one

Escape

Sehun lounges lazily on the sofa, curling up around a pillow cushion, his eyes heavy with sleep. His eyelids flutter softly, gazing on the flickering lights of the TV in front of him for seconds at a time before drifting into darkness. His breath was light as he dozed off into micro naps, waiting for Luhan to return. Just as he was falling into sleep (again), the faint murmurs of the neglected TV program were interrupted by a loud clattering of metal on metal. Sehun's eyes shot open from the surprising noise, yawning as he sat up to the familiar sounds, looking over the couch towards the doorway. His eyes caught the doorknob twisting, the door pushing open, followed by the sweet voice he'd been waiting to hear all night long.

"Sehun, I'm home!" Luhan calls out, carrying a brown paper bag close to his chest.

"I'm in here," Sehun responds, proceeding to stretch his arms straight to the sky, trying to shake off the tiredness.

"You're still awake?" Luhan asks as he set the bag down on the table, a hint of concern in his voice. "It's late, Sehunnie. You should be asleep." 

"I know," Sehun replies. "What's in the bag?"

"Just a few items I picked up after work. We're running out of food."

Luhan approaches him, and Sehun scoots over to the corner of the couch to make room. As he walked over, he bent down to kiss Sehun's head before taking the spot next to him and his hair lovingly.

"So why are you still up, Sehun?"

"I couldn't sleep without you," Sehun pouts. "The bed is too big for just me."

Luhan smiles softly at Sehun, reaching his hand toward him and pulling him by the neck, guiding Sehun's head to his warm chest. "Aish, come here! You're so hopeless," Luhan teased, gently ruffling his hair.

"Luhannie!" Sehun whines, burying his face into Luhan's chest, his voice muffled by the fabric of Luhan's sweater. "I missed you."

Luhan kisses the top of Sehun's head once more, confessing "I missed you too" before cuddling him close. In Luhan's arms, Sehun passes out in no time, his eyes sealed tight, with no intentions of opening any time soon. Luhan continued to Sehun's hair slowly, running his fingers through his boyfriend's soft blond hair. The number of minutes that passed surpassed more than Luhan cared to count, but as far as he was concerned, time simply stopped for as long as he held his perfect Sehun in his arms, adoring his quiet, sleeping face. He soon followed suit, slipping into slumber while still holding Sehun, not even bothering to move the two of them into the bedroom.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sehun awoke to a light wind on his face, blowing in from the sunny window. The soft breeze rustles the curtains that hang loosely at the sides, failing to block the harsh light that beams down on the sleepy Sehun. He sat straight up, noticing that the TV was still on from the night before. The channel had been changed though from his usual cartoon hub to boring grown up news. Sehun scoffs because he sometimes hated how mature Luhan was in comparison to himself. Luhan was the type to sit at the table in the mornings, quietly sipping steaming coffee with one hand, the other holding the daily newspaper, folded neatly into quarters for easy reading. Contrarily, Sehun sits next to Luhan in the mornings, fiddling with his cereal, clumsily allowing drops of milk to litter the area around him while studying the back of the cereal box. Luhan never seems to mind though, only punishing the younger boy by bopping him on the head with his newspaper and reminding him to clean up afterwards.

Wiping the drool from his cheek, Sehun places the pillow back in its rightful place on the couch, turning it around so that the drool covered side was hidden. Not that it was a big deal, but he hoped that Luhan wouldn't notice. Rising from the couch, Sehun pads over to the kitchen, following a deliciously tantalizing smell that tease his senses, being lured to the source.

"Lu?" Sehun called out quietly. When he poked his head through the kitchen entrance, he was surprised to find it empty. However the plate of bacon on the counter easily distracted him. He shuffles over excitedly, reaching for the biggest, juiciest piece. As his fingers pinch around his target, the hot oil seeps into his fingertips, catching him off guard. "Ah!" Sehun curses as he retracts his hand faster than the speed of light. "Ow ow ow," he whines.

"Sehun!" Luhan enters the kitchen, watching his beloved Sehun suffer the consequences of his own idiocy. This was nothing new to Luhan. "Sehun, why did you touch that? It's hot!"

"Thanks babe, I think I got that."

"Ah Sehun, you really are hopeless."

"I'm not! You always say that!" Sehun pouts at Luhan's apparently frequent accusation.

"Okay baby, I'm sorry," Luhan smiles at Sehun and walked up to him, taking his hurt hand into his own, and kissing his hurt finger. Sehun couldn't help but crack a grin at his boyfriend's cuteness, the pain of the burn fading away with the touch of Luhan's lips.

"Can I help you?" Sehun asks sincerely.

"Of course," Luhan replies. He hands Sehun some eggs to cook to complete their breakfast while he prepares the table. A few minutes later, Sehun returns with slightly burnt scrambled eggs, not yet removed from the pan. Looking up, he saw Luhan clamp his mouth shut, though his words were expressed through his gaze.

"Not hopeless!" Sehun refutes, his cheeks tinted with a shade of light pink. Ignoring it, he proceeded to plate the (in his opinion, if he might add) perfectly fine eggs and returned the pan to the sink for later cleaning.

"Eat well Sehunnie!" Luhan cheers, pinching his boyfriend's blushing cheek then digging into his own meal, stuffing his mouth with scrambled eggs and bacon all at once. Sehun's eyes curve into little eye smiles as he watches Luhan eat happily, even if the eggs weren't exactly to his liking. The two boys were quite hungry as the only noises that filled the room were the clanking and scratching of silverware on plates and the murmurs of voices emanating from the TV in the living room. The seriousness of the news reporter's tone caused Luhan's ears to perk up, drawing his eyes to the screen as well. He curiously left the table and gravitated to the TV to learn what the commotion was all about.

"Lu?" Sehun called out after Luhan, who seemed mesmerized by the news report. Sehun found Luhan's behavior relatively unusual. He watched the news every morning, mostly letting it play in the background while he absorbed the headlines, rather than listening to the details. The fact that Luhan intently focused on the news reporter was enough to make Sehun wander over to the living room to join him.

"It's worse than I thought..." Luhan mutters under his breath, the sounds barely reaching Sehun's ears.

"What's wrong...?" Sehun asks cautiously.

Luhan's brow creased, heavy with worry before responding, "We need to get out of here."

 

 

//Ahah sorry this chapter is short, the rest won't be