Chapter 1

Right There

20th December 2013

“Unnie! Unnie! Jong In! Help me! Stop! I won’t talk! Arghhhh!” screamed Sulli in her sleep

Victoria quickly rushed to Sulli’s side as she heard the younger girl’s plea, “Sulli, unni is here. It’s alright, it’s alright, I’m here you are safe. It’s alright, it’s only a dream”

Holding Sulli’s hand while her hair, Victoria tried to calm her younger sister. A tear drops from Victoria’s eyes as she calmed the younger girl, every night as she heard Sullis’s cries; she couldn’t help but blame for herself for the incident that happened a year ago.

 

Flashback

Sulli and Victoria were partners; their compatibility and team work were much known in the safe CIA academy. Blessed with good lucks and a model-like body, no one would ever guess their profession.

“Unnie, they have located suspect CS05, we need to gather the team and go to the location straight away.” Informed Sulli as she reached her car keys and tossing it to Victoria.

“Are you telling me to drive? Is that how you treat your elder?” joked Victoria as she gave Sulli a pout.

“You know I love you right.” Answered Sulli cheerfully, giving Victoria her famous eye smile.

“Geez, is that how you treat Jong In too?” muttered Victoria, as they walked out of the office

“She would terrorize me nonstop and would sulk all day if I didn’t obey to her wants.” Said a voice behind.

The two ladies looked behind and saw Jong In , he quickly gave his girlfriend a light pack while bowing to Victoria as she is older than the two.

“Terrorize nonstop? Sulk all day? Wow, what a perfect boyfriend I have here.” Said Sulli sarcastically as she shoved Jong In’s hand away.

“But hey it’s the truth OUCH!” grumbled Jong In as he earned a pinch and a glare from Sulli.

“Alright alright kids, let’s go Sulli we don’t have much time. We need to join the rest of the team very soon.” Said Victoria as she checked on her watch, it is refreshing to see the young couple bickered but there are times when she feels jealous as they reminded her to someone.

“I’ll be going with you two; we are chasing the same killer. CS05 right? Man, maybe we can ambush his whole mafia gang too. And what kind of guy would name himself CS05, sounds a lot like counter strike to me.” Said Jong In nonstop, while the three rushed to the parking area.

 “Jong In! Can’t you be more serious?” said Sulli as she rolled her eyes.

“Geez, you are no fun” Grumbled Jong In, whom later earned a smack from Sulli.

While talking the three rushed to their own car and quickly drives to their destined location, every morning has always been like this. According to Jong In, who is a natural jokester thinks that a doze of joke is needed as it keeps the mind healthy as their job requires a lot of physical and mental effort.

Jong In doesn’t have a good feeling regarding their current task, well everyday is a struggle for them however today is different, Jong In can  feel  it.

The three joined their other team members, and little that they know that it was actually a trap. Victoria’s whole team was attacked, it was like a battlefield, and there were blood everywhere.

“Find CS05! Don’t get caught up with the fight, focus on CS05! I repeat focus on CS05!” screamed Victoria, it was a mess, she could several of her team members being injured but she couldn’t spot Sulli anywhere and this alarmed Victoria.

With much effort, the police were finally able to take the gang members down but CS05 is nowhere to be found. The attack caused some of the agents to lose their life, it was a normal sight but neither Victoria nor her members can ever get used to it.

“Hey, noona! Have you seen Sulli? I can’t find her.” Asked Jong In, he was shot in the hand however the wound doesn’t seem to be life threatening.

“No, I haven’t seen her. Let’s part and look for her.” Said Victoria, she quickly divide the team and after two hours none of them have seen Sulli.

The team decided to go back to their base as many are also injured, including a dejected Jong In and Victoria; they both silently cursed themselves for not keeping enough watch on each other. Jong In can only hoped his girlfriend would contact them first as their phone is currently switched off. A team has also been sent to find Sulli, however she is still nowhere to be found.

After almost a week filled with anxiety, Victoria got a call from one of the hospital in town telling her that there was a patient that is similar to Sulli’s. She quickly went to the hospital with Jong In, and both were equally shocked to see Sulli’state. Tears quickly spilled Jong In’s eyes as he tried to all Sulli, but he gets no response. The doctor who is handling Sulli told them that Sulli is badly injured and suffered from many broken bones.

“She was badly tortured; whoever did this must not have a heart. But she is lucky to be alive, Sulli is definitely a strong person.” Said the doctor when Victoria asked about Sulli’s condition

“Of course,that is why she is my girl.” Answered Jong In bitterly as he kissed Sulli’s bruised hand

Jong In did not leave Sulli’s side no matter how much Victoria insisted, he was scared that Sulli would leave him again. Sulli woke up after a few days however she was never the same, she would be terrified of the dark and at night she would cry or mumble in her sleep.

End of flashback

 

“Mom, is aunty Sulli alright? I heard her cried yesterday.” Asked Yoohwan, Victoria’s 5 year old son

“She is fine, even better now with uncle Jong In by her side.” Answered Victoria as she spooned her son

“I can eat by myself you know, I’m not a kid anymore.” Pouted Yoohwan as he took the spoon away from Victoria’s hand

“Why can’t uncle Jong In live with us?”

“Because he needs to fight the bad guys and besides his house is around the corner.” Replied Victoria simply

“Ooh, so uncle Jong In is just like dad! Awesome!” said Yoohwan as he chewed on his food.

“Yes, just like dad.” Chuckled Victoria, she is glad that her son grows up well despite not having a father figure.

Yoohwan grows up with ever knowing who his dad is, he doesn’t need to know. At least that’s what Victoria thought, although is difficult to be a single parent however her friends’ support have given her enough strength and courage.

After giving Yoohwan his meal, Victoria goes upstairs to check on Sulli and Jong In. She spotted the two watching in Sulli’s room.

“Oh hi unnie!”

“Yo nunna!”

“I figure that the both of you won’t go down to join me and Yoohwan so I have been kind and bring your mighty highness some food.” Said Victoria sarcastically

“Thankyou unnie, you are the best!” replied Sulli as she takes the food away from Victoria

“Are you feeling better now?”Asked Victoria concerned

“Yeah, I am better. Besides, I am already at ease now at least CS05 and his gang has been captured. They can’t torture me anymore.” Grinned Sulli

“I love you, do you know that?” asked Jong In suddenly

“I know, you have always been.” Said Sulli giving him a smile

“Okay guys, enough with the crappy talk. I am going to send Yoohwan to his friend’s birthday party, enjoy your food.” Said Victoria as pretend to gag at the two loving couple

“You need to stop lying to Yoohwan, you know. He needs to know who his dad is.” Mumbled Jong In quietly, however loud enough for Victoria to hear.

“Maybe one day. For now, all he needs to know is that his father is no longer alive. Play safe kids, there is condoms in the drawer if you need some.” Replied Victoria as she left the couple along with their protest.

Life has been content enough for them, Victoria with Yoohwan while Sulli with Jong In. Victoria often told them that she doesn’t need any other man as long as she has Yoohwan, this thus earned a loud protest from her other friends. Many of her co workers have tried courting her; however they are left with a broken heart.

 

                                                                                                *