Closer Than Ever

I Did it For Them

-Before-

A loud crash wakes me up, "Can you be anymore irritating, Huang Zi Tao?," I hear Jong Dae spit. 

   I groan and sit up from the bed. The sun is peaking through the white curtains, giving the concealed room a bit of light. I get up and shuffle my way to the living room. 

   "I'm so sorry hyung! I didn't mean to drop your speakers," I see Tao on his knees, trying to help Jong Dae salvage what's left of the utterly destroyed speakers. 

   "What's going on?" I ask as I bend down to help the two pick up the pieces. 

Jong Dae huffs and smacks our hands away, "Just leave me alone."

   I stare at him and Tao stalks away. I push my dark hair from my eyes and get up to get something to eat. When I enter the kitchen I see Yi Xing and Lu Han fuming at each other. They don't notice that I have entered and grabbed a banana. 

   "Luhan, don't you think what you said about Tao's skin a bit unsensitive?" Yi Xing grimaces. 

   "I said nothing wrong. Anyway, it was just for a quick laugh. I bet when the fans see it they'll agree with me." Lu Han retorts. 

   "A quick laugh? Are you kidding me? There was nothing funny about Tao's "dark skin". You really hurt his feelings."

   "Oh my god Yi Xing, why can't you just give this up? Tao didn't tell me my words are so harsh, so why are you?", Lu Han gets up to leave. 

   "Hey, I'm not done talking to you..." Yi Xing starts as he follows Lu Han to their shared room. 

   I am only half way done eating my banana but I feel like I can't take another bite. I throw it out and chug down water. When has it gotten this bad? Why has the group start fighting so constantly? I rub my face hard enough to the point I'm sure it's red. What kind of leader am I? I can't even tell them to stop quarreling over the tiniest things. I guess I'll just have to consol with Joon Myeon when we get back to Seoul. 

   As the day goes on the manager tells us to pack things up to go back to Korea. Of course the members nit pick at each other's flaws and grimace at one another through out the day. All I can do is sigh and shake my head. Once we land we are bombarded with screaming fans. I see Tao clutch onto the the closest person in front of him, which is Jong Dae. He looks back and notices it's Tao and he shrugs off his grip. Tao frowns but doesn't complain. 

   "Ouch! Watch yourself Yi Xing." Min Seok hisses, next to me. 

   "I'm sorry I'm being pushed around by fans and can't help but fumble around." Yi Xing says sarcastically. 

   Min Seok just rolls his eyes and walks faster to get to Lu Han. I look over to Yi Xing and he has a tired look on his face. He looks at me and mouths, we need to talk. I nod and we enter the van that will take us to the rest of the members. The ride was silent, which was best. It seems like we can't even communicate with out being ticked off at what one of us has to say nowadays. 

   When we get to the dorm none of the Korean members are out to greet us or help carry luggage in. As we enter the dorm I see Se Hun, Chan Yeol, and Jong In on the couch watching a soccer game, eyeing each other. They don't look at us as they murmur a hey. Kyung Soo pops his head out of the kitchen and yells a quick hi and goes back to do what he was cooking. I immediately go to Joon Myeon's room to talk to him about our group's situation. 

   I feel someone grab my arm and I turn around, "What is it Yi Xing?"

   "We are supposed to talk, remember? He arches his right eyebrow. 

   "I remember, just not now. I need to speak with Joon Myeon." I pull away and leave him. He doesn't try to stop me but I hear him sigh. He can wait. 

   I walk into Joon Myeon's room and he is on his laptop with Baek Hyun at his feet playing on his iPhone. 

   "Hey Kris! When did you get here?" Baek Hyun asks, putting his phone in his pocket. 

   "Just a few seconds ago. Do you mind leaving so I can talk with Joon Myeon alone?" I ask. 

   "No I don't. I guess I'll just go mess with Yi Xing hyung." He grins and walks out the room. 

    Joon Myeon senses my tension and taps the empty spot next to him for me to sit down,"What's wrong, hyung?"

   "Everything. My members... They aren't acting like members. More like uncontrollable teenagers. I don't know what to do."

   "I know how you feel, Wu Fan. But the thing is we can't control them. Just let them do whatever. They'll consol with each other in no time. Don't you see my members? They're fine." He grins at himself.

   "Are you kidding me? Just let them do whatever? That must by why your members are worst than mine." I grimace.

   "Excuse me? What are you taking about?" He asks, offended. 

   "You seriously don't see it, Joon Myeon? Se Hun is always acting up when he doesn't get what he wants. Jong In and Chan Yeol are always bickering about the smallest things and Kyung Soo can't even look at Baek Hyun with out wanting to strangle him." I explain. 

   "You must be seeing stuff." He declares. 

   "Well you must be blind." I get up and walk out the room. 

   I hear him mumble something and I don't care. What am I supposed to do now? The one member I thought I could consol with is now probably my worst enemy. We were the last two to get truly along. At this point I'm threatened to think that EXO will not be one anymore. Maybe it's because our different views. Now that we've debut and won countless awards, there isn't much left to strive for. Yes the fans are enough to make us happy but are they enough to keep us together? I shake my head, I need to find a way to keep us all one. 

   I go find Yi Xing to ask him what he wanted to talk about. I find him under Baek Hyun, who is tickling him, "Baek Hyun stop! It hurts! Stop!"

   "No! This is too fun." Baek Hyun laughs. 

   Yi Xing groans and stops fighting, "Why don't you leave him alone, Baek Hyun?"

   "You're ruining the fun, Kris." Baek Hyun declares as he gets off Yi Xing. 

   Yi Xing gives me a look that screams thank you. Baek Hyun leaves and I go to sit down next to my Chinese member, "So, what was is you needed to talk about?"

   "Gege... I don't know how start... Uhm...", he looks down to his hands, "I... I can't stand being in this group anymore..."

   I look at him with surprise. He isn't like a person who would say that out loud, "Why do you feel this way." I know the answer already but I just want him to confirm it.

   "Don't tell me you don't know. Haven't you seen the way we all have been treating each other? I don't want to be a bad person but I can't help but talk back to the members. It's just getting too much." He hides his face in his hands, in fustration. 

   "I know how you feel, Yi Xing. But you can't just leave the group because these little fights. I bet it's all just a faze every group goes through." I say, not knowing who I am trying to reassure, myself or him. 

   "Faze? All this non stop fighting is a faze?", he scoffs, "What happens if this faze will never end?"

   "All fazes end, no doubt. We can't just automatically leave the group. Think about the fans. Leaving won't fix anything." I put my hand on his shoulder. 

   He looks at me and he has the same tired expression from the airport. He sighs, gets up, and walks away without saying a word. 

   "Dinner is ready!" Kyung Soo yells. 

   "Isn't it too early to eat?" I hear Jong In mumble. 

   "I don't want kimchi fried rice..." Se Hun whines. 

   "I'm not eating what you made." Baek Hyun declares. 

   I walk into the living room where most of the members are. Everyone is sitting alone, not communicating. 

   Kyung Soo storms out of the kitchen, "What did you say, Baek Hyun?"

   "You heard me, I'm not eating what you've made." Baek Hyun repeats. 

   "Why you..." Kyung Soo darts forward to latch onto Baek Hyun. Before anyone could stop him, he has a fist full of Baek Hyun's hair and Baek Hyun has a fist full of his. 

   Curse words are thrown all over the room. I run over and grap Kyung Soo away while Chan Yeol pulls Baek Hyun.  

   "Stop it the both of you! What is your problems?", I yell, "Now everyone is going to eat what Kyung Soo has worked hard on for us." 

   No one moves and just stares at me, "Go, now!" They all get up and stalk to the kitchen. 

   "Isn't Kris an almighty leader..." I hear Jong Dae mumble. I just ignore him and let go of Kyung Soo. He whispers a thank and I nod. We all eat in silence. 

   This can not go on. I vow that I will do anything to keep us together. 

 

-After-

   They all hate me now. They all despise me now. They even blocked me from their social accounts. But that's okay because they have a common hate that will keep them together. My former manager has told me that they've stopped fighting and now are acting more like a group. He said that they area even closer than before. They've made a pact to never let another member "betray" them again. I'm glad. Now they'll be together, happy.. Even if I don't get to be with them, I'm fine with that. I'll be the one hated so they can still be one. I know that I'm the only one that would not regret leaving, even if it was for the reason I have for.

   Maybe in the near future I will tell them why I left, but for now I'll be the bad guy. The guy that left his group. 

   EXO, saranghaja!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Woah. This is not what I'm used to writing. This makes me sad but happy at the same time, haha. Please comment down below if you enjoyed reading~