1/1

Forever Sounded Good.

Junhong wasn't getting any younger; or older for that matter. His dark hue's trailed over the the figure across the room, trailing over the man's facial feature's and the way his lips curled into one of the most largest smiles he's ever seen in all his years. His breath caught as the man's gaze slid toward him. Their eye's met and Junhong new this man was him. The man stared at him a moment, before his friend nudged his arm, and his eyes fluttered before he turned back toward his friend and they resumed their conversation. Junhong bit his lip, his eyes trailing back toward his own friend. Jongup stared at him with soft eyes.

 

“You think that's him?” he asked lowly, Junhong sent a quick glance toward the man and if he could he would cry.

 

“Yeah. It's him.”

 


 

Junhong was 18 when he was attacked by a monster, he was scared, alone – not knowing what to do. And he was thirsty – he met Jongup then. The elder had suffered the same fate years before and he kindly offered to help Junhong deal with his thirst without doing what those monsters did. Junhong took the offered hand and was grateful.

 

Between the 17th Century and sometime in the 1900's Junhong had met someone; a human. Someone who wasn't afraid of him, someone who's smile was bright like the sun he missed oh so much. The man was gentle and kind and he treated Junhong like he was normal – like he was human too. During their time together, Junhong didn't know about the man's illness, or that he had so much time to live – at that time Junhong wanted desperately to give him some of his endless life. But he couldn't. He watched the man he had grown to love die and he vowed he'd find him again, that they would meet again. That he would find his sun again.

 

And one day he did.

 

It took years, years of searching – of almost giving up. Jongup had to stop him twice from ramming a wooden stake into his own heart during that time. A couple hundred years later though, and he saw the sun again – the sun didn't remember him though. It hurt, walking into a book store with Jongup one evening, the other going on and on about this new novel he just had to read. He tried his best to be interested, but his mind was wondering else where. He just so happened to hear a laugh though, a very familiar laugh. His head whipped around and if his heart was beating he swore it would have stopped. The very man he'd been searching for. His smile was just as bright and warm as he remembered, those eyes so full of life and – Junhong let out a whimper. Jongup looked at him and his own eyes grew wide as well.

 

They went to that book store three times a week. Jongup had grown fond of his Sun's friend, the short one with the narrowed eyes. Mentioned how he was cute and his raspy voice was very attractive. Junhong had only rolled his eyes. He needed to talk to this man, he just didn't know how to go about it.

 

He leaned back against his seat, the book store had tables and couches for leisure, and they in their usual spot, Jongup pages in a book, and Junhong staring helplessly into space, his mind reeling.

 

“He's going to think you're his stalker,” Jongup sighed, peering over his book to give Junhong an amused stare. The younger stuck out his tongue, raising his hand to ruffle his own brown mop of hair. “I'm not a stalker – I'm just an observer.” he muttered and tried to ignore Jongups snort.

 

“Right.”

 

“Well what do you suppose I do?” he questioned, turning so he was facing Jongup completely. Jongup sighed and set his book down, using a book mark to keep his place.

 

“Junhong I have known you for many years, and you are usually bold – right now you're hiding away from confronting the person you've searched for, for years! Go up there and ask his name, ask him out, ask him anything – don't just stand here like a creep.”

 

“I'm sitting here thoug – “

 

“Junhong.”

 

The younger let out a sigh and nodded, “You're right, I know... Alright. I'll go up there.” Junhong stood and did a once over of himself. He was wearing tight black jeans and a black v-neck, a pair of white chuck's and a few rings on his fingers. He bit his lip, he looked alright – he combed his fingers through his hair and took a deep unnecessary breath.

 

“Good luck.”

 

“I'll need it.”

 

Junhong slowly made his way up to the front, the closer he got toward the man the more he wanted to turn tail and run back to Jongup; but he kept his head high, and tried to stop the shaking in his hands. He was nervous – would the other recognize him at all? Of course not – humans maybe reincarnated, but they didn't always keep their memories.

 

He finally made it up to the front, and the short pale man poked his sun's shoulder, “Gukkie it's that kid.” he heard the man whisper and he inwardly groaned, great; they noticed him staring probably. The man turned and stared at Junhong and their eyes met. Junhong let out a breath, his gaze softening. He looked the same, the same stare, the same lips – cute nose...

 

“May I help you?”

 

Junhong shuddered, that voice, that voice – ! He blinked a few times, a horrible habit of his, before smiling shyly. The man smiled at him, in a kind manner and Junhong almost broke down. He raised a shaky hand to his cheek and gulped.

 

“My friend, Jongup – he likes to read here sometimes, well most times.” he sent a glance toward his friend, the other caught his eye and waved. He heard a sigh and glanced toward the short man with pale skin, he was staring at Jongup with – dreamy eyes? He allowed a smile to twitch at his lips – oh that was good for Jongup; and for him.

 

“Anyway.” he continued, gaining their attention again, “He wanted to know if he could take your friend out for dinner tomorrow night.”

 

Junhong knew Jongup could hear him, even with the distance. He heard Jongup scoff under his breath but Junhong slipped on a smile. “He was too shy to come himself.”

 

He watched as the pale man flushed and his sun blinked before laughing. “You hear that Himchan? That boy likes you~”

 

“Shut up Yongguk.”

 

Junhong felt a smile tug at his lips; the name was different, but everything else was the same. Himchan turned to Junhong and grinned, “Tell your friend I agree, just pick me up here at seven.” Junhong nodded and he turned to leave, he felt a little happy he had gotten to hear that voice again, see that face up close. In the end he had gotten Jongup a date though; and he was left with a fleeting moment.

 

“Wait – !”

 

Junhong blinked, turning to see Yongguk slipping out from behind the desk and walking toward him. If he could blush, he would have. Yongguk stopped in front of him and smiled nervously, Junhong felt his unbeating heart flutter.

 

“What's your name?” he asked, almost urgently. Junhong looked at him for a second before a nervous smile appeared on his own lips.

 

“Junhong.”

 

Yongguk nodded, and seemed to think a moment.

 

“Would you like to make it a double date? – I mean, with Himchan and your friend.”

 

Junhong was surprised, he didn't think the other would approach him, but he wasn't complaining. He gave a smile and he swore he saw the man's cheek carry a pink tint. “I'm glad, I'll see you tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

 


 

Junhong was a nervous wreak, how Jongup managed to be so calm about this was beyond him – then again Jongup was going on a date with the person he'd been searching for years for. He looked over himself for the hundredth time, checking his hair, his teeth, breath – everything. He didn't want to scare Yongguk away with being disgusting.

 

“You look fine.”

 

“I have to look perfect.”

 

Jongup rolled his eyes and walked toward him, his friend was wearing a simple gray shirt and black jeans, his newly dyed purple and black hair parted down the middle. Junhong had to admit it looked good.

 

“He loved you before, he'll love you again.”

 

“He doesn't remember, he won't remember. I have to have him fall in love with me all over.” Junhong whispered, flopping onto his bed. They really didn't need sleep, but laying there at night gave him a bit of humanity. He would day dream, eyes closed. About the past, about the possible future. So it was kind of like sleeping. He poked his kitty plush pillow and sighed. “I don't want to mess up.”

 

“Junhongie.” Jongup sighed, sitting next to him on the bed. Junhong felt the elder run his hair, and he sighed.

 

“He fell in love with you because you were you. Don't try so hard.”

 

“... okay.”

 


 

The date was both good an bad. Jongup and Himchan hit it off right away, and Junhong was happy for his friend. Himchan seemed interested in Jongup's love for dancing, and Jongup found Himchan's love for fashion and music to be adorable.

 

Junhong couldn't say things worked out perfectly for him. He hadn't been able to say a word; out of pure nerves. He could tell it made Yongguk uncomfortable but every time he opened his mouth to say something, he quickly shut it and played with the food he wasn't going to eat anyway. Jongup noticed this about half way through dinner and decided to help – well Junhong thinks Jongup thought it was helping – really it was embarrassing.

 

“Junhong's been watching you a lot.”

 

Junhong coughed loudly, causing several people to look at their table. Yongguk blinked in surprised, and Himchan snorted under his breath. Jongup just smiled; “He's been talking about you a lot, Yongguk. Your smile, he likes that a lo –.”

 

Junhong threw his hand over Jongup's mouth and gave an amused Yogguk a nervous laugh. “Jongup doesn't know what he's talking about, he's totally lost it completely crazy – …”

 

Jongup rolled his eyes and took Junhong's hand off his mouth. “Just be honest stop being so nervous. He wouldn't have asked you out if he didn't like you.”

 

Yongguk's face heated up at this and Himchan laughed loudly this time. “Gukkie's been talking about Junhong for weeks! I was about to beat him with one of the book's but luckily he walked right up to him.”

 

“Shut up Himchan.”

 

The other just grinned and Jongup laughed. Junhong slunk down in his seat and sent Yongguk a shy smile. Yongguk gave one back and Junhong wondered if this meant thing's were actually going well – if there was a chance...

 


 

Thing's were good – great even.

 

It was four months later and Junhong found himself at the book store almost every night, sitting near the front desk and talking to Yongguk as he worked. Himchan and Jongup became a thing; Junhong warned Jongup about telling Himchan – their secret. And of course Jongup waved it off, saying that if things got more serious he'd deal with it then, and then reminded Junhong of the same. He nodded too, knowing the dangers and potential pain that came from it.

 

At that moment, Junhong was flipping through the pages of a comic book, half reading, half watching Yongguk move about. His bright smile's and kind words – and his love for children. He watched as the man kneeled down and handed a young girl a book, his smile wide and Junhong felt himself wish that he could give Yongguk children.

 

He couldn't.

 

And if he wanted to be with Yongguk – they wouldn't be able to have them. Not adopt, because it was too dangerous. And, that's when Junhong realized something. Something painful. He couldn't take away Yongguk's love for children, he knew just by looking at the man that he wished to have his own. He lowered his gaze back down to the comic and closed his eyes.

 

He was making a mistake – and he knew he could only do one thing. And that's the one thing he desperately didn't want to do. He looked up to see Yongguk smiling at him, a smile full of affection and – dare he hope love? He smiled back, his not as wide due to his current thoughts. Yongguk's smile fell a bit and he blinked in question. Junhong just shook his head, and waved his hand. Motioning for him to get back to work.

 

Junhong wished he was selfish.


 


“You're an idiot.”

 

“Tell me something I don't already know.”

 

“He loves you.”

 

“It's better if he doesn't.”

 

“Why? Isn't this want you wanted?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then why push him away?”

 

“I don't want to take away his life – he wants kid's Jongup. No matter what I can't give him that. Did you see his face when he was playing with them at the store yesterday? It was so full of happiness – I can't take that away from him.”

 

“What about your happiness?”

“Mine doesn't matter.”

 

“Bull!”

 

“... I'm sorry, tell him I'm sorry.”

 

“Tell him yourself.”

 

“I can't.”

 

Jongup looked at Junhong with irritation, and he looked away. He had decided that night to distance himself from Yongguk, to break that small connection they had before Yongguk got to attached. Junhong was already in deep; having fallen for the other once before already. It hurt him, so much – too much to separate himself, but if he didn't it would only cause Yongguk pain.

 

He didn't want that.

 

“Junhong you're stupid. I can see it, how he looks at you. It's like he's looking at someone he knew – a familiar face. He remembers. Maybe a little – maybe a dream? I can tell. I've talked to Himchan about it.”

 

“What do you mean?” Junhong asked, frowning. Jongup froze for a second, and Junhong narrowed his eyes.

 

“Jongup.”

 

“He know's – everything.”

 

“Jongup!”

 

“ – I know, but listen to me for a second.” Jongup put his hand on Junhong's shoulder, and took a deep breath. “He's the one, I'm sure. He's like my sun okay?” he started off, Junhong relaxed a bit, and continued to listen.

 

“I told him a month ago.”

 

“We've only known them for six.”

 

“I know, but he's – he's so beautiful, so sweet, so smart – and he didn't run away. He stood there, and asked me if I was sure, if I was pulling his leg... I proved it to him.”

 

Junhong frowned, “Did you...?”

 

“No, I wouldn't bite him, I don't think I could control myself if I did that.” he laughed softly, “I did the teeth thing, he was surprised. But after an hour of freaking out he calmed down. He promised not to tell Yongguk, not until you were ready to.”

 

“Which is never.”

 

“Junhong... Listen,” he sat back on the bed, they were sitting in their room again, on Junhong's overly plushed bed. “Himchan told me Yongguk noticed you, almost as if he had seen you before. He said Yongguk told him he could have sworn he'd met you before, maybe even in a dream.”

 

Junhong bit his lip, and pulled his knee's up to his chest.

 

“... I think he does remember. At least a little. So don't do this, don't run away. It's been two months and all he does is ask about you. Please don't do this to yourself, to him.”

 

“... But I'm afraid, I'm afraid he'll hate me.” he sniffled, Jongup leaned over and wiped the red tear from the youngers cheek, and Junhong shuddered.

 

“... We aren't normal Jongupie.”

 

“But that's what makes us special.” he smiled, Junhong nodded and leaned forward, pressing his forehead to Jongup's shoulder and sighing.

 

“... Ok. I'll talk to him.”

 


 

“Hi.”

 

Yongguk jumped a bit at the sound of Junhong's voice, and Junhong inwardly winced – he hadn't been breathing, or making himself noticed as most Humans would. He quickly stared breathing and blinking and doing the thing's he knew he should. Yongguk stared at him for a long time, before pulling him into a hug.

 

“You're an idiot.”

 

Junhong was surprised, but he relaxed after a second. Yongguk's scent surrounded him and he gave as soft whimper, moving closer and wrapping his arms around the others shoulders. “I'm sorry.” he mumbled, and nuzzled his face into the man's hair. He heard Yongguk sigh and move back a bit.

 

“Himchan told me everything – .”

 

“ – everything, everything?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“.... oh...” Junhong blinked and moved back a bit, figuring that Jongup was going to get upset, but not too upset. He knew Jongup wouldn't get mad at Himchan, and seeing as Yongguk and Himchan were best friends – it was bound to slip. Jongup would understand. But then he realized that Yongguk knew about him being what he was, and he wondered if he knew about the reincarnation thing – and when he looked at Yongguk, in his eyes, he realized that yes. Yes he did.

 

“... Junhong, I'm … I know you. I know I do – I just can't remember how, or when – or how!” He began, running a hand through his hair, “But when you aren't with me, when you weren't – it hurt me, felt like something was missing. I was confused, because for the first four months I had only thought of you as a friend, but your absence, my dreams. It all kind of fell on me all at once.”

 

Junhong bit his lip as he listened to Yongguk, he saw the other drop his hand limply to his side, and look at Junhong with such sad eyes.

 

“Sometimes I look at you, and you're staring at me – and you look like you're in so much pain and It because I'm the cause of it. Sometimes though, you'd smile and look at me like I was the ing world – it made me feel like I didn't deserve it, I had to ask myself what I had done to make you look at me like that... I didn't even think I did. But...Did I? Before I mean. Himchan said something about you knowing me before.” Yongguk was suddenly in front of Junhong, grabbing his hands and looking at him with wide eyes, “Junhong do you know me? Did you know me?”

 

Junhong didn't realize it until it was too late, until he saw the shock on Yongguk's face, but he was crying. Red stains fell down his cheek, and Yongguk quickly ushered them to the back room of the book store, closing the door and cursing under his breath.

 

“ – what did I do? Junhong are you ok – .”

 

Junhong stumbled forward and threw his arms around Yongguk, pulling him close and whimpering. “I knew you, I know you – you didn't have the same name, no but – your smile, your eyes, your voice, your laugh, your everything was the same. I had looked for you for so long, I was giving up hope. I almost ended my life because I had come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't see you ever again, and then... here you are working in a book store!” he sobbed. He felt Yongguk's arms wrap tight around his waist, and the other sniffle.

 

“... It's strange, and it's not normal – but I know I love you, I've loved you for so long. I've waited so long for you. I don't know if you'll remember it all. But we can make new memories right?” he whispered, and Yongguk nodded against his shoulder, and Junhong felt himself melt a little. He pulled back and looked at Yongguk for a second, before leaning in and stealing his lips in a small kiss. It was chaste, but Junhong felt like he was on cloud nine afterward.

 

Yongguk blinked at him through his tears, and raised his hand to touch Junhong's face.

 

“You're so beautiful... Junhong, you're amaizing.”

 

“Yongguk.”

 

“... Let's make new memories together.”

 

 

 


 

Epilogue.

 


 

Junhong would have hated himself; if it wasn't for the fact Yongguk had practically forced him. It was a year and a half later, and Yongguk was nearing 25, looking older, and Junhong was staying young. Yongguk complained that soon he'd look like a creepy old e; and though Junhong laughed he knew inside that this was an issue. He also knew that Jongup had crossed the line with it – and turned Himchan into what they were. Yongguk was jealous – and Junhong knew this. Himchan wasn't able to be around people for the first year, having to hide out with Jongup on an island off the coast and calm down that horrible thirst they had. But eventually he toned it down and now could behave properly. Just couldn't be around open wounds.

 

Yongguk urged him to do the same with him, to change him so they could be together forever, just like Jongup and Himchan. But Junhong was still lingering on the fact that he was taking away Yongguk's humanity.

 

“ Humanity, I love you. I want you – I want to stay with you!”

 

“Yongguk,” he sighed, rolling over in the bed they shared. Jongup had moved in with Himchan after they returned from their year long ' vacation ' and Yongguk happily moved in with Junhong during that time.

 

“You love children.”

 

“I do.”

 

“You can't have them, if you're like me.” he gestured to himself. “You could hurt them, they would question why their father doesn't age –.”

 

“I'll become a teacher,” Yongguk started, Junhong blinked. “I thought about it.” he continued, “If I become a teacher, then I can always be around children, we can change school's after five years, and start over again. It'll be easy.”

 

“It's not the same.”

 

“I don't want to die and leave you alone. Not again – .”

 

Junhong looked up at Yongguk, admiring how the moonlight hit his face through the window. His soft lips, dark hair, long lashes that brushed his cheeks so wonderfully as he blinked. It was all perfect.

 

“... I don't know.” he whispered.

 

Yongguk gave a sigh, and Junhong stared at him curiously as he sat up. “... I was hoping it wouldn't come to this.”

 

“Come to – Yongguk – no stop!”

 

He wasn't fast enough and he wanted to know why he wasn't when he had the speed of ing light on his side; but maybe it was the shock and the small part of him that wanted Yongguk to push him that extra step but seeing crimson run down Yongguk's arm as the knife in his shoulder peirced his skin made his dead heart beat – his throat felt dry and his eyes dilated. If he didn't do something fast, Yongguk would die of blood loss and he didn't want that.

 

“You idiot!”

 

“Ah... yeah I know. But you love me.” Yongguk winced, taking the blade out with a groan. It was a regular kitchen knife and Junhong wondered if his boyfriend was ing insane – well he had to be to be dating Junhong in the first place. He pushed his many fears aside, and shakingly his lips.

 

“I hope you know what you've just done.”

 

“I do, and I don't regret it. Bite me Junhong.” he whispered, blinking his dizziness away. Junhong leaned forward, and the trail of blood up from his lovers arm to hiss shoulder where the wound was, and not before giving a small whisper, of ' I love you, ' he bit down.

 

Yongguk let out a groan, his body going rigged and Junhong closed his eyes, trying not to focus on how ing amazing he tasted and raised his arm to the others mouth, he glanced at him from the corner of his eye, and Yongguk seemed to get the message. He parted his lips and bit down hard, hard enough to draw blood and that's exactly what Junhong wanted.

 

Junhong moved away, lips stained red and lowered Yongguk onto the bed. The other was panting and whimpering and he knew he was hurting; he remembered how much it hurt. He could hold touch his cheek and kiss his lips and mumble sorry over and over.

 

“I love you.”

 

Yongguk stared at him with sleepy eyes, and grinned through the pain. “I love you too.”

 

Junhong nuzzled his face into Yongguk's shoulder and breathed slowly, letting the other hold onto him as the transformation continued. He'd have to take a ' vacation' too it seemed, but then again. It didn't sound so bad.

 

After an hour or so, Yongguk calmed down enough to loosen his grip and Junhong looked up to see Yongguk staring at him – his brown eyes now a starking red.

 

“... I'm thirsty.” he croaked, and Junhong smiled sadly, and raised his hand to Yongguk's lips again.

 

“This will hold you over, don't drink too much okay?”

 

Yongguk nodded and his previous bite mark, before on the others skin. Junhong closed his eyes and waiting, and soon Yongguk slipped his lips off and wrapped his arms around Junhong.

 

“I'm happy.”

 

“Are you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good, because you just damned yourself to an eternity with me.”

 

“... I think I can live with that.”

 

“You're going to have to.”

 

Junhong shifted and sat up, and looked at the sheets. He made a disgusted face. “Ew. They're ruined.”

 

“...God you're so cute.”

 

Junhong rolled his eyes, but grabbed onto Yongguk's hand.

 

“I'm glad, to make new memories with you.” he said lowly, and Yongguk grinned, that wonderful sunshine grin of his.

 

“We do have forever.”

 

“Cheesy.”

 

“You love me.”

 

“I know.”

 

And he did. He loved Yongguk, more than he loved anything else in this world. And now, he didn't have to be alone anymore, to search anymore. Yongguk would be with him forever.

 

Junhong closed his eyes.

 

Forever sounded nice.