ROUND 1: CASINO ROYALE

Pocket of Stories - (Writing Contest)

Round 1: Casino Royale

 

 lol lol lol lol lol 

 

How To Play:

1) Each contestant will be assigned to a “round table” and they will compete against the other 4 or 5 people there. The password for this round is QUEEN OF HEARTS.

2) Each table will then be dealt 5 “cards”. Contestants must pick at least 2 out of these 5 “cards” as elements to incorporate into their story.
example) Contestant A is seated at table 1 and the “cards” available are: kaistal (pairing prompt), High School!AU (setting prompt), The Day Before by Nell (song/lyrics prompt), “In the end, we’ll all become stories” - Margaret Atwood (quote prompt), and an AUTHOR’S CHOICE. From these given “cards”, Contestant A chooses to use 1 pairing prompt card (kaistal) and the AUTHOR’S CHOICE, meaning that they have chosen to use a prompt of their own.

3) The JUDGES will be giving the contestants 1 additional card via pm. The type of card (ie. setting, genre, pairing, etc.) may be requested by the contestan themselves but this card must be an aspect to be contained in their story.
example) Contestant A has requested a genre card from the judges and received an angst card. Henceforth, Contestant A’s “hand” may look like this: kaistal, AUTHOR’S CHOICE, angst

4) The winner of each roundtable will advance onto the next subround and will also be given an additional AUTHOR’S CHOICE card. This will continue until there is only one final champion left.

 

Rules for Entering:

1) Must comment below with the password (this is just to ensure that you have read the rules) and tell us if you would like to enter

2) Must have your pm open. Basically, if your account is on private or set to “friends only”, befriend one of the judges (at least until end of this round lol).

3) Must have your entry complete by AUGUST 20, 2014. No exceptions unless you have talked to one of the judges first! (Refer back to the guidelines in the foreword for rules on extensions.)

4) There will be no “swapping cards” between contestants or roundtables. Please do not even try as we will find out and your entry will be disqualified.

5) Contestants are allowed to tell each other what “cards” they possess. This will not affect the contest results and will not hinder your chances in advancing to the next round. 

 

 

 

***Round tables and cards will be assigned as soon as we have enough contestants for this contest! Please stay tuned for more details and shoot us a pm if you have any questions or concerns (。◕‿◕。)/*・゜゚・*☆