Denial and True Feeling

True Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh damn... I forgot my lunch box...” Hoya silently cursed, hands still busy rummaging his bag trying to find his lunch box. And he sighed defeatedly when he’s 100% sure the said lunch box is not inside his bag.

“Just go and buy some food in cafetaria.” Sungyeol, his classmate suggested while he’s standing at the doorway with Myungsoo, their bestfriend and fellow classmate too.

“And do you think I want to get myself being squeezed between those starving zombie-like people in there? No way.” Hoya sighed and stared at the lunch box on both Sungyeol’s and Myungsoo’s hands and the two of them quickly hid it behind their back. “Come on, share some with me–“

“Hoya hyung!!”

They turned their head to the owner of the sweet and cheerful voice. That’s when they saw a boy as cheerful, sweet and cute as his voice with a beautiful face. If not for the pants he’s wearing, everyone who didn’t know he’s a boy may be mistaken his as a girl.

“Missing something?” The cheerful boy raised his hand to show Hoya the thing he’s holding.

“My lunch box! Thank goodness!!” Hoya glad he didn’t have to beg his miser bestfriend to share their food or going to the cafetaria. “Thanks my cute lil’ brother.” He happily took the lunch box and he ruffled his brother’s hair named Lee Sungjong.

“You’re really such a forgetful person sometimes.” Sungjong said as he fixed his hair. He glanced at Sungyeol and Myungsoo before he greeted them with a cheerful ‘Hi!’ with a sweet smile, which it succeeded on making a certain someone’s heart skipped a beat. “I guess I’ll be going then.”

“Wait Jongie, why don’t you join us to have a lunch on the rooftop?” Hoya asked but Sungjong shook his head.

“No I don’t want to bother you.”

“No, you’re not bothering us at all! Right?” Hoya looked at Sungyeol and Myungsoo and they nodded. He then hung his hand on Sungjong’s shoulder and whispered. “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure you will get to sit next to Sungyeol.”

“Yak hyung!!” Sungjong face went red and he smacked his brother’s head, which Hoya managed to dodge it and laughed.

Sungjong’s actually was having a crush on Sungyeol, one of his brother’s bestfriends. It started 2 years ago when Hoya’s on his first year in high school and he brought his friends home to have a sleepover party. When Sungjong got introduced in front of them, Sungjong just fell for Sungyeol’s charm and cheerful choding personality. And soon Sungjong became really close to them, especially him and Myungsoo.

“Okay then, let’s have a lunch together.” Sungjong nodded. As happy as Sungyeol was to have his little cute friend have a lunch together, he grabbed Sungjong’s hand and practically dragged him to the rooftop. Of course he failed to notice the maknae’s tomato face and his wide grin.

While for Myungsoo who still stood still on his spot, could only look at his two best friends with a longing feeling inside his heart. Hoya patted his shoulder and gave him a knowing smile before they both made their way to the rooftop too.

One day at after school time when almost all of the students went home already except for those who have club activity, there's still Sungjong who forgotten his notebook in his calssroom had no choice but to went back to school and take the damn notebook home since he needed it to do his homework.

Just when Sungjong about to step out from the school building, a sudden heavy rain poured down and he silently cursed the rain since he didn’t bring anything useful like umbrella to shelter him from the rain.

So there he was, standing at the entrance of the school building, head being raised up so he could look at the gloomy dark sky, silently hoping the rain would stop very soon.

“Jongie?”

Sungjong turned his head to see who called him. “Myungsoo hyung?” Yep it was Myungsoo who just finished his guitar practice at the music club.

“Why are you here? I thought you went home already with Hoya...” Myungsoo asked curiously and he raised an eyebrow. “Is it raining?”

“Forgot my notebook.” Sungjong said, showing the said notebook. “And yes it’s raining.” He sighed. “But since it won’t stop that soon, maybe I should just run as quickly as I can.”

“No, wait! You will get sick if you do that!” Myungsoo grabbed Sungjong’s hand tightly when the maknae was about to run off. “I bring an umbrella, let’s just share it.”

Myungsoo took his umbrella out from his bag. He opened the umbrella and Sungjong quickly stood next to Myungsoo under it.

“Wait.” Myungsoo took off his black warm jacket and he put it on Sungjong’s body to keep him warm. Sungjong just blushed slightly at Myungsoo’s sudden act and kindness. Usually Myungsoo was the quiet one between Hoya and the others so it made Sungjong quite surprised when he being so kind like that to him, and he get surprised more when the older gave him a warm smile and ruffled his hair lovingly.

L then walked Sungjong home. They were having a small chat along the walk, enjoying their time together under the umbrella. Well, until Sungjong asked something...

"Myungsoo hyung, you're the closest friend of Sungyeol hyung right? Do you know if he has a girlfriend yet?"

Myungsoo was quite hesitant for a while and Sungjong saw the change of expression in his face. "I don't think he's in relationship yet. Why do you ask?"

"Really?" Sungjong's face brightened up a bit. "And do you know...if he might be interested...being in relationship with...man??" Sungjong wasn't sure if it was right to ask this or not, since he feel so embarassed for asking some non-sense thing, and somehow a tense atmosphere appeared between them. "Myungsoo hyung?" The maknae called again after the older didn't say anything.

'So he is really in love with Sungyeol... That means I don't have a chance anymore, huh?' Myungsoo sighed. "You...like him, don't you?"

"Yes..." Sungjong nodded and smiled sheepishly with his flushed face. And that was enough to make a pang on Myungsoo's heart. Sungjong's face was looking so happy and full of love... But it was because of Sungyeol...not him...

"Jongie ah, I forgot I have to buy something. Take the umbrella with you."

"Eh? Wait hyung-"

Without waiting for Sungjong to finish his sentences, Myungsoo has already ran off straight o he other way, ignoring the rain that heavily poured down on him with a cold breeze blowing through him.

The next day on lunch break, Sungjong took the time to visit his brother's class. With Myungsoo's jacket and umbrella in his hands, he peeked into the class, trying to find the owner.

"Jongie? What are you doing here?" Sungyeol who recognized it was Sungjong who standing at the doorway with confused face, quickly approached him with his usual gummy smile.

"Sungyeol hyung, where's Myungsoo hyung?"

"Oh, he's absent today since he catch a flu."

"Eh??" 'Oh no... It must because of yesterday...' Sungjong felt guilty, since he's the reason why Myungsoo went home without any shelter in the middle of the heavy rain and for he failed to sop and chase him when he just ran off out of sudden.

Sungyeol then saw a black jacket and a black umbrella –which he could tell it's Myungsoo's at once– and somehow he could guess what happened between them. "I'm going to visit him later after school. Wanna join?" Which of course Sungjong nodded.

Myungsoo felt so hopeless and weak, it felt so hard to move his body with his current condition. His body was wet and sticky because of sweat. His head was aching non-sop and spinning, His breath was unsteady. He felt so thirsty, he wanted to take a drink but afraid to lose his balance and fall if he stood up. At this time, he really needed someone to be here for him.

Sungjong...

How he really wanted the little innocent angel to be there for him, to take care of him. Hell, he thought that maybe he would get better only with seeing the cute boy's smile. But if he asked Sungjong to come over and take care of him, would he say yes to it? They're just a mere friend, it would be weird maybe if he asked Sungjong to come and become a personal nurse for him.

A sound of door opened and being closed caught his attention. Oh... It's maybe Sungyeol, since he's the only one who knew where Myungsoo hid the spare key outside of his apartment.

"Yeol-ah, is that you?"

Then he saw the door being opened and he expected to see Sungyeol's grinning face, ready to being sick like this. But what he didn't expect was to see the face of a person he really wished to be here just now. "S-Sungjong...!?"

“Myungsoo hyung!!” Sungjong rushed to Myungsoo’s side and sat next to him on the bed. “How are you feeling??”

“Sungjong?? Jongie?? Why are you here...?” Myungsoo asked with a hoarse voice. Is this a dream? Or maybe his head was playing with him?

But no... This is real... It’s not a dream... Because when Sungjong put his hand on Myungsoo’s forehead, it felt too good and the touch was too real to be a dream.

“You’re full of sweat! Wait a sec...” Sungjong went off to the bathroom and not so long after that, Sungyeol showed himself in front of Myungsoo.

“So you’re indeed the one who brings him here...” Myungsoo mumbled.

“Do you like my ‘present’?” Sungyeol smirked and he took a seat next to the sick Myungsoo. “Let me guess, you gave Sungjong your jacket and umbrella last night so he could go home warm and dry while you had nothing to protect you from the heavy rain right? What? Are you trying to be his white-horsed knight?”

“Shut up...” Myungsoo growled in annoyance and Sungyeol took that as a ‘yes’.

Myungsoo just kept silent, not saying anything to deny Sungyeol. Being his closest friend, the choding guy of course know about Myungsoo’s feeling for the cute maknae ever since the first time they met. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter