You Can be the Butterflies I Feel on my First Date

Sprinkled Kisses

I like the way your eyes sparkle...like a crashing ocean under the hot summer sun, like a glittering diamond shining under the light, like a bowl of cianammon sugar

Hansol sighed and set down his pen, clenching the paper in both hands before crumpling it up and throwing it to the overflowing trash bin. The words to describe how beautiful he thought his girlfriend Taylor was were obviously not invented yet. He could make similes all damn day but it still couldn't paint a picture of what she meant to him.

Among the mess of the papers littering the floor and his bin, there were countless love letters, sappy poems, and attempted song lyrics. As he stared at his ious failures he realized just how sore his hand was. How many huours had it been? Three? Five? He couldn't tell.

He leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms out and giving a yawn. Taylor hadn't arrived home yet, and he missed her, but he was going to take a nap. If she came home while he was asleep she would understand. He just hoped she wouldn't read any of the papers in the trash.

Standing up he pushed in his chair and turned off the lamp beside him. The bedroom was plunged into darkness.

"How am I supposed to give you a hug if I can't see a damn thing?" a familiar voice whined from the bed on the other side of the room.

Hansol felt his face stretch into an automatic smile as he chuckled. He ran his hands along the furniture to help him along his way to Taylor. His heart nearly pounded out of his chest in excitement as he stumbled onto the bed, making out her shadowed form as his eyes adjusted.

"I didn't even hear you come in." Hansol chuckled again as he enveloped her in a warm embrace. She let out a laugh that made him shiver as butterflies gathered in his stomach.

"That's probably because you were so focused on whatever you were writing. I coudlv'e burned the house down and you wouldn't have realized it." her voice made him feel like someone had injected pure happiness into his bloodstream. He snuggled his face into her red hair, inhaling her sweet scent.

"By the way, what were you writing? You looked really frustrated." Hansol could practically hear the worry laced in Taylor's words.

"Uhm...just..." he hesitated. What if she thought he was lame?

Taylor pushed him away gently, her big brown eyes staring into his. "I'm sorry...I'm only curious. You don't have to tell if you're not comfortable."

"No...I," he braced himself for her laughter. "I was writing about you."

He only realized his eyes had clenched shut when he opened them in surprise at the silence that greeted him.

"W-What?" she whispered. A light vermillion blush dusted her cheeks as Hansol's gaze softened.

"I was trying to, uhm, how to put this..I was trying to put how much I love you into words." he said, clasping her soft hands in his.

"W-Were...Were all of those papers about me?" Taylor almost squeaked as Hansol tucked a stray hair behind her ear. He nodded.

"Holy Hansol." he stiffened at her language.

"Holy ?" he asked in surprise.

"Yeah. If you keep doing sweet things like this I'm scared I won't survive. My heart will explode from these feelings." she confessed, switching her eyes to inspect the almost aubergine pillow below her.

He felt his face begin to burn as his cheeks turned cinnabar.

"You don't..find that lame?" he almost stuttered. Taylor's head snapped up, her hair flying around her as her eyes met his sharply.

"Of course not! Why would I find it lame?" she asked, her voice pained.

"U-Uhm....I don't know.." Hansol swallowed thickly and averted his gaze. He felt light fingers touch his chin. lifting it up. He felt his head spin as he stared into Taylor's deep chocolate brown eyes. She flipped her hair out of her face and leaned towards him. placing a loving kiss on his lips.

His eyes fluttered closed instinctively as she pulled away, trailing multiple kisses along his jawline, then going higher and laying one on his nose. She kissed each cheek before meeting his lips with hers again.

After a few minutes she pulled from the kiss, her hand resting on his cheek.

"I love you so much Hansol. And I want you to know that I could never, ever find you lame. Sure, sometimes I say that you're stupid and stuff but I really do believe that you're the greatest thing that's happened to me. Just the thought that you were thinking of me when you did that makes me so happy I want to cry." she made eye contact with him the entire time she spoke, making sure she conveyed that she meant every word.

Hansol's lips curved into a smile and he almost tackled her, kissing her warmly. He then tangled his legs with hers, pulling back only to kiss her forehead before she buried her head in the crook of his neck. Their breathing slowed as they were pulled into slumber.