Final

I'm Sorry

She stared at his back as she tossed her third carton of banana milk on the trash can she placed near her, while he continued working for Block B’s next album. She looked at the time on her phone and realized how long she was sitting on the couch watching her best friend produce the next song to top the charts.

Aish. I’ve been here for four hours already. She thought. Why did he even call me when he’ll just let me sit here doing nothing. She picked up her bag beside her. Standing up, he called his name.

“Jiho.”

Nothing.

She scrunched up her eyebrows as she walked towards him, tapping his shoulder when she got near him.

“Jiho.”

“Hmm?” The boy turned around to look at her, removing his headphones in the process.

“I’m going home.”

“Huh? Where? I haven’t talked to you yet.”

She rolled her eyes. “I’ve been here for four freaking hours! Yesterday, you made me wait for you for five and a half hours. The day after, for three hours! Then the day-“ She was cut off by Jiho.

He stood up from his chair looking straight in her eyes. “Uhm… I didn’t mean to make you wait for me. I-I just…” He scratched the back of his neck.

She raised an eyebrow waiting for him to continue.

“I-I just… I w-want you to b-be by my s-side when I’m working.” He shyly confessed.

“And why is that?” She crossed her arms, still looking at him.

“Can’t you see it? I’m…” He paused, debating with himself if he should tell her or not.

“You are what?”

“I’m obviously… in love w-with y-you.”

“Hah! I’m not buying that joke. Look. Just finish that song while I get going, okay?” She was about to turn around when Jiho held her wrist, stopping her.

“I’m not joking. I like you. Love you, even. You’re my muse, that’s why I want you to be around while I work. This isn’t how I imagine confessing to you, but I hope you’ll hear my heart right now.”

She was shocked at the unexpected confession. She didn’t know how to respond. Yes, she love him… but only as a best friend. She didn’t know that Jiho would develop feelings for her in that way. She searched his eyes for the truth, and all she could see is hope. Hope that she will like him back. However, she is afraid of not reciprocating his feelings because she had never seen him as more than a best friend.

“J-Jiho.”

“I’m not forcing you to tell me that you love me right now. I just want you to know and give me a chance. Give us a chance. Consider us being together…” His grip on her wrist tightened, but still making sure he is not hurting her.

“B-But…”

“Sshh.” He placed a finger on her lips to stop her from saying anything because deep inside him, he knows that…

“I know you like Kyung.” He bitterly smiled. “But please give me a chance, okay?” He hugged her, resting his head on her shoulder. “Don’t say anything that will hurt me. You know that I’m sensitive.” He chuckled softly as he tightened his embrace. She can hear the tremble in his voice giving away that he is trying hard not to cry at this moment. “Let’s stay like this for a while. Maybe ten minutes? Or even five will do.”

She just stood there thinking how to comfort her best friend at times like this. Moments later, she felt him shaking and tears wetting her shirt.

He’s crying.

She hugged him back, her left hand running through his short blond locks.

“I’m sorry, Jiho. I’m sorry.”