Here Without You

Let's Talk About Love

It had been raining almost non stop for about two days now. It was not only a little depressing but it was also a bit draining especially when combined with work. The low rumble of thunder made your footsteps quicken as you hurried to your place for a day off. The work was satisfying and fun but in the end, it was still work. The smiles and the pretense of very happy person did get wearying even when having to do it for 6 days in a row with no day off until now. The energy levels, as of this moment, were very low as you finally arrived at your place, just as a crack of thunder and lightening sounded. 

Your normal routine was forgotten as the urge to put your feet up grew stronger and stronger as you stripped yourself of the raincoat and boots. Normally you would text and/or call the guys, letting them know that you had arrived at your destination safely but it was was the last thing on your mind at the moment. Throwing your purse on the sofa, you immediately went to change out of your work clothes and into something more comfortable as well as a shower. A very large and comfy sweater soon graced your body along with a pair of very short shorts, just made for lounging around in. The only care that you had was to sit on that sofa and listen to the rain or possibly go to sleep laying there. Either or was a great idea, food would come later. Drying off your hair, you didn't hear the knock on your door at first. It was all a little muffled, due to the towel but as you padded out into the living room, the sound became louder and you curiously went to open the door. Before you could reach it, however, the door suddenly opened revealing Jinki there with a concerned look on his face as he tried to get the key out of the lock. You had almost forgotten that you'd given the guys a key to your place for if they needed a place to say or if one of the other guys was being annoying. A just in case situation.

"Jinki? Well, hello to you too."

His face looked from the door to yours and his face intensified with concern as well as relief. Finally getting the key out of the deathtrap, he shut the door rather forcefully. It was starting to worry you a bit that he hadn't spoken since he arrived, even after he started to remove his coat and shoes at the door. Normally, he would greet you with a wide smile and sometimes a hug but he seemed rather... irritated. This was a side that was rarely seen because of his upbeat nature, normally saved when something upset him or when someone irritated him. You racked your brain trying to figure out if you had done something to him that day but it was just filled with work then getting home. 

"Do you believe in answering your phone or even texting when you get home?"

Your mouth gaped open as you tried to figure out what he was talking about. He huffed and ran his hand through his hair  when it finally hit you. You had clean forgotten to let them know that you were safe and sound when you got there. A spark of indignation did alight at his words though as he faced you, still with the look. You scoffed and crossed your arms at him, a stance that said that you weren't pleased with what he said. Another low rumble of thunder sounded, almost signaling the fight to start. You understood that he meant well but that tone of his voice wasn't needed, at all. 

"I'm sorry I forgot to let you know, master. Jesus..." 

"Do you realize how worried you had me? I'd been calling and texting you for nearly an hour now."

"Jinki, the only thing that was on my mind when I got here was getting out of my wet, rank clothes from work. I'm sorry that I didn't let you know when I got back but damn. I think you need to lay off a little, I don't get angry when you guys don't text me when you guys are in practice or whatever."

He ran his hand over his face in frustration and turned away from you for a moment. You really hadn't seen Jinki like that and wondered if something else was bothering him. At that point, though, you were a little ticked off at his behavoir so you turned away as well, throwing the towel that you had on the sofa. You didn't see him turn around at the sound of the towel hitting the sofa. Suddenly you felt your hand being pulled, stopping you from moving any further. Turning, you saw that he had ahold of you, the irritation still on his face but there was something else on his face as well. 

"I'm sorry. I just... you frustrate me so much! I'd been waiting and waiting for you to call or text! It makes me feel better when you ... talk to me."

The anger that was inside of you because of his attitude started to disappear at his words. You felt sorry that you didn't notify them now, truly sorry for making them worry. You noticed that a drop of water had started to slide down his face, realizing that he must be soaking wet from the rain. You reached up with your free hand and wiped it away with a small smile. He started to blink rapidly at your touch and let go of your other hand, a tinge of pink graced his cheeks. An idea formed and you grabbed up the towel that you threw, tossing it on his head. You reached up and gently started to dry his head, paying attention to where the water had dripped onto his face. His left hand sneaked up to touch your face, cupping it unexpectedly causing you to stop your efforts on his head in suprise. His other hand s its way behind you, pulling you closer to him. Lost in the moment, your hands settled onto his chest as he pulled you in for a soft kiss. 

"Please don't scare me like that again."

You could only nod at his words before he pulled you back in for another kiss, holding you close to him as the anger disappeared all together. You realized why he was so frustrated and irritated at you now. It all made sense now: the looks, the caresses, his need for him to be near you. Your need to be held against him, it all made sense now.