The Meeting...

We Danced

He was tired and worn out. The process for this performance was beginning to weigh heavy on his mind. He was excited to meet the chosen girls, though he would have been fine dancing with Ji Hye. He didn't think she was too happy about the decision. They'd danced together for years and had developed a close relationship. It was odd not just for him but her as well to not dance at his side.

However YG wanted this from him. He wanted fans to watch with anticipation at who would win. He wanted the attention and so it was set. Worldwide auditions , round after elimination round until finally they'd narrowed it down to 5 girls. Hailing from the States, Japan, Australia, France and Spain and everyone was anxious to see the winner.

Today was the day he'd get to meet them. He paced anxiously in the cafeteria while his best friend Jiyong typed away madly on his phone. "Nervous bro?" Jiyoung asked him looking up. "A little" Taeyang replied as a PD came in to tell them they were ready.

Finally the time had come and they went to make an entrance. He walked into the room filled with cameras for behind the scene footage. His choreographer and friend Sean, YG and a few employed YG dancers had already arrived. They sat on chairs with clip boards talking animatedly. Tae and Jiyoung sat in the chairs next to YG and they went over a few details before the girls came in.

Finally the marker was hit and the girls walked in one by one introducing themselves . They were unique in their own ways, all beautiful but that wasn't what he was looking for. He wanted someone whose body moved well with his. Sean went over counts to each of the girls and then they were instructed to dance the routine with Taeyang. One by one they came in to dance with him after introductions and the choreography lesson. They moved well but none of them were fitting his style. None of them spoke to him.

He was starting to give up and think that maybe this whole ordeal was a bad idea until number 4 walked back in. She stood out with her dark brown skin and curly mass of an afro. She was curvy in the most attractive manner. Her smile was brilliant and almost felt like a gift to him. The music started and they began to execute the choreography. There wasn't any hesitation in their bodies. This is what he wanted. Natural occurrence. They moved sinuously. As if they were joined by a ribbon. Out the corner of his eye he noticed Jiyoung with a sly smile, YG looking intrigued, chin resting in his hand and Sean carefully evaluating. He watched her small solo in the routine. She was incredibly talented and she looked graceful while she danced. Her face extracting the emotion. She moved as if the instruments were inside her body. Finally it was time to join again and they finished breathless.

Everyone clapped happily and YG stood, nodding at him and left the room which Tae knew to take as satisfaction.

And so she was chosen.