while I chose cooking/baking class. We parted ways and I went to my locker to get my notes.

After grabbing my notes I closed my locker and headed off to class. I stood in front of the door and slid it open. My eyes roamed around the class and saw a figure alone at a station. I walked over there and said, "Hey D.O." D.O looked up and smiled at me. "Hi." I sat down next to him and we shared some notes together.

The teacher came in and she said, "Today for class we will be baking a cake. You can chose any flavor you want." Everyone nodded and started to talk about what flavor they want. "What flavor should we make." I asked what flavor he likes and I saw him in his thinking mode. "Oh. I like red velvet cake. What about you." "I like red velvet too." I agreed. I was secretly hoping he would say red velvet.

Banging the bottom of the pan to get the air bubbles out, D.O put the pan in the oven and I cleaned our station. We were one of the fastest people to finish early so we had some time left to do whatever we want before the cake finish. While I was writing stuff down on my notes I heard some girls talking.

"Hey did you hear there's going be a new student."

"Really? Is it a guy?"

"I don't know."

Ding~

The oven went off and I put on the oven mittens and carefully grab the hot pan out, letting the cake cool down too. "Ok times up. Everyone leave your cake where they are and I will see which one is the best. Now go eat lunch. " I chuckled a bit thinking that our teacher's lunch is cake. I finished putting my stuff away and got myself ready to meet Kris. I slowly went to the door to not get crush by the people. I walked to the cafeteria and searched for Kris. My eyes roam the busy cafeteria until I saw blonde hair. I smiled and went towards him until I notice something.

I notice that Kris wasn't alone. Kris' friends Chanyeol and Tao are with him. I sighed but shook it off and walked to Kris. He saw me walking to him and so he waved at me. I waved back and sat down next to Chanyeol since there were no spot next to Kris. The three tall people talked about basketball leaving me out not understanding much about sports.

But I just kept a smile on my face. From the first day of school Kris and I haven't been able to talk much since Kris hung out with other people, which is okay, Kris doesn't have to hang out with me all the time. Kris does have a social life too. But it made me feel more lonely. I wasn't social like Kris, I was too shy to even talk to anyone except for D.O.

The bell snapped me out of my thoughts and I collected my belongings and walked to my other class.

 

School ended and I waited outside for Kris so we can go home together. I spot from afar Kris and gave him a smile. Before I could say anything Kris beat me to it and said, "You don't have to wait for me anymore. I'm going to hang out with Chanyeol and Tao. I'll text you when we can walk home together." My heart hurt a bit but nonetheless I gave Kris a smile. "It's ok. Make sure you text me." I said in a teasing tone. Kris smiled and ruffled my hair. He waved a goodbye to me and walked away. I sighed again and walked the other direction home.

I arrived my house and pulled my keys out of my pocket. I unlocked the door and opened it. I took my shoes off and close the door. I greeted my mom first and walked to my room. I walked inside my room and close the door. I took my backpack off and put it to the side and laid on my bed. I sighed softly and placed my hand on my chest. My heart hurt a bit when I wasn't able to talk much with Kris but I couldn't control Kris' life. I rubbed my eyes to prevent myself from sleeping and started to do my homework.

Today I wasn't able to sleep as much.


 

 

Morning came and I woke up from my slumber and slowly got up not wanting to go to school today. I brushed my teeth and put my uniform on while rubbing the wrinkled parts. When I finished dressing I went to the kitchen ready for breakfast but when I got there I didn't see my mom anywhere. I looked around the kitchen until I spotted something on the table, a sticky note. I picked it up and read it.

 

Suho. I'm sorry that I couldn't make you anything but I had to go to work early.

Don't forget to make yourself something.

 From mom.

 

A smile came on my face and I put the sticky note down. I decided to get a piece of bread and put it into the toaster. While I was waiting for the toast to be done my phone beeped. I pulled my phone out and saw that Kris texted me. My face brighten up when I saw who texted.

 

From: Kris

Sorry I can't walk with you today I'm going to meet Chanyeol

so don't wait for me.

 

My smile disappeared and it hurts that I can't walk with Kris to school. I sighed and blinked a few times and put my phone away. I looked at the toaster to only see the toasted bread sticking out. I grabbed the toast and decided to eat on the way to school.

 

I finally made it to school and went straight to class. I opened the door and went to my seat. The teacher came and someone following behind him. The girls started fangirling about how handsome he is and some of the guys just rolled their eyes. Everyone's attention is now on the new kid and the teacher said, "Now everyone this is the new student. Introduce yourself."

 The light brown hair male nodded and said, "Hello my name is Luhan. Nice to meet you." He bowed. The girls kept giggling and I turned my head to the right and I saw Kris, looking interested. My eyes widen. Why does Kris look interested? Do they know each other other? Maybe they know each other from parents. I shook my head a bit and doodle on my notebook.

During class I could see that Kris kept glancing at Luhan. I can tell that Kris has some interest in him. I can't deny that my heart hurts knowing Kris is interested in Luhan. Maybe he isn't serious.

The bell rang and I got snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh. Kris, Luhan can you stay here for a bit." My eyes widen. Why did the teacher ask Kris and Luhan? I felt a little bit jealous that Luhan got to be with Kris. I put that thought aside and went to my next class.

During cooking class I couldn't focus as much. My mind was too much about why the teacher ask Kris and Luhan to stay behind. I felt someone shaking me, I snapped out of my daze and saw that D.O looked at him with worry eyes. "Are you okay?" D.O faced him, giving Suho his full attention. "Oh uh yeah. I'm okay, just didn't get much sleep." I said calming him down a bit.

The door suddenly open and everyone stopped what they were doing and look to see who it is. I looked up and saw that it's the new kid. Luhan. The teacher pointed at Suho and D.O's station and Luhan nodded. Luhan sat down across from Suho and said, "Hi. What's your name? I haven't been able to know anyone's name. I only know this person name Kris." I gulped at the word Kris. I still wonder what the teacher asked them.

"I'm D.O and this is Suho." I saw that Luhan made an 'o' shape with his mouth. "You don't sound like you're from here." I said wanting to make a conversation.

"Oh yeah. I'm from China but my dad's job had to move here." I gulped again. Kris is Chinese too. They both have something in common. They could easily converse in Chinese and I wouldn't know what they're saying.

 

There I go again.

I'm acting strange.

Why am i like this? I shouldn't be acting like this.

 

 "Oh really? That's cool." I tried not crack his voice from saying this. During class we kept talking about our likes and dislikes. While we were talking my phone vibrated. I took my out and saw another text from Kris.

 

From: Kris

I can't eat lunch with you today and can't walk home with you.

I'm going to play basketball and I have to show Luhan around the school.

 

My face paled. So that's what the teacher wanted. He wanted Kris to show Luhan around the school. He probably asked him since they're both Chinese. I mentally sighed and continued my conversation with D.O and Luhan.

 

Ring~~~~~~

 

The bell rang, which means it's lunch. I put my things into my backpack and was about to go until D.O said something. "Hey Suho. Can we eat lunch together?" I turned to face him with wide eyes. He never asked me to eat lunch with him before. "Sure." I smiled. I started to follow him and I noticed that we weren't going to the cafeteria.

I furrowed my brows but just went along with it. Soon we arrived at the back of the school. The garden. It was nice, trees that make perfect shading and flowers with variety of colors. D.O and I sat down by a tree and started to eat lunch.

"I notice that you were a little bit off today. Care to share your thoughts?" I stopped eating and looked at him. "It's nothing." I really didn't want to talk about it. "It doesn't look nothing. I saw your face when Luhan said Kris." "Come on I'll help you with your problem."

"But when he mentioned Kris, I saw that your eyes widen. Do you like him?"

Do I like him? Or do I like him as a friend?

Well I do like his height.

His hair, his eyes, his personality.

I do like him more as a friend.

Maybe I do like him after all.

But will he feel the same?

My eyes widen. "Ah. So you do like him. Are you afraid?" I couldn't do anything but sigh and nod. I couldn't do anything but accept the fact that I like him.

"Then you should go and tell him before it's too late." I shook my head. I couldn't tell him and ruin our friendship we have. I didn't want the awkwardness after I tell him. I heard D.O sigh. "Well if you don't tell him then your chance might be gone." Before I could say anything the bell rang. D.O gave me a pat on the back and left for class. I got up and went to class too.

 

School ended and I have to walk home alone again. As I was walking down the hall I saw Kris with Luhan. It looks like they already started the tour. I felt more jealous after discovering my feelings for Kris, yet I can't stay mad at Luhan. He didn't do anything wrong. I sighed and walked past them, and it looks like Kris didn't notice me either.

Today was one of my worst day ever.


 

 

For the past few days Kris and Luhan got more closer, more than me. Kris stopped texting me and hung out with Luhan, he didn't hang out with Chanyeol and Tao much anymore either. I feel like he just tossed me away and went to someone else. During class I could see that Kris glanced at Luhan and Luhan glanced at Kris too. My jealously was growing more and more seeing that the two were already close friends.

I think that Kris' best friend spot has been replaced.

 

When lunch came I decided to go to the library to get some alone time. I entered the library and walked to different sections. While I was roaming around the bookshelves I notice that Luhan was also here. I don't know why but I followed him making sure I wasn't seen. Luhan was walking around, he looks like he's waiting for someone, and clearly my prediction was right. Kris came in and started to talk to him. I hid on the other side of the bookshelves and started to listen to their conversation. Few minutes went by and they talked about what they're going to do afterschool until Kris changed the subject.

 

"Hey Luhan would you like to be my boyfriend?"

 

My eyes widen, wider than D.O's. My eyes started to tear up, I couldn't control it anymore. I cried silently and wiped the tears on my sleeves and calmed myself down. It was going to happen sooner or later. Judging by their interaction  with each other, they both had feelings. After I wiped my tears away and I went to the bathroom.

I entered the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. I tried my best to make myself look normal again. D.O was right I should've told Kris that I like him, now my chance is gone.  My phone vibrated and I took it out.

 

From: Kris

Hey can you meet me at the library?

 

After reading that text I knew he wanted to tell me that he's dating. I guess he texted me since I'm his friend. I had no choice but to act happy for him. I went out of the bathroom and headed towards the library. I inhaled and exhaled trying to calm my heart down.

I finally arrived the library. This is the most dreadful moment in my life, but I had to put on a smile.

 I spotted Kris and I greeted him. "Hey. What did you want to talk about?" I acted clueless. 

"I finally asked Luhan out." He said while a smile appeared on his face. I was happy for Kris yet I was disappointed in myself for not telling him my feelings before Luhan came.

"Really?! Congrats." I had to act happy for him. So I put on a facade, if he's happy then I have nothing against his happiness. I saw how Kris smiled when I had a happy response. Luhan changed his personality, I could see it, how his smile changed, the look in his eyes, Luhan changed everything about him.

 

School ended and I went straight home. I entered my house and ran to my room. I couldn't help but cry my heart out. My face smashed against the pillow and my sobs were muffled. As I was crying I didn't hear the door open.

"Suho dear, are you okay?" I moved my head to the side and saw my mom with worried eyes. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong." I got off the bed and went into her embrace. She wrapped around me and I cried.

"M-mom. I-I lost a friend today." My mom didn't question any further, she caressed my head while I cried like a baby. I didn't tell her that I like Kris, she probably knows what friend I'm talking about. "Shh. It's okay. Mom is here."

She kept patting my back and soon after I my eyes started to slowly close.

 

Weeks went by and Kris and Luhan went on dates often. I saw that Kris never left Luhan's side and I would just stare from afar, watching their happiness.  They would feed each other's lunches and I would see that and become sad.

D.O would comfort whenever I was sad. But sometimes he would say 'I told you so' but it was okay. Kris has found his happiness, all I can do is watch.


 

Years Later

 

Everyone graduated and moved on with their lives. While I was still stuck in the past. I tried to move on but my heart wouldn't let me. D.O and I lived in the same apartment together and we opened a bakery together. I was trying to not think about anything in the past, until a letter came.

I went into our mailbox and checked if there weren't any mix-ups. While I was looking at the address  one letter caught my eye.

 

Kris and Luhan's Wedding Invitation

You're invited.

 

My hand tighten around the envelope. Now they're getting married, I seriously regret not telling Kris before. But that was in the past; now is the present. I decided to go with D.O.

 

 The dreadful day came and I was getting dressed up. D.O already finished and he looked at me. "You don't have to go you know. Don't force yourself." I knew that D.O was concern about me. Going to my friend's wedding when I have feelings for him, but still I should go anyways.

"It's okay. I have to go. We're childhood friends." D.O just nodded and went to get the presents we bought for them.

We arrived the wedding place and there were some people I've never seen before. They must be Luhan's friends. D.O and I walked inside and put our presents on the table and we went to sit down.

An hour later all the guests are here and the music started to play. I saw Kris standing there, he had this bright smile on his face. It was a smile that I could never make, only Luhan. I wish I would be up there with Kris, but that spot has been taken.

All I can do is watch his happiness, as long as he's happy then I can't do anything about it.

 

"You may now kiss the bride."

I look up to see them both kiss. Everyone cheered for them, but I just put on a smile.

 

All I can do is just watch them be happy.


I hope you enjoyed it I did my best :D I seriously can't call this an angst o-o I got a bit lazy at the ending o-o