Heartbreaker Or Heartmender

Heartbreaker or Heartmender

Enjoy :-D


Sungjong shifted uncomfortably in his bus seat. Having the window seat, he could attempt to ignore the older man sitting in the aisle seat beside him, but that was proving incredibly hard. Through the window’s reflection he can see the man ogling his short-clad thighs. It wasn’t his fault today was laundry day and these shorts were the only thing left that wouldn’t make him sweat in the summer heat. The scenery was passing by but the man’s eyes strayed to Sungjong thighs, where the material was beginning to role up because of the constant bumps the bus drove over. 

 

Sungjong nearly jumped out of his skin when jean material rubbed against his leg. He looked at the man to see a creepy smile on his face. Sungjong’s eyes were drawn to the man’s hand for a split second where a wedding ring encircled his ring finger. Ok, how about no. So much no. Before Sungjong could scream at the top of his lungs, hoping someone would mistake him for a girl and protect the innocent girl from the old ert, the bus slowed to a stop. With a grimace, the man stood up, collecting his coat and briefcase. For extra measure, Sungjong flashed him the finger when he stepped away. The door behind Sungjong, the door at the middle of the bus, opened and the old man stepped out, being the only one in this full bus to do so.

 

Before the bus could pull away completely, it jerked to a stop as a young man stepped in front of the door. When the door opened, Sungjong and everyone else on the bus could hear the shouting match he was having with another man a few feet away from the bus.

 

“Yeah! Well you too!” He shouted, boarding the bus and not hearing anything else the other had to shout back. The bus pulled away as the man patted his pockets, searching for change and checking with the driver for what the price is. He probably didn't travel by bus if he didn't know the charge. When he found some, he turned to the silent bus goers, glaring as if challenging anyone to say something. Sungjong could feel himself gulp before his eyes travelled down to the empty seat next to him, the only empty seat. That fact didn’t escape the standing man as he stormed closer to the seat. Sungjong nonchalantly scooted himself closer to the window and craned his head to only stare out the window. 

 

Sungjong desperately wanted to mind his own business and ignore his seat mate, but a small sniffling sound made Sungjong’s head spin. The scary guy was crying! What was he suppose to do?! Tilted his head ever-so-slightly, Sungjong gaped at the single tear that was falling down the, surprisingly handsome, man’s face. Sungjong bit his lip and cautiously dug his hand into his bag he had crushed against the wall. As quietly as possible he fished out a small, portable bag of tissues. Opening it, he took one out and with a shaking hand, held it beside the stranger’s face, hoping his peripheral vision would spot it. 

 

Glancing at the tissues, the man quickly snatched it and wiped his eyes and nose with it, trying his best to hide his face as close to his knees as possible. With his hand still in the air, Sungjong awkwardly patted the stranger’s back, an uncomfortable look on his face. The stranger breathed in deeply before straightening his back and tucking the used tissue in his pocket, gross.

 

“I..uh um…are you okay?” Sungjong whispered while stuttering, wanting to slap himself for sounding so uncertain. The stranger eyed Sungjong, causing the pretty boy to shift in his seat. Sungjong was surprised to see such deep brown eyes, they almost look black. His black hair looked both styled and messy, making him all the more handsomer. But his red ringed eyes told a different story.    

 

“Ugh, yeah. Thank you.”. His voice was rough and husky, probably from wanting to cry. Sungjong smiled at him awkwardly. Since when was it his place to comfort crying people he didn’t even know?

 

“Do you…uhh…need anything?”. Sungjong internally cringed. He didn’t even know this guy.

 

“No. I just need to get as far away from him as possible.”. Sungjong had a good idea of who “him” is. Looking at the pretty boy’s face, the stranger found slight curiosity. “He is…was my boyfriend. Bad breakup.” the man summed up. Sungjong nodded in understanding. Sungjong’s had his fair share of break ups, a lot ending in heartache. Feeling brave, Sungjong stared into the other’s eyes.

 

“When I have bad break-ups, I go to this cafe and drown the pain with cake and lattes and mochas. It’s a few stops ahead.” Sungjong spoke the idea. The man peered around Sungjong to look out the window, a look of apprehension on his face, but looking at Sungjong’s face again, he slowly nodded. A brilliant smile spread across Sungjong face as he brain clapped at him for doing a good deed.

 

“My name’s Lee Sungjong by the way.” Sungjong quickly added, hoping to get on good terms.

 

“Kim Myungsoo.” The man, Myungsoo, muttered softly, turning away to hide his reddening cheeks that Sungjong assumed where from the salty tears running down his cheeks earlier. Sungjong smiled contently, keeping an eye on the scenery. When their stop neared, he pulled the cord that signalled a stop request.

 

“This is the stop.” Sungjong spoke, readying himself to stand. Myungsoo’s face looked uncomfortable but he nodded. Both stood when the bus stopped and Sungjong hoped off the bus on to the sidewalk while Myungsoo calmly stepped down. Sungjong pointed to a cozy looking cafe a few feet away from the bus stop and Myungsoo wasted no time bursting into tears.

 

Sungjong panicked as Myungsoo was full on wailing on the sidewalk, his face in his hands. ! Had he done something wrong? Sungjong did not know how to deal with this.

 

“I-I’m sorry! Is something the matter?”. The man’s crying lowered to sobs and hiccups but his eyes leaked tear like a bad roof leaking water into a house and his nose was running. Wasting no time, Sungjong tore threw his bag, his hand pushing all of his stuff around. After 10 seconds, Sungjong gave up and dumped his bag upside down. The sidewalk was littered with two different packs of gum, a few tubes of lip balm, receipts he should have thrown out last week, a shopping list from last month, his wallet, a letter has was suppose to mail today, and lastly the pack of tissues. Sungjong praised himself for putting his phone in his pocket instead of his bag this morning and keeping it from smashing against the uncaring concrete. Bending his knees and crouching, Sungjong scooped up the tissues and tore out four or five of them and handed them to the still crying man.

 

Shoving everything back inside the bag, it is not a purse it’s a satchel, Sungjong heard Myungsoo harshly blow his nose. Standing back up, Sungjong eyed his favourite cafe for a reason as to why Myungsoo would cry.

 

“We…use to come here a lot on d-dates.” Myungsoo stuttered, memories of bringing Sungyeol to that very cafe for lunches and snacks flooded his mind as the tears flooded his eyes once again. Prepared with tissues in hand, Sungjong handed over the whole bag of them for Myungsoo to use at his discretion. 

 

Sungjong cursed under his breath. He wasn’t evil enough to bring the crying man into that cafe just enjoy some of his favourite snacks. Scanning the street for any ideas, he spotted another cafe just across the street. Not giving himself time to second guess himself, Sungjong grabbed Myungsoo’s arms and quickly crossed the street, via cross walk of course.

 

A bell dinged as they entered and a spicy and sweet mixture filled Sungjong nose. It smelt great. A man in black pants, white shirt and black half apron approached them.

 

“Welcome to the Pumpkin Spice Cafe. I’m Hoya. When you’re ready to order, just come up to the counter.”. Hoya gave Sungjong a wink before handing over two menus. Sungjong smiled awkwardly, but lead himself and Myungsoo through the cozy seating area. They chose a small table with two comfortable chairs, away from the window so Myungsoo wouldn’t have to look at the cafe across the street. The silence was so awkward Sungjong could feel his stomach churning. Glancing down at the menu, Sungjong scammed over the array of confections and drinks.

 

“So…see anything you’d like to try? There’s chocolate coffee cake.” Sungjong offered, trying to bridge the river of awkwardness between them. With a hiccup, Myungsoo brought a tissue to his eyes and furiously wiped.

 

“S-Sungyeol likes c-coffee.”. Sungjong leaned away from the table slightly. Every little thing he did set this guy off. Sungjong had a pretty good idea of who Sungyeol is. 

 

“O-Okay. No coffee.”- another wail bubbles out of Myungsoo’s throat-“How about vanilla swirl cake with butter cream frosting? Add a scoop of ice cream for a dollar?”. Myungsoo nodded at the blatant bribing. There was not a hint of anything but defeat in Myungsoo’s eyes. Better make that two scoops of ice cream. Looking through for his own snack to order, Sungjong selected the Chocolate chunk muffin and a hot chocolate with a shot of mocha and whipped cream. 

 

Walking to the register, Sungjong realized Myungsoo didn’t pick out a drink. You can’t eat cake without something to wash it down. Maybe a plain hot chocolate. Who doesn’t like hot chocolate. Sungjong was so lost in thought, he didn’t notice Hoya staring at him across the counter until he heard a chuckle escape the more muscular man. Feeling embarrassed, Sungjong looked anywhere but at Hoya, which caused the other to smile.

 

“S-Sorry.” Sungjong apologized.

 

“It’s alright. Are you and your boyfriend ready to order or would you like some recommendations since you haven’t been in Pumpkin Spice before?” Hoya grinned but there was a hint of gruffness when he said boyfriend.

 

“H-He’s not my boyfriend. I actually just met him, b-but not in a weird way as if I picked him up or want to be his boyfriend…not that I don’t think he’d be a good boyfriend, I just know next to nothing about him and he just broke up with someone and and and…I’m single.”. Sungjong wanted a hole to open up and swallow him. He knew he was acting like an idiot but he couldn’t shut his mouth. With a sigh and drooped shoulders Sungjong rubbed his forehead before giving Hoya is order while Hoya looked like he was trying to hold back from laughing.

 

“I’ll bring it to your table when the drinks are done.” Hoya smiled, already fishing the desserts out of the display case. As Sungjong approached their table, he cringed while watching Myungsoo staring out the window at the cafe across the street. Rolling his shoulders, Sungjong did his best to mentally prepare himself.

 

“So tell me about yourself. What do you do for a living?” Sungjong questioned as he returned to his seat. Myungsoo looked down at his lap with a far off look in his eyes.

 

“I’m a photographer. Professional.” Myungsoo whispered. At least now they could get somewhere.

 

“I bet you get to go to a lot of interesting places.”. Myungsoo nodded.

 

“I’ve been to Tokyo. Berlin once. Even Paris a few times.”. A small smile tugged at Myungsoo’s lips and Sungjong knew he was reliving good memories. Sungjong smiled. A plated appeared in front of Sungjong with a muffin on it, making him turn to the waiter who was delivering their order. 

 

“Thank you.”. Hoya smiled down at Sungjong, placing down Myungsoo’s order without even looking at him. When a second drink was placed next to his hot chocolate, Sungjong stared at the waiter in confusion. 

 

“Sorry, but I only ordered two drinks.”. Thinking the waiter made a mistake, Sungjong eyed the cup. Hoya shook his head.

 

“It’s a pumpkin spiced latte. Special in-house drink you won’t find as good anywhere else. It’s on the house for our newest customer.” Hoya winked before walking away. It did smell awfully good. Sungjong jumped lightly when Myungsoo spoke up.

 

“He only brought one, for you. Why didn’t I get one?”. Sungjong could help but laugh at the pout Myungsoo was sporting.

 

“How about we share it?” Sungjong offered, placing the cup in between both of them. “Now then. A photographer? Does that include pictures of people?”. Myungsoo nodded.

 

“I work mostly with models.” Myungsoo’s eyes widen and Sungjong feels the urge to take cover under the table. “S-Sungyeol’s a model. Th-that’s how we m-met.”. And Myungsoo’s crying again, holding his face in his hands. His sobs slowly fill the room and the few costumers turn to look at the crying man. With his ears turning red, Sungjong grabs Myungsoo’s spoon, fills it with equal part ice-cream, equal part cake.

 

“Hey, Myungsoo?”. When Myungsoo lifts his head, Sungjong quickly shoves the spoon in his mouth, letting go of the utensil so Myungsoo can decide what he wants to do. A bit shocked, Myungsoo stares at Sungjong dumbly with the spoon hanging out of his mouth but he swallows the delicious mixture in his mouth. Pulling the spoon out, Myungsoo sets to work eating the cake on his plate. Sungjong smiles to himself and starts on his own muffin.

 

By the time they’re done, Myungsoo has calmed down considerably, even flashing Sungjong shy smiles.

 

“I’m sorry for breaking down in front of you. It’s just…Sungyeol and I had been together for a few years, four.”.

 

“Its alright. I’m glad I could help you. And we found this great cafe.” Sungjong smiled, finishing off the last of the latte they had shared. Myungsoo nodded but his gaze strayed to the waiter who hardly took his eyes off Sungjong.

 

“We only talked about me. What do you do?” Myungsoo questioned.

 

“I’m in college, working on a degree in filmography. When I’m not on campus, I’m working at a bookstore close to my apartment.”. Myungsoo chuckled, they both work with cameras. 

 

“Are you okay now?” Sungjong asked, making the atmosphere serious.

 

“I am, thanks to you, Sungjong. You really are an incredible person to help out a complete stranger.”. Sungjong shook his head at the compliment.

 

“No deserves to go through a bad break up alone. When I don’t have a friend with me after one, especially a relationship that really hurts to end, I eat a whole bucket of ice cream and feel crappy the next day.”.

 

“Why would some one break up with you? You’re like an angel.”. Sungjong blushed but waved it off.

 

“As a few of my ex’s say, ‘I don’t put out enough’. I have to admit, I’ve dated a bunch of single minded s I wish I never met. But that’s life, I’ve learned from the pain and know what to look for in a possible boyfriend.”. Myungsoo felt his stomach flip at the pretty man’s smile.

 

“You deserve the best.”. Sungjong almost didn’t hear what Myungsoo muttered, but it made his cheeks redden. It was almost a God-sent when Sungjong felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, giving him a reason to look away from Myungsoo. Unlocking the device, Sungjong found a message from his roommate, saying he won’t be there for the night as he was spending it with his own boyfriend. Sending an acknowledgement, Sungjong put his phone away after checking the time. It was already passed 5pm. The letter in his bag would have to be sent, at least until tomorrow.

 

“Sorry if I kept you from any plans you had today.”. Myungsoo dipped his head but Sungjong quickly waved his hands in front of him.

 

“I was only going to the post office to mail something to my parents. I can just do it tomorrow.”. Myungsoo slowly nodded, but didn’t look Sungjong in the eyes. By then, Hoya came over to clear their table, as if he were trying to disturb the two. Hoya ignored the glare Myungsoo was sending him, and focused on Sungjong.

 

“Would you like anything else?”. Sungjong shook his head.

 

“I think we’re good. We’ll leave now instead of loitering longer.”. Sungjong stood from the table, watching Myungsoo do the same. Quickly putting the dirty dishes back on the table, Hoya grabbed for Sungjong’s hand while digging through his pocket. He pulled out a piece of paper and folded Sungjong’s fingers over it.

“I’d like to talk to you, so call me whenever.” Hoya winked at the blushing man. Irritated, Myungsoo grabbed Sungjong’s elbow and pulled him out of the cafe. He was not jealous. Not at all. He had only just met the pretty man AFTER breaking off his longest going relationship. He was just craving affection. That’s it. He still wanted to punch Hoya’s stupid face though.

 

With the door closed behind them, Myungsoo released Sungjong’s arm but stayed near him, eyeing the piece of paper angrily.

 

“Are you going to call him?” Myungsoo asked harshly, which made Sungjong look at him oddly.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe. He did put the effort in to give me his number.” Sungjong reasoned. He couldn’t not hear the jealous tone in Myungsoo’s voice. Did that mean Myungsoo was jealous of Hoya? Its not like Sungjong could go out with Myungsoo, he just broke up with his boyfriend hours ago for crying out loud. Sungjong refused to date someone on the rebound when they were probably looking for the closest thing to fill the void the break up left.

 

“I don’t like him. He could be like your other boyfriends and try something with you.”. That stung.

 

“Myungsoo, that hurts. You make it sound like I can’t handle things on my own. And you don’t even know Hoya to make that judgement. I know Sungyeol hurt you, but you shouldn’t try to hurt others because of it.” Sungjong scolded, a pained look on his face. Myungsoo rubbed his face.

 

“That’s not what I meant, Sungjong. I just don’t want you to get hurt by him.”.

 

“You don’t even know me.” Sungjong muttered. That made Myungsoo’s head snap up.

 

“Give me your number so we can get to know each other. Be friends.”. Myungsoo added the last bit as an after thought. He didn’t want Sungjong to think he was only after one thing with getting to know the pretty man. He truly wanted to be friends and Sungjong is interesting to talk with. 

 

Looking into the other’s eyes for a moment, Sungjong sighed before handing Myungsoo his phone, the contacts page opened. Myungsoo quickly typed his number in and saved it and sent a quick text to his own phone. With a smile, Myungsoo handed the phone back. Oddly, Myungsoo felt content having the number saved.

 

“Thanks for taking care of me, Sungjong. I hope we can meet on friendly terms again soon.” Myungsoo spoke sweetly before turning to walk down the street.

 

“Y-Yeah.” Sungjong spoke quietly, not sure if the other even heard him. Sungjong didn’t see the smile spread across Sungjong’s face.

 

Taking the bus back to the stop close to his apartment, Sungjong held his phone in one hand and the paper with Hoya’s number on it in the other. Both felt like a piece of lead in his hands. What was he suppose to do? 

 

That is how Sungjong’s roommate, Woohyun, found Sungjong the next morning after coming home from a night with his boyfriend, Sunggyu. Sungjong was sitting on the couch, a piece of paper and his cell phone on the coffee table, staring at them as if they would disappear if he looked away. And so he forced Sungjong to tell him what happened or else he wouldn’t cook for a week. Words spilt out of Sungjong’s mouth at a rapid pace but Woohyun was able to understand it all. Drumming his fingers against his chin, Woohyun blinked a few times.

 

“So, what you’re saying is that you don’t know if you sound go out with the guy who slipped you his number when he could just be a heartbreak waiting to happen, or go out with the rebound guy who could you use you as something to fill the void his ex left. How about neither? You won’t get hurt.”.

 

“But that’s not fair to either of them. One of them needs to be given a chance.” Sungjong sighed. He wanted ice cream. “I’ve been thinking about this at least half the night.”.

 

“Hmmm. Well, you’ve spent some time talking with Myungsoo yesterday, while not having spent any with Hoya. How about giving Hoya a call to talk with him and if something happens from there, let it.” Woohyun reasoned. Sungjong rubbed his forehead. That sounded like a good idea. Mind set, Sungjong reached for both his phone and the paper and carefully punched the number in as Woohyun stepped away to take a shower.

 

Turns out Hoya is a great talker. What Sungjong told himself would a ten minute call to test the waters, turned into an hour long talk session. Hoya knew how to entertain Sungjong, had him giggling and smiling and flirting back. A simple phone call turned into making plans to meet at a nearby park for a walk. Slipping on his shoes to leave the apartment, Sungjong felt his phone vibrate again. Expecting it to be Hoya, Sungjong grimaced when Myungsoo’s name popped up.

 

He wanted to know if Sungjong was free. Sungjong didn’t want to lie. He told Myungsoo he was meeting with Hoya and there was no reply. Guilt ate at Sungjong all the way to the park. Why was he feeling like this? It’s not like he could cheat on Myungsoo if they weren’t even dating.

 

Hoya lead them through the park, sensing Sungjong’s mood, he took every opportunity to make the younger smile. Even going so far as to pick a flower and tuck it between Sungjong’s ear and hair. Sungjong could feel his heart flutter at the act and it felt nice. Maybe this time, he had met the right person.

 

He and Myungsoo would text frequently, like friends. Usually about the most random thing. Favourite foods. Favourite singers, Favourite colour. It was like Myungsoo had lost any romantic feeling for Sungjong the younger felt the older had and was truly trying to become friends. It made Sungjong smile. He had made a new friend and met another he could be with romantically. This is what he wanted…. Then why would he heart skip a beat when Myungsoo would text him?

 

Their first kiss was a week later, in the same park, under a tree blocking out the Sun. It had just happened. Sungjong had turned to Hoya the same time the older had turned to him and then their lips were touching and Sungjong felt fireworks go off. His heart beat full of love. He was happy. He was content. That’s all he ever wanted. But why did it feel like something was missing?

 

A month later and he and Myungsoo were still texting each other, currently comparing favourite movies, when a call from Hoya interrupted them.

 

“Sungjong? How about a date tonight?” Hoya asked. Sungjong nodded happily, before berating himself for doing that instead of speaking.

 

“Yeah, sure. When and where?”.

 

“Swing by the cafe around 6, I’ll get off shift and we can go out to dinner. How does that sound?”.

 

“That sounds perfect. I’ll see you then.”. Sungjong hung up and quickly raced to his bedroom to pick out his outfit for later. It was only 4pm, but by the time Sungjong showered and got dressed and got to the cafe, it would be about 5pm. He could wait there an hour and just be near Hoya. Sungjong smiled at the idea and walked into the bathroom. Dressed in jeans and a simple, pale blue, button up shirt, Sungjong slipped on his shoes and waited at the bus stop. The ride passed by quickly as Sungjong could barely contain his excitement about surprising his boyfriend at work.

 

Pumpkin Spice looked fairly busy through the window as Sungjong passed by it to get to the door. Glancing around through the mirror, Sungjong paused when he caught sight of Hoya through the glass. Pushing the door open, Sungjong stepped into the sweet smelling cafe. Looking at the spot he had spotted Hoya, Sungjong noticed he was gone. Scrunching his eyebrows together, Sungjong scanned the area. It wasn’t that big of a building Maybe Hoya had stepped into the kitchen. Walking around tables, Sungjong looked for any sign go Hoya.

 

Spotting a familiar head of blonde hair, Sungjong walked towards the swinging kitchen doors. Maybe he can catch Hoya’s attention. A smile filled Sungjong’s face but quickly fell. Hoya was hugging someone. Sungjong isn’t the type to get jealous over something that could be a misunderstanding. But this hug…was intimate. Hoya and the stranger were in a corner between the kitchen and the door, but at an angle they could be seen whenever the door swung. Hoya had his nose against the other’s neck, pecking the skin with kisses as the other blushed.

 

It was like a cold, heavy stone had been dropped into his stomach. Nearing the door but keeping out of their sight, Sungjong’s could hear his heart beat in his ears. Separated only by the door, Sungjong could hear whispers being exchanged between the two.

 

“Isn’t your boyfriend showing up soon?”.

 

“Not for another hour. Just let me hold you for the rest of my break, Dongwoo.” Hoya breathed.

 

“You know, if you really love me, you’ll stop seeing me one the side while you have a boyfriend. You make me feel guilty over that poor boy.” the other, Dongwoo, whispered back.

 

“If it’ll make you feel better. I guess I can break up with him tonight after dinner.” Hoya reasoned. How could he say something like that as if he were simply talking about the weather. Had Sungjong really meant that little to him? A sob built up in Sungjong throat but he held it back. Sungjong backed into an empty table, grabbing for something, anything. Clutching a glass mug, Sungjong threw it at the doors as hard as he could. The cup shattered and the cafe went silent. The two slowly peaked out through the door and Hoya’s eyes widened and the angry Sungjong.

 

“Sungjong. I-.”.

 

“Shut up! Did I mean so little to you? I loved you. You had my heart. All of it, and I thought I had yours?”. Hoya approached the shivering man, attempting to pull Sungjong into his arms.

 

“Don’t touch me…ever again. I’m through with you!”. Sungjong tried to walk out of the cafe but Hoya grabbed his arm.

 

“Hold on, Sungjong. At least let me explain.” Hoya tried but Sungjong ripped his arm away.

 

“ you!” Sungjong screamed before running out the door, a sense of de ja vu washing over him. Sungjong didn’t feel right comparing himself to Myungsoo, as the other had been in his relationship for four years. He and Hoya had only been together for a month. But it still hurt so much. Sungjong ran home instead of waiting for the next bus. He had to stop before he even got close to his home because his chest hurt so much, like a knife had been run through his ribs. He sat at a nearby bench and just breathed. His phone hadn’t stopped vibrating since he left the cafe but he had ignored it. Finally reaching to his pocket, he say a large number of texts and missed calls from Hoya. Completely ignoring those, Sungjong deleted and blocked Hoya’s number from his phone. The number that took Hoya’s place as the next number in line was Myungsoo’s. His heart pounded harder as he called the number and pressed the phone against his ear. It rang twice.

 

“Sungjong? Hi. What’s up.” Myungsoo sounded so warm and calm right now.

 

“M-Myungsoo.” Sungjong sniffled. Myungsoo was quiet for a few seconds, the sound of Sungjong crying worried him.

 

“Sungjong, are you alright? Where are you? I’ll come pick you up.”. Sungjong shook his head. How could Myungsoo worry about him after how Sungjong had treated him? It was starting to get dark out. How long had Sungjong been on this bench?

 

“I-I don’t know.” Sungjong stuttered, tears falling down his face. With his vision blurred, Sungjong couldn’t read any of the street signs.

 

“Just hold on, I’ll trace your phone and be there in a few minutes.”. There was silence on the other end, making Sungjong think that Myungsoo had hung up on him. “Okay, I’ve got it. I’ll be there in a few minutes.”. There was the sound of a car starting in the background and screeching tires. One minute passed. The two. Then three. Then four. Then ten. Then fifteen. Sungjong folded his knees up and tucked his face against his knees. Myungsoo wasn’t coming. Sungjong breathed out shakily and gulped. His head was starting to hurt.

 

“Hey. Are you okay?” Myungsoo spoke softly, making Sungjong jump. A car was parked a few feet from Sungjong in a way that looked illegal but Myungsoo was here, holding his hand out for Sungjong. Tears flowed down Sungjong cheeks as he jumped into the other’s arms. Myungsoo’s arms quickly wound around his waist and held him close.

 

“I should have listened to you. Hoya was cheating on me.” Sungjong cried against Myungsoo’s chest. Myungsoo gently patted Sungjong’s back.

 

“I’m sorry I make you feel like that. You shouldn’t listen to anyone but yourself. I was just jealous and confused.” Myungsoo admitted, leading Sungjong towards his car. Opening the passenger door, Myungsoo carefully helped Sungjong into the seat and buckled him in. After closing the door, Myungsoo went to the driver’s side and got in. The streets passed by in a blur that Sungjong didn’t care about seeing clearly. The one he had wanted to see had found him. The one he wanted. Sungjong turned towards Myungsoo and watched him drive, his face shaded under the night sky.

 

Once they were parked outside Sungjong’s apartment complex after Sungjong had given directions, Sungjong didn’t want to leave the car. Neither broke the silence as it would mean a goodbye that wasn’t wanted.

 

“Myungsoo, I’m not asking this as a person on the rebound, but, can you give me a second chance?” Sungjong whispered. Myungsoo turned his head towards Sungjong and the same feelings he had felt a month ago returned in full force. He had never truly gotten over Sungjong, his kindness, his honesty and his brilliant smile.

 

“How can I give you a second chance when there wasn’t even a first?” Myungsoo questioned out loud, a smile on his face. Sungjong didn’t know he could smile, laugh, and cry at the same time. There’s always a first for everything.


I don't know how it turned out. It's off the top of my head and I feel satisfied with it.

Have a good day or night :-D