Monday

Fading for Love

Monday

 

“I can’t believe I’ll be late on my first day of school!”

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. It was not like he had planned for his alarm to take the day off and not ring. Now he had to run so he could get to school 5 minutes after the bell if he was lucky.

Thankfully he made it shortly after the first ring.

“Sorry, I’m late! Did you wait long?” He asks, as soon as he got to his friend, Sally. She was in his grade and they knew each other ever since the first day of the elementary. They always got each other’s back, at least he did, she was an easy going person, too much in Tao’s opinion. You could make her do anything just by using the right words. So Tao’s job was to be the conscience of the relationship.

“Don’t worry, I just feel a little nervous going in by myself.” She gives him her typical good humored smile.

“Yeah, this place is a lot bigger than our old school.” Tao nods, looking behind his friend to the big building standing there.

“I know right?! It’s HUGE! I wonder how we can memorize all of the classrooms.” She says excited “How can the teachers keep track of everyone?”

“Oh, we manage.” A deep voice says beside them. Jumping in surprise, both slowly turn to the old teacher standing there. “You two, the homeroom will be starting soon. You’d better don’t be late on your first day.” He says calmly and turning around, walking away. Anyone could clearly see that he wasn’t kidding.

“Yes sir!” They both say in unison. “C’mon.” Tao whispers quickly making their way to the classroom.

 

-⌛-

 

“… and that is why, if you all do your best to be calm, considerate, serious students… you will have a very happy, safe high school life.”  The homeroom teacher had been talking since the beginning of the class, about 40 minutes ago. Most of the students were not paying any attention to what he was saying. “Ok, that’s the end. It’s time for the Welcoming Ceremony so please make your way calmly and slowly to the gym. Don’t push or run!” he says and the bell sign the end of the class “And remember, don’t go to the old part of the school!!” he tries to scream over the bell noise.

“ZITAO!!” Looking around, Zitao finds Sally trying to make her way to him through the other students. “I found you!” She exclaims excited “This school is so big that I thought I would never see you again! Can you believe they put us on different homerooms? How dumb is that? And the teacher gave us this weird speech about safety in school and there was no one to distract me.” She says bored, rolling her eyes.

“Wow, you too? I think we got the same talk. My homeroom teacher must have said “safety” eighteen or more times.” Zitao says starting to walk in direction of the gym. Or so he hopped since he was following the crowd.

Sally walked beside him “Really? What’s the big deal? Do they think that the First Years are so dumb? We are sixteen, not five! We manage to get this far without killing ourselves or others!” She continues to whine in an annoyed voice.

“Oh, but that’s the problem you see.” A sudden voice, makes them turn around in their heels. “Sorry but I couldn’t help but overhear you guys.” He shrugs like it was nothing before continuing. It was a junior “I don’t mean to be rude and barge into your conversation, but as I was saying, the reason why all the teachers are crazy about safety in school, it’s because they are terrified of any other students dying in an accident.”

“Really? But that seems so paranoid-“

“Wait, did you say ‘any other students’?” Zitao quickly asks. Newly pranks this early? It was only their first hours in the school.

“What? Did anyone die in this school? What happened?” Sally curiosity appeared. She couldn’t understand that the Junior was trying to fool them.

“C’mon Sally, we are going to be late for the ceremony.”

“Wait, Zitao. Who cares about that now? This is super-“

“Your friend is right.”  Well thank you. Thinks Zitao as soon as the junior talks “Maybe we’ll get the chance to speak more later.” Turning around, he walks away from them.

“Ugh! I hate narrowly-missed gossip. And that one in special seemed juicy!” Sally says even more annoyed than before.

Laughing, Zitao pulls her by her sleeve “C’mon gossip girl, we’re late again.”

 

-⌛-

 

“Lunch time~” Zitao sings as soon as he sits at the table in the cafeteria. Sally hasn’t appeared yet so he thought about getting a table and start to eat ‘because she wouldn’t wait for him if it was the other way around.

Only one bite on his sandwich after and a typhoon named Sally storms into the room. “Zitao!” He has a feeling that by now everyone in this school knows his name “I have something to tell you!~” She happily sits in front of him, a huge smile on her face. Oh-oh… 

“What is it?” he raises a brow.

“I’m in love!” She makes an exaggerated move with her arms “And you will never guess with who” she points at him.

“The creepy junior we saw on the first break?” he smirks when he hears her groan.

“Well, yeah! But he is so cute and charming and his voice is so nhhgghghgh. I couldn’t help myself you know? I’m thinking a May wedding might be the best, with all that cherry blossom trees. Just perfect.”

He sighs as soon as she starts to day dream. She really should try to stop liking the first guy that talks to her. It’s just stupid.

“Oh, I must have missed the proposal. But then, the hallway was very busy it was hard to hear.” He teases a little.

“Just so you know we talked after that!”

“Then it was then that it happened!” he hits his forehead “I’m sorry.”

“No!! STOP!” She shouts blushing “He didn’t do that! But he did tell me more about this school.”

“Oh boy!” He whispers, preparing himself for the silliness he was about to hear.

“Like, did you know that there was actually a death? A First Year student just like us and it was last year!” She says excited.

“Really? What happened?” He frowns. It was a bad thing to play with death, but at the same time, it was way too bad to be true.

“That’s the thing, no one knows! The teachers and the school don’t tell anything to anyone. They covered it up as much as possible. It’s like a CIA secret!” She claps her hands together “But obviously, there are a lot of rumors about what may have happened. Like one says that this guy was hanging out somewhere he shouldn’t have been doing something really bad… which is why there was no one to help when he got hurt. Or the ones that says that his parents were actually Yakuza and they threatened to kill the principal if he didn’t cover it all up!” She really looks into this.

“Why are you so happy?” He asks startled at his friend.

“Don’t you think this is exciting? It’s a real live mistery!”

“No! It’s horrible! Someone died, how can that be good?” He looks horrified at her “And we’re not even sure if this is true or made up. So don’t set your hopes too high.”

“What? Of course it is! Stop killing the mood!” She shouts back.

“Then why haven’t we heard about this before?” He raises a brow.

“I already told you! The school covered all up!”

“And no newspapers covered the death of a teenager in a school?” He asks in disbelieve.

“The Yakuza keep it as a secret. They control the media!” She is too into this. Zitao thinks, shaking his head “Look, Dan told me-”

“Who?” he tilts his head curious. Even more seeing the blush on his friend's cheeks.

“Everyone calls him Dan, so he said I could do the same…” I should have figured. He sighs “A-anyway! Dan told me about it, he wouldn’t lie!”

“No, of course not. Not to his dear wife!” He jokes, going back to eating his sandwich.

“Exactly!  … Hey, wait a minute, you’re making fun of me! ZITAO!” She shouts throwing him a paper.

He laughs so much that he almost chokes on the bread.

“My love for Dan is true! Don’t you believe in love at first sight?” She asks irritated.

“I don’t think love works that fast.” He shrugs mindlessly. “It needs time to grow.”

“Oh please! Do you know what takes time to grow? Plants! And they are bo-ring.” She says with a roll of her eyes. “Love just hits you in the face and bam! Like “Hey, I’m love and I’m awesome!” It’s not something that you wait for, is something that grabs you from behind and doesn’t let you go.”

“Your metaphor is getting super creepy.” He looks at her like she had grown two heads “Anyway, wanna go to library after class? I have tones of homework already.”

“You have officially all the fun out in this conversation.”

“Sorry Sorry.” He laughs

“But sure! Let’s go after class and you’ll let me borrow your notes then, right?” She begs trying to make puppy eyes. Not working.

“I don’t think so.” He shakes his head.

“Thank you Tao! You’re the best!” she says excited, completely ignoring his words.

“Okay, fine. Since you don’t flake out on me again!” He warns

“Sure sure, you got it!” She nods, starting to eat.

 

-⌛-

 

“… This is not the library.” He sighs looking at the market sign.

“Just give me five minutes ok Tao?” Sally begs looking around for something.

“What are you searching for?” He raises a brow.

“Not what, who.” As soon as she says this her face lights up “Dan!”

Zitao groans and can’t fight the urge to roll his eyes. Of course. What was he thinking? It had to be that Dan guy. He was standing with his friends at the door of a shop with some beers in their hands. When he looks up and sees them, he smiles.

“Cary” He grins.

“Sally” Zitao corrects seeing that she doesn’t care that he mistaken her name. Dan only nods and smiles apologetically.

Standing at the side looking at them talking, Zitao can’t stop himself from asking how he ended up being the candle every time his friend had a crush- sorry, true love. Not believing he was at the door of a convenient shop instead of doing his homework.

“So Dan told us you guys are interested in The Terror of the Halls.” One of Dan friends talk.

Looking at him like he was a weirdo, Tao almost misses what he said.

“The what?” He hears Sally ask.

“Oh, that’s just how some people call the ghost.” Dan says with a shrug.

“The what?!” They both scream.

Zitaos eyes widen. Ghost?

“Oh right.” He laughs casually “I guess I never actually told you about that part, did I?”

“I can’t believe you left the best out!” One of his friends scolded him.

“What are you guys talking about?” Sally asks nervously.

“Well… Some people say that the boy who died… Never left the school.” Dan says making a creepy voice.

Sally squirms in her place looking uneasy.

“That’s not true! There is no such thing as ghosts! They are not real!” Zitao argues.

“Lots of students have seen it. He only shows late at night when they are alone in the hallway.” Dan says casually.

“Why would someone be alone in the school hallway in the middle of the night?” Zitao frowns not getting the logic.

One of Dan friends shrugs “It’s kind of an open challenge.”

“The first person to take a photo of the ghost wins like eternal fame in the school.” The other says.

“Yeah! Whoever took the picture would be the coolest!” Agreed Dan.

Zitao looked at Sally expression, dreamy and in love, that’s not good, but before he could even open his mouth she said “I’ll do it.”

“What!?” Everyone was asking what the hell was wrong with that girl. Sometimes I don’t understand why I’m friends with such a brainless and love bird like her.

“I’ll take the ghost picture for you.” She said with the same expression looking at Dan and not even caring about the others.

“Tonight?” Dan was pushing, pushing too much in Zitao opinion.

“Yeah! Do it tonight!” Oh great. Zitao thought that his friends had a little brain but now, he noticed, there is actually no brain in there.

“Wow! You’re the best, first year!” Zitao scoffed at that. He didn’t even knew her name. Yeah, he was totally into her. Figures.

“What?! To-tonight?... Yeah… ri-right…” Sally stuttered, she never does that. Oh god, she’s afraid now, great.

“Oh wait a minute there!”  Too eager, they are all too eager. Oh god, dumb people.

“Don’t worry Zitao, Dan thinks I’m the best.” Oh… Too dumb, so dumb. Zitao rolls his eyes at that.

“No! No way you’re going to do that Sally! I forbid you from putting one foot on that school tonight! Do you hear me?!” He shouts.

This is crazy.

 

-⌛-

 

“Why do you never listen to me?” Zitao whines in front of the school gate.

It’s cold, dark, and he can’t see anything. All he wants right now is to be back home and finish his homework and then listen some music while falling asleep. Then why again was he in front of the school gate at night? Oh right, the damn ghost thing.

“Why am I here anyway?” Just curious about her answer.

“Because you are the bestest best friend in the whole wide world! C’mon, let’s go!” Sally holds Zitao hands and drags him inside the school.

This scenario… This was so wrong in so many ways. Who wants to be in school? Who wants to be in school day and night? Who wants to climb the school gate to be in school day and night? Who wants to be in school at night? Who wants to be in school at night hunting a ghost with a camera? Oh god what was he doing…

“All the teachers seem to be gone by now. It should be safe to continue. Let’s go!”

 

-⌛-

 

“Ok! I have my camera ready! So… let’s just take the picture and go, ok?” She holds his hand like she’s going to crush it.

“Sally what happened? Has love warped your brain or something? You know ghosts don’t exist! This must be an urban legend or a prank or something like that! Let’s just go home!!” He was the whining king. She had to just put up with him, paying from dragging him out of his comfy sofa.

“Dan said the ghost is most often seen upstairs, let’s go and get this done with!” She says starting to walk up the stairs.

“… Are you even listening to me?” he looks apprehensive at her “Hey! I’m talking! Am I the ghost now?!”

 

-⌛-

 

“Well… At first it was creepy with all this quiet and darkness, but now… Now it’s just boring!” Sally pouts while saying this. Well, Zitao would not say ‘I told you so’ but…

“It’s like the hundredth time we pass on this hallway. Nothing happened! Can we just go home?” A heavy tired bored sigh escapes the boy lips.

“Yeah…” Sally looks down, depressed mood on. “Dan will be so disappointed. He really wanted the ghost picture. He won’t think I’m cute anymore.”

Oh god’ thought Zitao ‘even am getting depressed.’ But it’s not like he didn’t warn her or something. It was just so childish of her to believe this was actually going to help her to come close to that Dan guy, and besides GHOSTS DON’T EXIST.

“WAIT!” She suddenly screams making him jump in surprise “What was that?!” She looks around holding the camera tightly.

“What was what?” He frowns not getting what she was saying.

“I’m certain I heard a noise.” Oh god she is paranoid now.

“You’re hearing things Sally.” Shaking his head, he misses when she storms into a room.

“It came from here, I’m certain!” She looks around the room like a crazy person. Well this is new.

“There is nothing in here Sally. Let’s just go, ok?” Another sigh, this time an annoyed one.

“Let me just take a closer look…”

Oh god… Her shirt is caught on a chair.’ But before he could warn her the chair falls down making a horrible crashing sound.

“OH MY GOD THE GHOST!!!” She screams from the top of her lungs.

“No, Sally. It’s just-“

“I’M OUT!” Before he could try to say anything else she storms out of the classroom.

Oh, now what?’ Zitao sigh in his head. ‘I can’t believe she dragged me here and now left me alone.

Leave it to his best friend to leave him alone on a dark, cold night on his probably hunted school. At least the ghost could make him company, no? Dumb people believing in dumb things. There is no such thing as ghosts.

“Aren’t you going after her?” An amused voice sounds from behind him.

“Yeah… I probably should.” He sighs defeated, until… ‘Who’s talking?’ he thinks while his eyes wide comically. He was sure that he was the only living soul on this part of the school right now… Living soul. ‘Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god'

Slowly, ever so slowly, Zitao spins on his heels becoming face to face with a highly amused semi-transparent guy. His hair was so light that seemed silver.

“This was funny.” He chuckles completely amused by this situation.

Zitao couldn’t find the will to tear his eyes from that boy. He was so tall. His face was beautiful, just like a model, shaped lips, beautiful deep eyes, cute tiny nose, ear piercing. ‘Gorgeous’ was all he could think about beside the ‘OMFG IS THAT A REAL GHOST OR ONLY A DAMN CREEPER? OMG WHAT TO DO?!’

Suddenly the other guy stop with his chuckles and looks at him concerned “Are you ok? You look really pale.”

“….” ‘Is he really talking to me?! What should I do?!’ Zitao was starting to panic.

“… NO WAY! Can you actually see me?!” The ghost guy thing asked with the biggest eyes Tao had ever seen but not as big as his own right now, he could bet on that. “No one ever sees me!” The ghost smiles softly while saying this.

“You… You’re a…” Zitao feels lost for words. Is this really happening?

“Ghost?” The other raises a brow with a serious face.

“Yeah…” He nods several times not capable of stop looking at the boy in front of him.

“Yeah…” The ghost sighs but keeps his neutral expression.

“…” Zitao just stares at him wide eyed. How can this be happening? Is he really, really meeting a real ghost? Is this a prank? Is someone trying to scare him? Sally wouldn’t do it… right?

“…” The ghost thing was looking right back at him. His face was stoic but his eyes were shining with contained joy and a little… afraid? Why would a ghost be afraid of him? Last time he checked he was the one terrified of ghosts, and he was the one who was dealing with a non breathing creature here! But for some reason he couldn’t bring himself to be afraid of him. He seemed so… lonely.

“So… Are you going to run away or what?” The other asks a little troubled.

“No! I… I’m not running away.” He stutters a bit, he was still nervous with the others spiritual presence.

“Really? That’s great!” The others mood lightens almost immediately “You’re way braver then I thought you were. Much braver than I would be in your shoes.” That make Zitao freeze. Did he just make a wrong decision when he decided to stay? “But I swear… I don’t want to hurt you or anything.” The other adds quickly when he notices Zitao’s paler skin.

“Who…” takes a deep breath “Who are you?”  ‘Damn my voice don’t fail me now’ he whined in his head.

“Ah. That’s not the easiest question in the world. I… You see… My head is a little… fuzzy.” He bites his bottom lip furrowing his brows in confusion for his own loss of memories.

“You don’t remember who you are?”  A feeling of sadness hits Zitao like a slap in the face. He couldn’t even understand why.

“Well… I kinda do… But it’s just hard for me to get it all straight or understand it.” He shrugs while talking. Suddenly his face brightens “But I can show you! Wait a minute, let me concentrate.”

“Wha- What does that even-?” He isn’t able to conclude his sentence before a bright white light blurs his vision. He closed his eyes tightly, it hurt his eyes.

-

When he was able to open his eyes, he noticed that he was still in the same classroom he was now, but everything was just… weird. Weird, bright and with a different look. It’s… day. What? A lot of people were in there, it was so noisy. They were all students, their uniforms… Just like his own.

“This is one of my memories. Probably you can understand easier if you just watch it. That’s what I do when I forget things about myself.” Zitao looks around but can’t find the ghost anywhere, he could still hear it tho.

“Hey, that’s mine!” He hears someone shout “Give it back! That’s not fair!”

He’s able to see a guy holding a pink notebook and a very flustered girl trying to have it back. Every student in the classroom was starting to getter around them to see the ‘show’.

“Please Kris, that’s my personal property!” She whines nearly breaking down to tears.

“Ugh, you’re so damn noisy. Just shut up will ya?” The guy rolls his eyes, still holding the pink object. “Stop leaving your stuff on my desk or next time I’ll put it in the trash!” The guy nearly barks.

At that moment, Zitao’s eyes widen ‘It’s him!! It’s the ghost!’ a voice screams in his mind ‘It’s really him!’

“It’s probably full of love poems and letters to Kris anyway.” A voice shouts.

“Yeah, everyone knows you have a crush on him!” A second voice appears, this one being strangely familiar. ‘Wait, is that Dan?’ Zitao stares dumbly at the guy, he was a younger version of Dan, but he couldn’t deny it was him.

“I bet you’re actually really excited that he is touching your stuff or am I wrong?” Dan spoke again with a smirk playing on his lips, giving Zitao the urge to hit him.

“N-no… Th-that’s not…!”

“Ugh, you’re gross. Stay away from me!” That Kris/living ghost guy nearly shouts.

Well, that’s not nice, not nice at all.

“I… I…” the girl was trying really hard to fight back her tears.

Just looking at it made Zitao want to punch everyone in the classroom. How could they just ignore all of this? This guys were so…

“Rude.” The words leave his mouth without him even notice.

Suddenly Zitao feels his body freeze when Kris guy looks straight at him. But he couldn’t see him, right? He blinks a couple of times but nope, Kris was still looking.

“What did you just say?” his tone was clearly in warning.

“Wh- Me?” Zitao points pathetically at himself.

“Yeah, you got a problem with me?” Threatening tone. Oh great.

“Wh- Ouch!” Before he could talk, Kris had thrown the notebook at him. The guy had an admiring aim.

“… Kris? What the hell?” It was Dan’s voice. But honestly, Zitao was too busy on being confused and in rubbing his sore head.

“Who the hell are you anyway? You’re not from this class!” He shouted at him. Tao fought the urge to roll his eyes at the irony, he was there because he brought him there.

“What are you even doing?” His friends were frowning.

“Who’s this guy? Which class is he from?” Kris points straight at Tao. Everyone looked confused.

“There’s no one there. Are you sure you’re feeling alright?”

“What are you talking about? He is right there!” He points again getting frustrated with each passing minute.

“You’re pointing to no one! Is this some kind of joke?” One of his friends laughs nervously, clearly not knowing what got into Kris.

“You all are the ones trying to play me a joke and it isn’t funny!” He shouts “Forget it, I’m out!” As he finished saying this, he was out of the classroom.

Well, that was tense.

Zitao tries to follow him through the hallway but ends up losing him in the crowd of students. Looking around, he was starting to get frustrated by not seeing him.

“The rooftop.” The ghost – Kris apparently – appeared in front of him. “He, I mean me, I went to the roof! Go quickly after him! I mean me. Ugh! You know what I mean, just go!”

Tao makes a face “To be honest, I don’t know if I want to follow him, I mean you, I mean… UGH! You know!” he sighs “Anyway, how come you can see me when clearly no one else could? I thought this was a memory!”

“Yeah, that was kind of a shocker uh?” He frowns a little seeming as confused as Tao was. “If I’m honest, I wasn’t expecting this to happen. But I don’t really know what this ghosty powers thing does. No one gave me an instruction manual!” he whines. “But c’mon! That’s not the important thing right now! Rooftop, quickly! I have a bad feeling so please just hurry up.”

Being shooed to the rooftop, Zitao went as quick as he could.

 

The rooftop was a surprising big area. So yeah… Zitao couldn’t see Kris.

“Hello? Excuse me, where are you?” He walked around trying to find him.

When he saw him he couldn’t believe it. What was he doing nearly on the edge of the roof? Was he crazy? Did he have suicidal tendencies? What? One strong wind and he would be flying at the ground at high speed. Moron.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing? Get out of there!” He shouts sprinting to the careless guy.

“What?” Kris turns around clearly shocked by Tao’s scream, and his feet slipping on the edge.

Zitao’s eyes widen in terror and he quickly holds Kris hand using his own body to pull him to closer to himself “I’ve got you!” He shouts excited before realizing he is also falling… behind.

Oof.

He started to thank to all of the gods for helping him and making him fall to the right side of the abyss and for allowing him to make Kris safe. But... Where is Kris? Suddenly a pain makes its way to his head.

“Ouch.” He hisses.

“Hey, that’s my line!” He hears a grumble from above him. Slowly Tao opens his eyes. “Are you crazy? You could have killed me!” Kris shouted to him. But Tao wasn’t paying attention to that.

He started to blush.

“You…” he talks quietly.

“Did you stalk me here? Are you a weirdo and a stalker now?” He was almost growling.

“You’re…” Tao bites his lip lightly, still blushing.

“Are you crazy or just plain stupid? Tell me! I don’t know if I should hit you or pity you!” Now Kris was growling.

“You’re… On top of me…” he finally says it, feeling his cheeks heating even more.

“Huh?” Kris blinks and for what looks like the first time he notices their position, blushing a little “Well, you pulled me down!” He quickly stands up “There you go… It’s not like I wanted to be lying on top of you anyway.” He shrugs clearly embarrassed. “It’s gross.” He looks elsewhere.

“… I’m not gross!” Zitao makes an incredulous face but bites his tongue and takes a deep breath to calm himself down “I’m sorry that I startled you. Are you ok?” He looks closely at the other trying to find cuts or anything like that.

“I’m fine! I would be worried about you if I was on your skin.” He says in a bored voice.

“…” blinks “Why?” Tao frowns.

“… You don’t know who I am?!” Kris eyes widen in shock.

“Hum… No.” Shaking his head Tao can see the other’s eyes widen even more in pure shock.

“Seriously!?” He nearly shouts surprised. “I’m Kris.” He says like his name should give all the answers he needed.

“Er…” Shakes his head once again.

“Are you serious right now?!” If Kris got more shocked he would probably explode. “What’s wrong with this guy.” He mutters under his breath. “W-well, my family is super important and they could snuff you out with one phone call. I bet you’re scared now, uh?” he smirks confident.

“Honestly, I’m more annoyed than anything.” He akes a bored face “You’re the rudest person I’ve ever met.”

“If you think I’m bad don’t even think about pissing of my father.” He comments casually on his natural manner. “Come near me and I’ll ruin your life. So just… Just watch out, ok? And… Leave me alone!” After saying this he storms out of the rooftop. He seemed to have the habit of doing such thing.

-

Suddenly the bright light is back and when he notices he is back to his own time and he still is at the rooftop. A cold, dark night again.

“Now I remember… My name is Kris!” He ghost appears in front of him. “Hey, are you ok?” he asks concerned.

“No… I’m not.” Zitao shakes his head. “I’m standing in the middle of the night, on the school rooftop, with a ghost, who has apparently once a big .” He mutters pulling his jacket close to his body, seeking for warmth. There were so many wrong things on this scenario.

“That… Is all true.” The other finally says.

Zitao looks down. His head hurt like hell, Kris had made him hit it 2 times in less than 15 minutes.

“I’m going home…” He whispers as he starts to walk away.

“Aw, already? But I really wanted to talk some more…” Kris whines, a small sad pout appearing on his lips.

“I am going home.” Zitao says again “I’m going to have a bath and go to bed. And when I wake up this is all going to have been a bad dream. This is my plan.” He reasons with his own mind trying to convince himself that this was all a dream.

“Oh… Okay… Good luck with that, I guess.” Kris voice was clearly sad but he didn’t make a move to stop him from going.

“Thank you… Goodbye.” Zitao says and quickly leaves the school.

“Yeah… Bye.” Kris whispers and watches Zitao worried steps to leave school. And him.

Definitely a big, tense, long night.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I don't have a beta and it's really late here where I live so sorry for the mistakes ok? Please enjoy. I hope you'll like it.

PS: I'll just say that this fanfic is based on a otome game. I'll try to improve in the next chapters. I won't tell you what the game is, and please if you know don't tell either, don't ruin the surprise to the others! Thank you and please suport me, ne.