Forever Your Peter Pan

Forever Your Peter Pan (난 영원한 너의 피터팬)

-"Thank you for coming to help me Sehun! I never thought you'd actually come." I said to my very best friend who was sitting on the couch yawning so hard since the moment he came.

-"I wasn't really coming but you were really annoying and I had no choice but coming!" he said then yawned again-:" Now let's get started before I fall asleep right now on this comfy couch!"

We spent half the day packing all my stuff since I had to move out on the same day, we were almost finished. I started getting all my clothes from the wardrobe until I found a little small box that has been unnoticed or rather ignored for the past 5 years. I opened it and found different stuff from my past years at school and college, photos, small gifts, stuff that she forgot with me and never had them back.

I dozed off for a while, remembering the last time I saw her. Oh how a tragic meeting it was! I shook my head trying to get rid of the unwanted memories and went back to the box; I found my old diary that I have been keeping with me since the first day I met her.

I went through the pictures and everything we did together came back to me again making my heart feel so heavy, to say that I completely forgot her would be the biggest lie I have ever made in my life.  I was only trying my best to make myself busy with my life to not think about her, but when I'm alone at night she comes back to my mind again. And I keep regretting that I let her just go like this, every single day. And now she's here again on the pages of my old diary, I can see her so clear making me smile bitterly.

"Do you miss her?" I heard someone say behind my back, I must've been out of mind that I didn't even notice him getting into the room and sitting on my bed.

-"What? Who?" I said looking at him, which made him snicker.

-"My grandma! That girl in the picture you're holding." He said pointing at my hand, and when I looked down I as holding a picture both of us were smiling in it and clinging our arms together. I sighed and put everything back in the box deciding to ignore his question and told him to hurry and continue packing.

-"I heard that she was back in town by the way." He said then turned to leave the room, and I was frozen at my spot trying to get it all in. -"What did you just say?" I followed after him and found him sitting on the couch smiling at me.

-"So you do miss her!" He said wiggling his eyebrows, something he always did to annoy me.

-"Just spell it Sehun!"

He raised his arms -:"Okay, okay chill! I met one of our old friends and she said she was going to meet up with her, turned out she was just back from the U.S"

I sat down absorbing all the information he just told me. She's back , she's back, my mind kept on repeating those words. Actually I never thought I'd have the chance to see her again, and now that she's finally here I would never let it go like this.. not again.

-"Do you know where she's staying now? She had sold her house before leaving." I asked him hoping he would have an answer but unfortunately he didn't know. So what should I do now?  Roam around the city looking for here? That's ridiculous, how this girl makes me so hopeless for whole five years.

 

Few days later I was at a coffee shop, the one we used to go when she was here in hopes that I would actually meet her in this place. I took the day off from work and now this is my 5th cup of coffee and I started to lose my hope. That's until I heard someone's laugh, I know that laugh, I turned around and looked at the entrance door. There she was finally, looking oh so beautiful as always.

I suddenly remembered the first time I saw her laughing back when we were in school, and it was the first time my heart beats in unstable rate. I didn't know what was that feeling back then but I came to realize what it meant every time I made her laugh after that. Every time she smiled, or looked at me softly, I understood what it meant, I loved her. And I still do from all my heart.

She seems so fragile, like she has always been, like she needs someone to protect her. I guess that's why I had to save her from school bullies too. And since then I came to admire her from afar, wondering how to make my first move that came years later when I kissed her. Gosh I'm such a jerk.

Passing by my table without even noticing me, I didn't know what I should do. Should I talk to her? Will she remember me? Or would she ignore me? A lot of questions kept running on my mind and I just sat there looking at her but she never noticed. Not until she got up and finally looked my way, she just stood there looking at me with wide eyes. It looks like all the memories that she tried to forget came back again, just like me.

I don't know how long have we been looking at each other but I didn't want to look away, neither did she. Or that's what I thought…She looked away, carried her back and just left the place without even greeting me. I got up from my chair and ran after her, and then I caught her arm. She looked at me with surprised eyes which somehow became teary.

I didn't know what to say, I had so many things in my mind to say to her but once I saw her everything went blank. I just don't want her to disappear from my eyes again.

"E-excuse me, you're h-hurting …my hand…" she said looking down trying to let go from my grasp. I left her hand quickly and mumbled a sorry. She mumbled back something along the lines of "it's okay" still looking down. I didn't say anything else and I think she was waiting for me to say something. She looked up at me again and said -:"I'm sorry I have to go."

-"NO!" I screamed holding her hand once again :"The last time you said that.. it wasn't very pleasant, you just left…just like that." She looked at me with the same surprised expression and shook her head.

-"You know, I don't really… want to talk about this now.."

-"Why did you leave?" I asked finally gaining some of my courage back and totally ignoring her last statement .

-"Are you.. are you serious?" she snickered :"after all these years you still don’t know why?" pulling her hand from mine she said goodbye and returned to leave once again. But I ran up and faced her again -:"Let's sit and talk!"

-"What?!"

-"Come on I know a place that you're going to love." Taking her hand in mine I started to walk towards our destination ignoring all her protests and her attempts to let go of my hand.

-"Listen I let you go once, and I won't do it again so just come with me." After that she stopped protesting and kept mumbling some curse words like she always did when I forced her into something. She hasn't changed, not even a bit.

After a while we arrived at a park, our park, the place where we hang out most of our times. We used to come here almost every day after school to watch people and kids, to eat ice cream to do everything we want to do. Just enjoying each other's presence.

-"This place hasn't changed since I left." I heard her whisper with teary eyes :"it has so many memories." She said and looked away trying to hide her tears. I led her to a bench and sat down.

-"Do you remember the first time we came here?" I asked and looked at her smiling, she avoided my eyes and looked down saying  -:"We came here and found a peter pan custom show" she paused and laughed :"and somehow you convinced me that I'm Wendy and that you'll…"

-"I will forever be your peter pan." I said after a long silence, in which we were recalling this particular memory -:"It was so childish." She nodded and sighed -:"Why are you bringing this up?"

-"I don't know, maybe because I missed the time we spent together…" I looked back at her again in the eyes, and she was looking at me as well, and just then I realized how much I missed her, her laughs, her smile, her jokes, her tenderness and her everything!

-"I missed you." I finally said which made her stunned I guess from the look on her face, and I saw a little tint of pink on her cheeks. She gulped and asked cheerfully trying to change the subject  :"Where's your wife? Do you have kids now?"

-"We never got married…" I smiled bitterly -:"After you left so many things have changed, and somehow we realized that we weren't really made for each other."

-"Uh… I'm , sorry about that." I shook my head -:"It's okay, it didn't affect me that much as when you left." She looked down again.

-"Look, I'm sorry for everything back then, I think I was just so scared to ruin everything between us I mean, I've always loved you okay, and I was afraid that something may go wrong and I'd have to lose you and it's just killed me…and I---" she cut me and asked with confusion written all over her face.

-"You've always what?"

-"I've always loved since the very first day I laid my eyes on you, and I still do till this very moment. I've fallen in love with your smile and laugh and your mesmerizing eyes, you don't realize how they make me feel inside. I was such a jerk for never letting you know this." There I said it; I said everything I've been keeping inside for such a really, really long time.

-" Why didn't you say anything? Why..?" she asked moving her arms around, like she always did when she was very annoyed.

-"I told you I was afraid to ruin everything we had, and ironically I did ruin everything. What I was always afraid of happening did actually happen."

Silence was all around us after my last statement. I hate this kind of silence, why wouldn't she say something, anything.

-"I'm—"

-"So you were never sorry for that kiss right?" she asked not looking at me but her face showed no kind of emotions at all, which made me a little bit scared, yeah she can be scary sometimes.

-"W-w-what?"

-"The kiss in front of my door, that night when I was extremely sad and you kissed me and then said you were sorry you didn't mean it , and it was only to make me feel better."  She emphasized better and raised her hands doing a quotation mark at the end.  I smiled and leaned in a little bit looking in her eyes while she looked back as well, I was only inches away from her lips, then asked -:"You mean this kiss?"

I closed the gap between our lips closing my eyes and kissed her, pouring all my emotions into that kiss to let her know how much I missed her and how much I love her. I pulled away and looked at her smiling happy that she was smiling as well, with a dark shade of red on her cheeks.

-"You're such an idiot!"

-"I'm your idiot."

-" No, you're my Peter Pan."

-"Forever your Peter Pan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I hope you like this more than I do :") and I might write her point of view in another chapter ,just maybe not sure. Anyways :D thanks for reading~