Hair Parting `가르마

PLAY — Little Star

CHAPTER 03

Wow, Give Me My Heart Back


 

BYUN Baekhyun got the girl he adored the most as his girlfriend; what could go wrong?

It's been 3 days since he started the relationship, which is pretty random as he confessed out of the blue and Taeyeon immediately accepted him; and 3 days of not hanging out with Eunji. He felt somehow empty. Usually they'd go to the city afterschool, visiting the cd store, listening to music they both enjoyed, went to karaoke releasing their inner vocalist or just simply hanging out at each other's house, writing songs together.

And three days in a relationship all he did is walking Taeyeon home, went to cafes, watching movies and stuffs which he should enjoyedㅡ instead of missing his routines with Eunji. What's funny is the one who made him do that is Eunji herself, saying that's what a boyfriend would do. At times like that, he wondered if Eunji ever feel lonely. He is, after all her only best friend.

On Monday, Baekhyun went to Eunji's house early and waited for her at the gate. Since he missed the chance of hanging out with her on weekends because Eunji said she's going out with her mother and that he should go on a date with Taeyeon blah blah blah.

He almost can't recognize her. Instead of his long black hair with thick bangs, Eunji now has a colored shoulder length hair, and her fringe is now parted, showing her forehead she always hid.

Baekhyun's heart somehow skipped a beat. But it seems like that change not only mesmerized him, but also some students who's also on their way to school; which annoyed him.

 

You can become a different person just by changing hairstyles, it’s fascinating

Light enters just by opening the curtains, so what’s so amazing about it

 

"Aye aye, what is this? You cut your hair?" he asked as he tried to catch up to her as Eunji left him behind when he's awed by her new look. Baekhyun doesn't get it. Why the sudden change? It makes her stood out, which is fine except for the fact that some guys starts drooling over her new look as they walk into their class together. He looks at her again as she ignored his question. It just...

 

Who are you? I'm confused.

When you pass by, everyone's jaw drop

 

Eunji sits on her seat next to Baekhyun's and flips her hair.

"I look cute, I know! I also noticed some guys are staring, I know!" Eunji laughed conceitedly as Baekhyun cringed. "They're not staring because you look cute, dumb dumb" Baekhyun spat, which he regretted. Eunji glared at him.

"Then why?"

 

Why?

Because you got so pretty, they're all looking. It can't be helped

 

"Why else? Because it doesn't suit you and you look funny!"

With that Eunji smacked his head hard.

 * * *

Walking to the cafeteria with Eunji, Baekhyun steal a glance at her. It annoyed him how she keeps telling him to eat with Taeyeon instead. Like he'd ever leave Eunji alone at lunch. They've been eating lunch together since forever. If he go to Taeyeon now then Eunji will have to eat her meal alone, which is sad.

"What's with the sudden change tho? I thought you love your long hair. You even ignored me when I told you to change your hairstyle," he asks, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. 

 

I told you to cut your hair before

You see, I know you better than you

 

Eunji shrugged as a reply. After a long pause, she chuckled. "I wanna get prettier, so I can get a boyfriend. By then you'll stop clinging on me over the 'reason you gonna be alone~' and actually start hanging out with your girlfriend instead!"

She's laughing but Baekhyun can't find anything funny about it. He can feel his chest tightened for some unknown reasons. 

"You're ridiculous as ever, but fine. If you wanna eat lunch alone that bad then okay"

With that, Baekhyun stomped his feet looking for Taeyeon. He's not usually this sulky, but ever since he got in a relationship, it seems like Eunji distancing herself from him which irked him. All these times, he thought that if he gets to date his favorite girl, he's going to be happy. But what is this? It feels like he's losing Eunji in the process and it really upsets him.

"Noona, let's eat together" Baekhyun flashed his signature grin which made Taeyeon's friends nudged her playfully. 

"Eh? You're not eating with your friend today?"

"Nah. That brat is fine alone" he sighed. Taeyeon can see how his face dropped but she just shrugged it off. 

"Okay, let's eat together then"

As soon as he joined her though, Baekhyun starts looking around until his sight fell on Eunji who sat far from them. She's not alone by the way, as he recognizes Bomi and Chorong from their class with her.

It felt different to look at her from afar like this. It's like he's in a different world from her and he can't stop looking at her, studying her from afar. 

 

You just changed your hair parting but why do I like it so much?

Why are you so pretty?

 

When he saw how Eunji laughed over some joke Bomi threw, his heart felt warm. It's amazing how he never realized how it's so natural for him to be around her.

If he's with her now,

if things are still the same like before,

would he realize how that hairstyle really looks good on her? 

 

You just changed your hair parting 

It come to life

I come to life because of you

 


a/n ahh the joy of having someone enjoying your story is just ... enough to make me write another chapter XD since i tagged baekji it just fair to have a chapter for baekhyun too teehee _<)v and thanks to everyone who subscribed hurhur ily guys mwah

btw this is how eunji looked in this chapter. my fav era of eunji tbh