*{ O1 } Someone's Watching You...

Fragile Memories
{ c h a p t e r O1 } Someone's Watching You...
{ POV } Reader&Narrator's
▬▬▬
'Falling in love was the easy part; but, BEing in love is the hard part.'
▬▬▬

My head spun, everything was a blur... But I still remembered him.

I told myself, over and over again, that he was gone. Not of this world. Gone. You can always trick someone's mind— but not their heart.

My heart ached for his touches that I can no longer remember. My mind told me to scream and holler out his name, hoping that he will come back to me. My heart clenched at the sight of his old and faded photos. These feelings only brought me insomnia...

I sometimes wondered why was I the one in pain? Why not him? But these questions only brought me back to the beginning.

He is nothing of this world...

-

Love at first sight...

Silly.

Who would believe in love at first sight, anyways?

She definitely didn't.

That was until she had experienced it herself.

It was the year two-thousand-and-two when she had first met him— near her aunt's summer home, located by the great, big, and blue lake.

“Lee _____, 15.” She read her words aloud as she wrote them down in her journal (formerly known as 'diary'). “Hot, sweaty, weird smelling...” She shielded her eyes from the eye-blinding rays of the sun as she her index finger and pointed it up in the air. She sighed, looking back down at her journal and fountain pen. “No wind,” she said as she completed her list on the weather, just as her mother had instructed her to do.

A big gush of wind suddenly blew against her, flipping the pages of her journal. “I jinxed everything again, didn't I?” _____ puffed up her cheeks, crossing out the words 'no wind' and replacing it with the words 'strong winds from time to time'.

“_____-ah!” Her aunt appeared at the door, shaking her head with crossed arms. “Why don't you go to Jung Ah's? She's a very nice girl.”

“I'm fine.” _____ returned to her journal, flipping it to the back. “Why would I want to befriend a mean girl?” She mumbled under her breath.

“Hey! Do you like OLIVES?”

______ slowly turned around to see where the just-matured voice had come from. She came faced-to-faced with a rather 'Chinky' boy.

“Uhh...” _____ stood up and dusted her pants off. “No I don't?”

His excited face soon turned into a 'I'm-So-Bored' one. “Good. I don't either.” He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked around as he whistled. “The name's Jay. Jay Park.” He turned back to face her. “Who're you? You're not from around here are you?”

_____ shook her head. “I'm visiting my aunt for the summer.” She took out her hand. “My name is _____ Lee.”

“I see...” He took hold of her hand and smirked. “Today, you'll be having some fun with me.” He winked and started pulling her to some unknown destination.

Jung Ah stared out her window, eying the two new friends. Her eyes were full of jealousy and hatred.

-

_____ stared at her surroundings. It looked like the forest that came straight out of the Twilight Saga. 'Is he going to confess that he's a vampire and that he wants to eat me?!?' _____ eyes widened, scared of the thought.

Jay suddenly emerged from a thick bush. He walked up to her, hands behind his back. “Guess what I've got?”

“What?”

He shoved something furry into her face. “Its name is Jeremy. Isn't he cute?” Jay wiggled the white bunny and rubbed the bunny against his cheek.

“A bunny?!? You mean you're not going to bite me in the neck and tell me that you're a vampire?!?” She covered , only to realize it was too late.

Jay raised a brow. “You read too much books, nerd.”

“Yah!” _____ pouted and glared. “You take that back!”

Jay blew a raspberry. “If you can catch me, that is.”

'Such an immature sixteen year old.' She sighed and started running after Jay.

-

That was how we met.

The connection between us was just a mere 'let's-be-friends-because-I-have-nothing-better-to-do'....

Until one day...

-

Everything was silent, except for the sound of splashing water. Birds chirped and fluttered away as leaves rustled in the warm August wind. There were little to do and little to see. The duo continued sitting by the lake, moving their legs back and forth. _____ stared at her pale and skinny legs disappear underneath the blue water and reappear as it surfaced.

“Hey.... _____?” Jay broke the silence, turning his head to face _____. His lips were in a tight line. “I have something to ask you...” She nodded. Jay looked into her brown orbs. “But first, you must promise to still be my friend – no matter how weird this question is,” he said as he held out his right pinky. She hooked her pinky with his and touched thumbs. Jay's lips formed in a smile, revealing a row of white teeth. He quickly leaned in and kissed _____ on the lips and leaned his forehead against her's.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He whispered, blowing cool air against her face. _____ blushed and nodded, her fingers lingering on her lips.

-

After all the kisses and hugs, Jay and I became official. But ever since then, I started having an uneasy feeling. A feeling where your stomach starts getting tied into knots and you not knowing why. Whether I was with Jay or alone, I would feel as if someone was watching me... with hatred. But back then, those were just small matters that I didn't care about... because Jay was by my side.

Happy days were sure to come to an end... And for me, it happened very quickly... Very quickly...

All I can say is that I knew I was right. Someone HAD been watching me... and I know who.

▬▬▬

Chapter one completed ;) One more chapter to go :D
Took me five days to write such a sort chapter *palmface* x___x
But please comment♥ So I know there's people out there reading this.
Thanks for reading :]

Ciaozors for Nowzors;
♥ ` ami jan242O1O