My Song For You

My Song For You - Yongguk

Running a dry towel over the wet white plates, you dried the dishes from dinner, leaning against the counter, you set the dry dishes aside before you grabbed a dripping wet one. 

Yongguk leaned against the wall across from the kitchen while he watched you dry the dishes. His eyes moved over you while you just stood there in your swimsuit and his hoodie who’s sleeves were pushed up to your elbows to not get it wet. A bright smile made its appearance on his face, moving his feet, he walked up beside you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"Jagi, when you are done with the dishes would you mind coming with me? I have a little surprise for you" He asked you, his eyes glued on your side profile.

"Of course, I just need to put these dishes away" You replied while you finished up the last plate, he moved to your other side as he took the plates and set them in the right cabinet, followed by the glasses and utensils too.

Turning your head, you saw your clean stack of dishes gone, looking at Yongguk he had a gummy smile on his face. Catching him red handed, you giggled and shook your head softly at how cute he was before you placed the last cup in the cupboard before turning around and facing Yongguk.

"Now what is this surprise that you speak of?" You smiled brightly, looking up at him.

"I can’t tell you yet" He sings in a teasing tone. Grabbing his hand in yours, you swung it in front of you.

"Please~" You begged

"Okay, fine. Since I was going to show you anyways" Yongguk laughed and threaded his fingers through yours before leading you out of the kitchen and to the french doors in the back.

The stained wood slats of the deck welcomed you as the wood was gently warmed by the dimming sun. Yongguk closed the door behind you before he walked with you down the stairs and to the grass that was manicured to perfection. 

Lush, green grass happily bent under your feet, holding his hand slightly tighter in anticipation, you glanced over at him while his picture perfect smile was pulling his lips so tightly that you didn’t know how brighter he could smile. 

Green grass turned into white sand under your toes.

"Yongguk are we going to the beach?" You questioned him as your eyes got wide.

"Of course we are, the surprise is there" He reasoned just like a little child.

"I see, but why are we going to the beach?" You asked him, trying to find out what the surprise was.

"Well it is our honeymoon and I wanted to do somethings special for you" He looked over at you while his hand gently squeezed yours. Nodding in response, you looked down at your toes, watching the sand in front of you. 

Placing one foot in front of the other, you felt the sand move under your feet as the gentle sensation pulled on your lips. The pace was nice and slow, just pleasurably walking closer to the water’s edge. 

"Cut!" The director called, "Great job guys, you can really see the chemistry. Okay, now for Yongguk’s surprise, I need you to sit right here and we will get Yongguk ready." The director filled you in while both of you nodded.

Once the director left to go get something, Yongguk turned to you with a bright smile.

"I hope you could see the chemistry, I mean since we are dating" Yongguk sarcastically commented as you laughed in response.

"They don’t know that" You whispered back causing him to get embarrassed. "Can I ask you something?" You questioned him while the little giggles died down between the two of you.

"Sure jagi" He replied with a smile that he kept just for you.

"Is the surprise scripted or is this all your idea?" You asked since knowing that you were on ‘We Got Married’ together, you had a hard time seeing what was the script and what wasn’t.

"This is all my idea" He reached up and brushed some hair behind your ear. "However everything I do on this show, I mean it, with all my heart"

Feeling your heart swell at his words, you knew that he really did mean all of the little acts that he would have just for you. With both of you being idols, it was really hard to keep some things professional but then the both of you thought that being on this show together might get the fans to like you two together before you were going to break the news, that you were dating Bang Yongguk.

"Ready on the set!" The director called, snapping you back into reality. The staff got the set ready just in time for the next scene and everyone took their places.

"Action!" The director called before you both stepped into your roles and walked over to your mark.

"Take a seat, jagi" Yongguk sang sweetly, nodding your head, he helped ease you down on the warm sand below. Smiling down at you, he walked away from you for a few steps before he grabbed a guitar and took a seat close to you.

The acoustic guitar sat on his lap, while he faced you. Placing his fingers in the right places, he looked up at you.

"I know this hasn’t been easy for you or for me, but I know that we will find a way. So this is My Song For You, wrapped in all of the love in my heart.” Yongguk introduced as he smiled at you, feeling your heart start to race in your chest, you pulled your knees up to your chest while you pulled down the sleeves of your hoodie over your hands.

Plucking at the different strings he started to sing, your head rested on your knees while you watched his fingers move on the instrument while his eyes glanced up at you and then back down at his fingers.

These are all my words on paper,
Feelings that can’t wait till later,
This is my song for you.

When I thought love was hurled,
You helped me break the silence,
Here’s my song for you.

And I know we’re standing in a
Hurricane, but I know together
We can find a way.
Don’t let go, come close,
Can you hear my heart?

For you I’m falling deep i’m lost
In you have found what I’ve
Been missing.

No one else can feel this space
Cause no one else can take your
Place.

For you I’m falling.
This is my song for you
This is my song
For every dream unwoken,
For every word unspoken,
This is my song for you

And I know we’re standing in a
Hurricane, but I know together
We can find a way.
Don’t let go, come close,
Can you hear my heart?

For you I’m falling deep i’m lost
In you have found what I’ve
Been missing.

No one else can feel this space
Cause no one else can take your
Place.

For you I’m falling.
This is my song for you.
You…
For you…
You…

These are all my words on paper,
Feelings that can’t wait till later,
This is my song you

Yongguk’s beautiful song set your heart free on its wings, butterflies fluttered around in your stomach as an amazing warmth of love fell over you. Listening to his voice along with the gently lapping of the waves, the sun gently setting in the distance while the last meaningful rays colored the sky in oranges, and yellows creating a gold color in the sky. The white clouds reflected the colors making the sunset one of the most beautiful that you had ever seen in your life.

Finishing his song, he looked at you to hear what you thought of it, lifting the guitar off of his lap and onto the sand next to him, you moved closer to him and just wrapped him in a hug. Resting your head on his shoulder, it was just you and him in that moment, none of the cameras, nobody to tell you what to do; it was just you and him.

"That was so beautiful" You whispered just to him, his arms gently wrapped around you as he pulled himself closer to you. Kissing the top of your head gently, both of you just watched the sunset as he rocked you gently back and forth.

The soft light of the sunset reflecting on the glass like water, you couldn’t imagine a better moment than this where you could be yourself with Yongguk and feel how much he loved you and you loved him.