End

It's okay not to be okay

Some nights, Hakyeon isn’t sure how long he can keep going. And it’s on those nights where he climbs onto the rooftop of their dorm alone and huddles his knees close to his body as he lets out a tired sigh.

He loved his job, honestly. Even with all the drama and stress from their daily schedules, his passion for dance and making people happy keep on growing with each passing day. However, as much as he likes the bright stage lights, sometimes they blind him and make him forget who he really is. He swears, he never feels more alone than when he's on camera even if he's in a crowded place full of people.

Hakyeon likes to make-believe that he’s strong enough to face the world. The truth is, he isn’t; because no matter how wide he spreads his fingers, his hands will always be too small to catch all the pain he wants to heal, including his own. Being there for the other members came with the job description of being the group’s leader. He’s more than grateful that he is able to help comfort someone in their time of need. But sometimes, he wishes someone else would do the same for him. Contrary to what you might think, Hakyeon is actually as fragile as a porcelain doll, if not more. He falls apart at the slightest of touches and always needs to keep glue in his back pocket to fix himself. If you look very closely, you could notice numerous cracks of all shapes and sizes running along the surface of his mask. However, with a dab of makeup and a bit of acting, they’re almost invisible to the eye.

Or at least, he thinks they’re invisible from the sight of others; but not to Taekwoon. From the beginning when they were trainees, Taekwoon had always been the closest member to Hakyeon. Whilst everyone else was oblivious to his pain, he could look right through the front Hakyeon was putting up and see the damaged boy inside. As annoying and obnoxiously affectionate Hakyeon is, he was still the reason why none of them had given up hope on their dreams yet. If any of the younger members felt homesick, he was always there to willingly let them cry on his shoulder and find comfort in his warm embrace. Even Taekwoon, who is as stubborn as on ox when it comes to showing vulnerability, goes to him for advice and solace on certain matters. Most of the time though, he just plops himself down next to Hakyeon and rests his head on Hakyeon’s shoulders, mumbling out ‘’I’m tired’’ and it would suffice.

So on those nights where he knows Hakyeon’s up on the roof, sighing to himself, Taekwoon joins him, letting him know that it’s okay to sigh and feel exhausted at times. He wraps his arms around the elder’s torso, whispering ‘’it’s okay’’ in his ear over and over again so that Hakyeon knows it’s okay for him to fall down. It’s okay for him to be full of flaws, it’s okay for him to break into a million pieces and it’s okay for him to not be okay;because sometimes, the world was too much to handle, even for Cha Hakyeon.