You Did It Oppa

You Did It Oppa

~YOUR POV~

I couldn't stare at the clock for more than 30 seconds. Only 48 more hours. I haven't told anyone, and I wasn't planning on it.

I went to the doctors one night, and they told me I have cancer. I never knew anything in life could be so heart wrenching. I cried, and cried, and cried, and cried. I couldn't stop crying. I wouldn't stop crying. The worst part doesn't end there. I have 2 days, and one night to live. It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. The worst part, still doesn't end there. Not even the love of my life knows I'm dying.

 

I stayed snuggled up in his arms everynight since I got the news. Trying so hard not to think about anything.

Because thinking, leads to crying, and crying leads to curiosity, and soon enough, curiosity leads to shattered hearts.

I didn't want to shatter his heart.

 

The night before I would be going to the hospital, I gave Jonghyun a challenge. Trust me, it was more challenging for me, than it ever would be for him.

"Oppa, can I tell you something."

"Of course Jagiya."

"Tomorrow, If you can go without me, no texting me, no calling me or any communication with me. Then I will never leave you.

"It will be too hard, but if it means you'll never leave me, I'll do it.

 Again trying hard not to cry, you gave him a smile.

 

The next day came. I hugged him for a long time. He didn't pull away, or even untighten his grip on me a little. I kissed him for a long time.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you more." He replied. "I'll see you tomorrow." 

I couldn't help but cry now. I walked away fast, not letting him see my tears that streamed down my face, enough to fill a kitty pool, or maybe even an ocean. At least that's what it felt like.

 

~JONGHYUN'S POV~

She walked away, and I watched her drive off. Than I started to take the long way home, thinking about nothing, since there's nothing to think about when she's not by my side.

I lay down on the couch all day. Usually by now I would be eating lunch with her. I didn't know what to do since I'm with her everyday since I met her.

I somehow made it to my room, and next thing I know, I have a whole song dedicated to her.

It was about 10:00 now so I decided to go to sleep. I was about to send her a text message til I remembered our deal.

 

The next morning came. I looked at the clock. 11:00am. I jumped up and went over to her house. Knocked on the door, but there was no one who came. I rang the door bell and still no answer. The door was unlocked so I stepped inside.

"I did it Jagiya!"

still no response. All of a sudden my phone went off. A number I didn't recognize.

"Hello?"

"Is this Kim Jonghyun?"

"Yes. Who is this."

"Please come down to the hospital. I'm Dr.Kang."

"Why?"

"I'm very sorry, but your girl friend, has passed away."

I swear I could hear the sound of my heart drop. I didn't know what to say. After a long pause I finally said something as much as "What?"

"She told me she never told you, but gave me your number to tell you that she's had cancer, and had 6 months to live. I'm so sorry. She passed away last night. She just was to heart broken to tell you. I'm sorry."

You don't know what it's like to hear such a thing. The love of my life is dead. My soul mate. My future wife. I couldn't bare the pain. The phone fell out of my hands, the screen cracking, and I fell with it, only my heart cracking.

I cried so hard it was indescribable. I tried to get up several times, but my body felt so numb, and my stomach so knotted up I couldn't even sit up straight. My tears blinding my eyes every time I would try to wipe them away. It was as if a part of me died. I managed myself to get up after what felt like 3 years of trying. There was a picture of us, and a note on it. I walked to it.

"Conratulations oppa, you did it. Now do it everyday. I love you Kim Jonghyun. "

 

 

~4 YEARS LATER~

"I never forgot her, and I never will.

Today, I perform a song I wrote just for her with the other members of SHINee called 'In My Room'

I love you Jagiya.

-Kim Jonghyun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66rdeYhtpOA