Chapter 1

Letters to You

You just sent Daehyun off with a heavy heart. You wanted to tell him to stay, to not go but, you knew it was wrong to be selfish. It is his dream so why stop him from achieving it? He had a heavenly voice anyway. The both of you would often sing One Year Later because it was so sweet and romantic yet sad. 

Daehyun and you often asked each other senseless questions because you two were just crazy like that. 

You looked at your pinboard that was hung on your wall. Filled with selcas of Daehyun and you. You knew life was going to be hard for you for a little bit. When you've found a stable job, you planned on flying over to Daehyun and marrying him, idol or not.

 

Daehyun, on the other hand, was emotionally and physically dying. Knowing that it may be the last time he will see the love of his life. The girl he would do anything for. He wanted to live. He wanted to live and be with you 'til death do you two part. He wanted to tell you to go with him, be with him, only look at him even if he's dying but, he also didn't want you to know that he was dying. He did leave a letter for you. Or, hung it. He pinned the note behind his favorite picture of you together.

 

 

It's been 4 months and you've been sending letters to Daehyun at least 4 times a week. But, he's never replied back. Not once. You started to worry. You thought, "wow. People change a lot." You bought another pinboard that had more space and was cuter. You started taking down the pictures from your old pinboard. You got to a special picture of Daehyun and you. You unpinned it and a small note fell off of it too. You looked at it and realized that it was Daehyun's handwriting. It read,

Hey baby. You’re probably wondering why I’m not replying to your letters right? I’m sorry. I’m being a jerk. By the time you read this, I’m probably dead and if I’m not, then you just miss me too much because you found this letter fairly early. Anyways, I have a good reason to why I haven’t replied. Just know, I will keep every single letter you send to me so keep sending them. :p Baby girl, the news I’m going to tell you is going to hurt you or is going to upset you. See what I did there? Hehe^^ I’ll stop joking now. You’re probably really annoyed that I haven’t told you yet, well, here’s the news. I have terminal cancer. Dun-dun-dun~ Sorry. I should be serious but I don’t want this letter to be depressing as hell. Look, I’ll be fine so don’t worry. I’ll miss your senseless self. Yes, I have terminal cancer. I have had this for quite a while. I was actually planning on not getting treatment but when you started talking about marriage and having kids with me, I just had to live for you. You’re my everything. I just want you to know that I will survive this. I will be with you every single day. I will think of you. So, don’t you dare think I’m cheating on you because I will never. Unless you cheat on me first, which I don’t think you will do because you love me too much. I love you more though. BABY! BABY! BABY! BABY! You’re my #1 baby. But, if I don’t survive, promise me that you will move on. I want morning, noon, and night fall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath. If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I would use my last breath to tell you that I love you. I love you so much baby girl. More than you can ever imagine. Even in your dreams, you won’t be able to dream up someone who loves you more than I do. But, I know you dream of me so that doesn’t count. No one can replace you. Even if I’m not there by your side physically, I’m there mentally. But, I have to do something that I will regret. I want you to move on. I want you to find someone better. Sometimes, you have to get hurt to gain something better. Baby, let’s break up. I’m sorry and I love you….Goodbye my precious baby girl.

                              Your man,

                                      Jung Daehyun