Part One

Where You Belong

 The dorm was silent, an unusual state for a place that housed a large crowd of young, hyper boys. The silence normally got to Eunkwang but today he was grateful for the peace. He pulled at the damp hem of his shirt with a heavy sigh and lifted it above his head, letting it fall to the ground.

 

“It's not like you to leave clothes lying around.” Eunkwang screeched in terror, turning faster than his tired body was prepared for. His bare foot found his sweat slicked shirt and before he could catch himself he hit the ground with a deep thud. “Aish! What are you doing?” Jihoon stared down at Eunkwang's shirtless form with a bit of a smirk. The leader was dirty, sweaty, and obviously worn out.

 

“I'm taking you out.” Eunkwang huffed a bit and extended a hand towards the taller, cleaner man. “I'm tired, we were practicing football with Doojoon-hyung and he was...rough.” Jihoon laughed at the way Eunkwang's face twisted just so and helped him to his feet.

 

“It's perfect then, because I promise to be gentle.” Eunkwang chuckled nervously at the soloist's joke and punched his arm with what little strength he has left. “You should probably... shower first or something.” Jihoon scrunched his nose, shoving his same-aged friend into the bathroom before he could protest. Eunkwang tried to shout back something unintelligible but Jihoon slammed the door in his face. “I'll get you a change of clothes, Eunkwangie, so hurry up! I don't have all day.” There were light grumbles behind the door followed by the sound of running water.

 

The clothes Jihoon had picked out were light and simple, just an old, light blue v-neck that had been worn too many times and a pair of khaki shorts that came just above the knees and he wished were a little looser. When Eunkwang had complained about the tightness Jihoon had told him the shorts made his look fantastic and Eunkwang had shut up, blushing furiously, and left the shorts on. Eunkwang could feel the eyes of their fans as they walked down the busy Cheongdam streets but he wasn't sure if they were on him or the handsome man next to him.

 

“Jihoon-ah, where are we going?” Jihoon sidestepped to close the space between them and gripped Eunkwang's waist loosely. “Wouldn't you like to know, darling?”

 

Eunkwang would be lying if said he didn't love the cute pet names Jihoon had taken to calling him. If he was being entirely honest he wished that those words had more feeling behind them. The way that Jihoon smiled down at him now though, so caring and warm, would always be enough. Eunkwang broke the brief eye-contact he had made to stare off, feeling too much like a teenage girl for his liking.

 

“You want me to buy you that?” Eunkwang hummed to Jihoon's question before his eyes had fully focused. Apparently Jihoon thought he was staring at the street vendor selling ice cream. He definitely wanted Jihoon to buy him that. Jihoon's grip tightened somewhat as he steered Eunkwang towards it.

 

“Don't be shy, you deserve it for working so hard lately, Leader-nim.”

 

“Yah, I can buy my own Ice Cream.” Jihoon ignored him pointedly, ordering red bean sherbert for them without a second thought.

 

“I told you I'd take you out, right? I always pay for my dates.” The stare the vendor gave the two of them as he handed over the ice cream to what he assumed was two men on a date made Eunkwang's skin crawl. The weight of Jihoon's arm, his closeness, it all felt heavy under the judgment. Jihoon seemed unfazed, handing Eunkwang his portion with his usual chiperness.

 

“Don't worry about someone like that. He just can't understand how much we love each other right?” Eunkwang's heart skipped harder than the time he forgot to eat before practice and ended up sodium deficient.

 

“Don't say things like that!” It was more for Eunkwang's sanity than the fact that he actually wanted Jihoon to stop being cute and affectionate to him. Jihoon seemed to think it was better for both of them if he continued. He pulled the BtoB member down onto a bench, almost onto his lap, and pinched his cheek.

 

“Don't you love me, sweetheart?” Eunkwang turned bright red, a color that was quickly becoming normal for him.

 

“You're very cute when you're nervous, you know?” Eunkwang tapped his companion's leg playfully and laughed so lightly it was lost on the sound of the busy street in front of them. Jihoon draped a long arm around the smaller man's shoulders as if it belonged there and they consumed the rest of their treat without another word, the city nothing but a relaxing buzz around them.

 

Eunkwang had just finished his last bite when Jihoon stood, stretching just enough that his linen button down exposed pale, muscular hip.

 

“Are you ready to- oh... you have some here.” Jihoon bent down, wiping at the side of Eunkwang's mouth with soft fingertips. What hesitation Jihoon lacked Eunkwang more than made up for with his staggered half-breaths.

 

“You need a girlfriend.” Eunkwang didn't mean to blurt the words out but at the moment his brain seemed to have failed him. Jihoon shook his head as if Eunkwang was being an idiot and waited patiently for him to stand.

 

“Anyway, ready to go?”

 

“There's more?” Eunkwang could already feel his over-worked legs shaking a bit beneath him at the thought of walking somewhere else. The sun would be setting soon and he was hoping to be back laying around by now. There was a large hand pushing on his back, rough but playful.

 

“C'mon, you're the one who wanted the food. I planned on something entirely different.” The master vocalist let out a pitiful groan unfitting his powerful voice but followed his friend regardless. Jihoon looked back on him, brows knit in concern and lips pulled into a tight line.

 

“Are you really that tired?”

 

“It's ok, I'm not that tired. I want to see what you have planned.” A passerby knocked into Eunkwang's shoulder with some comment about kids lacking respect. The idol mumbled an unheard apology that was cut short by Jihoon lacing their fingers together and pulling Eunkwang to his side once again.

 

“Don't apologize, just stand close to me, right where you belong.”