Chapter I

Realizations

When Hyuk opens the door to the dorm, fresh from picking up some groceries, the first thing he does is groan. There’s a rom-com playing out on their TV, but none of the four boys on the couch are paying attention to it. N and Leo are making out aggressively on half of the sofa, locked in an extremely suggestive position that is sure to give Hyuk nightmares for weeks. Not to mention Ravi and Hongbin, who are in a slightly less suggestive pose, but are also each others’ faces. Hyuk grimaces. It’s not like he has a problem with his bandmates being fiercely gay, it’s just that he wishes they wouldn’t make out (and possibly do other things that Hyuk doesn’t want to think about) on the couch. He does sit on it. Speaking of gay bandmates…

"Hey," Hyuk asks. "Where’s Ken?"

If on cue, a body comes flying from the hallway and latches itself onto Hyuk, squeezing tightly. “Hi, Hyukkie!” Ken says (over)enthusiastically. He plants a sloppy wet kiss on Hyuk’s cheek.

Hyuk groans. “For the last time, Ken, I’m not gay.”

The two couples on the sofa (finally) freeze. They look up at Hyuk, astonished. With an anguished wail, Ken slides down onto the ground and looks up at Hyuk with tear-filled eyes.

N is the first to speak. “Noooo!” He cries. “My baby cannot be straight!”

"….I thought you were gay," Leo says, his voice completely monotone.

We thought you were gay,” Hongbin adds, his voice cracking in distress.

"What the ?" Ravi looks completely shocked.

"I thought you loved me!" Ken sobs. His addition is surprisingly heartbreaking, even if Hyuk doesn’t love him.

"…I’ve told you like ten times already," Hyuk says, his face straight. "I. Am. Not. Gay." With that, he exits the room and Ken starts fully sobbing in pain.


Hyuk wakes up one morning on the floor, with a killer headache and the taste of vomit in his mouth. He vaguely remembers last night: drinking beer, N dancing to Sunmi’s 24 Hours (again), Hongbin and Ravi eating each others’ lips on the couch…

"," he grumbles. "What the ?" When he tries to get up, he finds that he can’t lift his legs. He looks down.

A drooling Ken is passed out on Hyuk’s lower half, an empty beer can still in his hand. The first word that comes to Hyuk’s mind is pretty. Ken’s long eyelashes, his plump lips, even — no, especially — his messy bedhead. Hyuk feels something warm bubbling up in his chest, like—

A sudden realization hits him. "Oh my god I’m gay."