Lee Sungjong's Secret : part 2

If I Die Young

Myungsoo POV

 

I’m walking around this school without any destination after leaving the cowards. I don’t know why, but I’m feeling so damn angry when they’re badmouthing about Lee Sungyeol’s little brother.

 

Funny, I barely know him and now I’m searching for him like an idiot only to proves that Lee Sungjong is innocent. Maybe it’s because Sungyeol is my bestfriend and his brother feels like my own brother that makes me want to protect him as well. But seriously, why did his friends told me a total different story about Lee Sungjong?

Which one is the truth?

 

My mind still occupied by which side should I believe about Lee Sungjong when I hear a faint sound echoing through the corridor. I’m trying to figure out the sound while inspecting the environment by lookingaround. Suddenly I realize that I walked into an unknown place in the school as the luxurious building becoming old and rotten.

“How come I get on this place? This is not like my highschool building at all...”

This place is eeringly creepy. Dusty old floor, cracks on the wall with fading colour on the surface, damp air, and dim lightning on the ceiling. Seems like this is the old part of my school which haven’t being restored.

 

Did I went too far away?

 

I was about to turn back when I hear the noise again. It’s getting louder and clear this time as I managed to capture some of it. I think it is actually a human voice. Is that ghost? Did someone trapped here? This place is more terrific than I thought!

At first, I want to run away. I’m not really good at horror things like this and I won’t involve myself in anything about it. But then again, the sound becoming sobs and plead as it’s echoing through the corridor once again. My humanity side eventually win and I decided to inspect the source of the voice.

 

“If that’s a human, then I’ll check it. If that’s a ghost, then I’ll run away as soon as I found it. Alright, you can do it Kim Myungsoo, hwaiting!”, I say to encourage  myself.

 

After following the voice with my instict for a while, I finally arrives in front of an abandoned restroom. The sobs getting even harder with some choke between it as laughs becoming the backsound. There I see two male students being bullied by a gang of hooligans. One of them is dunked into a dirty toilet while the other one is rolling himself on the floor as the rest of the gang kick him hard on his whole body.

 

“So funny, I don’t think that you should’ve tried your luck, moron. Now you sadly end up being our prey here”, say a boy mockingly before landing another kick on the poor guy’s jaw.

The other laughs at his comment. Somehow this reminds me with the guys that I met in front of Sungjong’s class back then. Does this school only contains bullies and hooligans in it? Their behaviours are not like a scholar from an elite school at all!

 

I’ve been secretly watching their activity for a minute and I can’t take it anymore. I might be scared of ghost and any other supranatural things, but a bunch of hooligans never scares me at all. I’m walking out from my hideout and standing right in front of the restroom’s door as if I’m challenging those guys. One of them noticing my presance and telling his friends to stop.

“Guys, check this out! Seems like we got another challenger today”

The rest of them are almost stopping their activity at the same time before turning their head at me. The first guy who noticed me walking towards me until both of us are facing infront of each other.

 

“Why are you bullying those guys?”, I asked him while suppressing my anger.

“Why should you know?”, answer him nonchalately, “And who are you mr. Flower Boy? Aren’t seniors supposed to study well in their class right now?”, he says after looking at my tie which colour is red, for seniors only.

“I believe that all students are having the same responsibility for studying”

“Then why don’t you learn that you’re already crossing someone’s territory?”

 

Suddenly his right arm already extended towards me as he’s trying to lay a punch on my side jaw without any warning. I had to admit that he’s quite annoying for suddenly attacking me, but fortunately I got fast reflex that makes me able to blockit a few seconds before his fist lands on my face. Seems like my counter attack wasn’t predicted by him as he loose his concentration, which is an advantage for me to grab his fist and slam him hard on the floor. A loud bam echoing through the restroom followed with a cracking bone sound and groans right after his thin body hit the hard surface beneath me while his friends mouth are gaping as they saw it right in front of their eyes. Just like in action movies, most of the rest of them are trying to beat me mercilessly while a couple of coward run away to their leader and reporting the whole situation. It doesn’t bother me though, I’ve been having the same situation back in Japan actually.

 

A couple minutes later all of the challanger are laying on the floor with bruises around their body while I only got a few small scratches around my face. Although I’m not injured, those guys really made me used all of my energy to beat them all that I’m not sure if I could handle another guy anymore after this. I hear a couple faint sounds of footsteps getting closer to me while I’m trying to maintain my breath. I’m focusing my ear on it and preparing myself for another battle. But then, I see figure of someone who I wished to met on the last place as he coming out from a corner in the room. I don’t like this kind of truth, yet I can see that more than dislikes in this guy’s eyes when he sees me in such a place.

 

“Kim Myungsoo? What are you doing here?”, ask the slim figure with pretty small face whose also my bestfriend’s younger brother with annoyance in his voice. Whatever it is, he looked pretty undelighted with my appearance. I never thought that this young man could pull such an expression on his face when I met him for the first time though.

“The same question goes to you, Lee Sungjong. What are you doing in the middle of the class hour with these hoodlums?”, reply me to the younger guy who seems pissed off by now.

“That’s none of your business, jerk”, he says as he sends deathglares at me, “ Anyway, I don’t think my friends here need to hear another crap from your mouth anymore, so let’s settle this outside”, continue Lee Sungjong while clenching his teeth as he walks out from the room while bumping his shoulder on mine. I’m rolling my eyes at his childish behaviour, but in the end I’m still wondering about his relationship with the hooligans that I fought a moment ago, so I decided to tail after him.

 

He brought me out of the rotten building as we arrives at an abandoned garden which located next to the school’s old building. The place itself have this of gloomy and dark feel eventhough it’s still noon by now. Although the garden has a bad impression at the first glance, I realize that it have a lot of colourful beautiful wild flowers which grows near a pond in the middle of it. The garden in front of the new school building is far prettier actually, but this kind of natural beauty makes me want to take a lot of pretty pictures from it. I was still mesmerized by the garden when Lee Sungjong suddenly turns around and facing me with his annoyedexpression which reminds me of our postponed conversation.

 

“I’m asking you once again, what were you doing in that place? Were you lost your way in that castle like school? It’s not like you’re looking for me while you’re taking a trip around your new environment, weren’t you?”, ask Lee Sungjong confidently. I’m making this puking facewhen I heard him accusing me for looking for him. It is actually true because I was wondering about the secret that he might hide from Sungyeol. But when he said that, he makes me loose my intrest in a second.

“What makes you feel so confident? We just met yesterday, why would I do that?”, I say in denial while he smiles mockingly at me when he heard my statement.

“Normally students won’t eager to know what’s inside of the old building of the school. It’s either they’re forced to explore it or they lost their way when they’re trying to find their class”, he says as he tease me.

“Like I can’t explore it by my own will”

 

He scoffs this time as he looking down at me, “Whatever, I don’t like to waste my time for someone loke you so I’ll just say it once”. His eyes turned serious as his voice tone getting lower at the time, “Forget what you see today and don’t you dare to tell what happened in the restroom back then to my brother”

I’m raising one of my eyebrows, “Why? Are you scared if your big brother know that his dear little brother isn’t as good as he thought?”

“That’s my own business. If you dare to try, I’m gonna make you shut your mouth forever and ruin your life forever”

“Whoaa..., scarrryy. You think I’m gonna fall for that?”

“Watch your mouth jerk, ‘cause you’re going to suffer as long as you stays in my house”, end Sungjong as he walks away from the garden and gone into the school’s old building once again.

 

“You think I’m scared of you? I’m still telling Lee Sungyeol about this when I get back to your house tonight!”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

sorry for another late short update, thanks for everyone who subcribes and comments :3