Beauty is Fame.

Beauty is Fame.

General Author's Note: This story is a little different that normal stories in that it has continuous flash backs separated clearly, but goes straight back to real time. It may get a little confusing but it's the style I chose, kind of like an experimental story. Nothing is accurate as it is all fictional, and in no way do the idols have any issues or behaviours like the ones in this story. Anything explicit is also purely fictional. Thank you. I hope you enjoy, I guess. Don't be a silent reader and let me know what you thought in the comments~^^


The lights dashed past her eyes that couldn’t stay open. As the sound of the trolley continued down the hall, its sound was hidden beneath the shrieks of cries of the fans that couldn’t stop, not even for a second. Her body was numb and her head was banging. She couldn’t control her organs and felt down her legs the fear that had taken over, followed by even louder cries of distraught. It went silent all of a sudden when she could hear the sound of a beep, a long, straight beep.

Her eyes were forced open when the jolts of electricity passed through her. Beep. Beep. Beep. A constant trail of noises. So she had failed, had she? She looked up and stared at a masked man’s face whose angry eyes glared down at her. She was handed a mask, and her identity was stripped away as a needle, she felt, was inserted in her veins in her hand.

She woke up hours later, hearing the muffled shrieks and screams from a distance. It was then that she began sobbing, wishing for someone to take her away from the world. She opened her eyes to the bright light of a white hospital room that stank of chlorine. Her nostrils flared and the tears burned at her eyes. She looked at her hand and watched the blood drain out of her. She looked at her other and watched new blood enter. She gasped and realised she couldn’t move. She stared ahead and saw silhouettes of people upon people, each hammering down the door to no avail. The fans, she knew, would never leave her.

She fell back into a deep, uncomfortable sleep and woke again to her husband standing over her bed. Lu Han. She could only blink to force back the tears. He noticed that she had woken her and glared down at her hands. She didn’t really hear what he said before he broke the vase that held red roses he bought her. Straight after, he walked out. Maybe she couldn’t allow herself to remember the words he yelled. She wept and wept till the unconsciousness stole her yet again.

When she came to again, Zhang Yixing was sat at the end of her bed, singing a soft song. He spun around to check on her and sobbed to see her blink back at him. She felt she had energy to look at her hands again. The tubes full of blood were gone, but smaller ones were inserted into her. Yixing held her hand from beneath and bent down to kiss her forehead, muttering words of love and comfort. But she only wanted Lu Han. It was too late. She had, after all, become unfaithful.

 

 

“The famous model Seo Joohyun who uses the stage name Seohyun has been taken to hospital after a suspected heroin overdose. She is currently in a stable condition. It comes after rumours she and Lu Han, the famous Chinese actor have filed for a divorce due to an apparent affair with singer Zhang Yixing. All sides previously denied the rumours, informing all that their relationship is fine. Zhang Yixing’s company, Lilac Hope, will be prosecuting those responsible for spreading rumours due to defamation of character. However fans have posted pictures of Zhang Yixing at the Beijing hospital where Seohyun is currently undergoing emergency treatment and a video of Lu Han storming out has also been circulating. The representatives are yet to comment.”

 

 

12 MONTHS EARLIER

Luhan and Seohyun were walking hand in hand across the red carpet, for the first time revealing their relationship after the news of their secret marriage came out a year earlier. It was the first time they had honestly shown their feelings in public. Seohyun looked flustered and beautiful; a blushing bride. Luhan looked content and happy, escorting his wife to the paparazzi.

“This is the first time you two have gone public, right?” The commentator of the night asked brightly. Luhan and Seohyun giggled.

“Yes, this is the first time. We decided we would come together as a couple as this is a movie I have worked hard on for the fans and I wanted to surprise them.” Luhan grinned, waving and bowing at his fans. Seohyun took the mic.

“My dear fans, as you all know this is my first appearance since my yearlong hiatus. I’m happy to announce that five months ago I gave birth to a very healthy girl.” Seohyun grinned. The whole stadium whooped at the top of their voices. The commentator burst into joyful tears. Luhan kissed Seohyun’s cheeks. The couple were truly happy.

 

 

Seohyun was alone the next time her eyes opened. She had briefly heard Yixing explain that he was disallowed to visit because the fans were becoming restless and their affair could not be made public. Yixing’s company were doing all they could to prevent a wide-spread scale of hatred for Yixing. He was the only real success of the company and without him they would fall into an inevitable bankruptcy.

She wanted nothing more but to see her daughter, but since she had been unfaithful for months, Luhan prevented her from seeing her baby, Kyo-Ru. It was entirely her fault. She felt too weak to continue her thoughts. Her body was too frail and distorted.

 

 

11 MONTHS EARLIER

Seohyun had been snapped at three photoshoots in two days, rolling in the money, appearing in dramas as a cameo, asked to carry out advertisements. She was the top model of Asia. Everyone wanted a piece of her. She had even been given chance to appear in Zhang Yixing’s (the top star of China) new music video, “Break the Bed” which was aimed at a mature audience.

On one particular day, she had been asked to read the lyrics of Yixing’s new song. “Let’s break the records- I know you want me, lets break the rhythm, I know you want me, oh y lady, let’s break the bed.” She was asked what she could do to make the music video sensual.

A bed scene full of hot kisses were made. flesh was shown. Yixing and Seohyun couldn’t help but suddenly feel a sudden attraction towards each other.

After the whole ordeal, when the music video came out a week later, Luhan was beyond furious. The music video was so explicit and vivid that even fans turned against Seohyun, calling her a , asking Luhan to divorce her, accusing her of cheating. Fans made rumours that she had slept with him and lots of photo-shop images circulated on the internet. The couple didn’t speak. Seohyun went on a silent hiatus.

 

 

The next time her eyes opened, she was greeted with darkness. For brief moments she was certain she was blind. After all, it was one of the side-effects. She felt sick to the core and did not want to live any longer. She thought of the past. Bile from her liver was stuck in . She panicked. She couldn’t find the energy to throw up. She attempted to call for help but her arms were too weak to reach over to press the emergency button. She passed out. She couldn’t breathe.

 

 

10 MONTHS EARLIER

Seohyun had been seen at nightclubs, seen wearing obscure clothing, secretly filmed arguing with Luhan in public, spotted with Yixing too often. The truth was in fact, Seohyun had begun taking heroin. She was instantly hooked after first throwing up for a whole week. She had been sleeping in shabby hotels secretly, injecting herself with the aid of false friends- and Zhang Yixing.

She went home to see her seven month baby daughter playing with her daddy who did not turn towards her. She was too chilled and emotionless to care. Luhan tried to argue with her but she went straight to bed and couldn’t care any less.

The next morning, Luhan had left her a note. “Gone to the USA to film, taken Kyo-Ru with me. I wanted to tell you last night but it doesn’t matter. I’ll be back in a week. Please, look after yourself.” He had written neatly. Seohyun sniggered, scrunched up the paper and threw it away with a scream. She then invited Yixing and his heroin friends over for the next week.

 

 

“Top Model Seohyun was found by doctors this morning not breathing. Doctors managed to resuscitate her and she is reported to be in an unstable condition. Complaints by fans are asking why she wasn’t monitored carefully. The CEO of Beijing Hospitals has said he will be looking into the matter and is disappointed with his staff. They have been dealt with appropriately according to the hospital officials. Meanwhile, Zhang Yixing took to his private page to leave a suspicious message, ‘I’m sorry’, which has caused outrage on social media websites.”

 

 

NINE MONTHS EARLIER

Seohyun was invited back to model for Coca Cola to promote their new drink for the whole of Asia. She was completely numb due to taking heroin that morning and had slapped on lots of makeup to hide the marks on her arm from the needles. When she arrived at the photo-shoot and screening test, Luhan and Kyo-Ru had made a surprise visit after he had stayed in the USA for a month, longer than he and Seohyun expected.

She embraced him before she disappeared to change. Luhan knew there was something wrong but remained all smiles with his daughter and wished everyone good luck by providing everyone with drinks and snacks before leaving.

Seohyun had gone home for that day and missed all of the photo-shoot and filming. She had passed out in the changing room but had woken up before anyone noticed and went home, ill. Luhan was furious. He was completely annoyed by her. She had gone thinner, unhealthy and white. Her appetite, he realised as he cooked for her, had practically vanished. However he did bribe her with chocolate.

Half an hour after feeding her, he went upstairs to their bedroom to check on her, but found her forcing herself to throw up in the bathroom. Luhan was worried sick and secretly took her to the hospital. After a few mental-health checks, they told Luhan she suffered from suspected bulimia and depression.

 

 

Luhan visited Seohyun that day, after the news reports came out. She was in no condition to breathe by herself. Her lungs were still partially blocked so the machines breathed for her till her body naturally coughed up and removed the liquid from her chest. Her whole existence was turned into nothing but a flop.

Luhan stayed by her side for the whole day and night, sobbing.

 

 

EIGHT MONTHS EARLIER

Seohyun was completely depressed. She stayed alone but when she went out, it was at 1am and she always came back dazed, sleepy, unable to speak. Luhan thought it was the alcohol. He was told she couldn’t take antidepressants as it was deemed unsafe due to her condition. He was at a complete loss and knew that taking her to a hospital for a semi-permanent residency would destroy her career as well as his. He also knew she wouldn’t want that if she was in her right mind.

He didn’t know what to do.

It was then that Seohyun and Yixing began seeing each other… ually. Yixing had broken up with his girlfriend publically- for Seohyun. The two were heroin obsessed, daring and insane. They spent most of their time sleeping next to each other.

Luhan always looked for her without being caught by the public and media, so there was very little he could do.

Her condition had considerably worsened. Her body was stick-thin and her face was sunken in. She looked like a zombie and Luhan didn’t want her to leave his sight anymore.

Yet one day, she argued with him and told him all about Yixing, saying that he fulfilled her and that Luhan was nothing for her. Luhan kicked her out of the house.

She didn’t see her daughter after that. Kyo-Ru was sent to Korea to live with her auntie and uncle whilst Seohyun disappeared. Her company secretly (away from the media’s eyes) terminated her contract.

 

 

He sobbed and sobbed until he felt like his heart had broken. He regretted marrying her. He regretted bringing Kyo-Ru into a world where it was unlikely she was see her mother ever again. The woman in front of him was the ghost version of the woman he loved. It seemed to him that her suicide attempt had in fact worked.

 

 

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

“Rumours are circulating that Luhan, China’s top actor and his top-model wife Seohyun have secretly split up after reports of Seohyun being seen with singer Zhang Yixing! According to an insider, Luhan has kicked her out of the house because she had been unfaithful.”

Luhan switched off the TV and rang Seohyun. It was probably the fiftieth that day. No answer.

 

 

Luhan was at home, looking at the divorce papers, wondering if he was doing the right thing. He had called Seohyun’s parents to bring Kyo-Ru to China so she could be raised by him.

Seohyun’s parents wanted nothing to do with their mess of a daughter, and they knew that neither did Luhan.

They knew from Luhan that she had truly cheated with the singer Zhang Yixing. He remembered looking at the fans comments on various articles, most defending her and him, saying that it was absurd and insane.

He felt like crying when he put the phone down on her parents. He wanted to see his daughter badly.

 

 

FIVE MONTHS EARLIER

Seohyun was back in the media’s spotlight for the right reasons after it was found out she was still with her husband, Luhan.

Indeed, she had moved back to her home after mildly coming to her senses. Her bulimia condition had improved- she was eating without throwing up however she was now at the stage she ate probably two grapes and lots of water a day. She was taking supplements but her depression had seriously increased. Luhan found her slicing at her wrists when she spent too long in the bath. He called a person doctor to help her.

“She needs to be taken to a hospital. Her condition is very serious and it seems to me there are signs of drug misuse.”  The doctor had informed Luhan, showing him her arm. He felt sick to the core. He couldn’t take her to the hospital. Only the day after was Kyo-Ru’s first birthday.

The two parents missed it because Seohyun was secretly taken to a secret clinic where she was force-fed for days.

 

 

“Asia’s Representative model Seohyun is reported to have suffered heart-failure and is currently in a very serious operation. Experts doubt whether she will be able to pull through. Luhan updated his Weibo with a very touching image of his and Seohyun’s secret wedding day with a very shocking message, ‘I loved you’. Fans are suggesting that he is referring to their divorce.”

“BREAKING NEWS! Reports from Luhan’s company, Stargazing, confirm that Luhan is indeed filing for a divorce! This comes amongst reports that Seohyun is currently in a life-saving operation where there is a strong doubt of her survival!”

“SCANDAL! Yixing’s account had been hacked and an unedited image of him and Seohyun kissing was seen for two minutes before Yixing took action and took it down! In other news, Luhan is divorcing his top-model wife Seohyun who is currently fighting for her life after overdosing on heroin in an apparent suicide! Insiders tell us she had been suffering from depression and bulimia, however nothing has been confirmed”

 

 

THREE MONTHS EARLIER

Seohyun was back in modelling. She had been helped with her heroin addiction and was currently taking drugs to counteract her addiction, depression and bulimia as well as anxiety. She was being strong with Luhan on her side, but was still secretly seeing Yixing whenever she had the chance. She couldn’t help it.

However, her fan-clubs had built up again miraculously as she had a return with Vogue and had a special appearance at Miss Korea Beauty Pageant.

Things were better at home, too.

“Seohyun, I love you.” Luhan kissed her forehead. “I forgive everything in the past because you weren’t in your right mind.” He continued. The two were in a hotel room in Japan for a couple photoshoot. Seohyun felt terrible and couldn’t lie to her husband, knowing it was time to break up with Yixing.

“Luhan, I’m sorry…” She wept, pushing away from him. “I am still seeing Yixing- BUT I will break it off, I promise, I was weak, Luhan…” Tears fell from her eyes. Luhan gulped and looked away from her, his anger off the scales.

“Seohyun.” He said simply. “I cannot do this anymore.” He finished after long moments, looking at her. “I want a divorce.”

 

 

Luhan held his daughter’s hand as he walked her carefully into their home when all of a sudden, he felt his heart skip a beat.

 

 

ONE MONTH EARLIER

“SCANDAL! Seohyun’s fanclub, SeoMate, has completely disintegrated as fan websites have completely shut down! It comes after evidence that Seohyun has indeed been fired from her company, Cloud Nine! Seoul’s District Court has also confirmed China’s actor Lu Han has filed for a divorce! It has also been revealed Lu Han has full custody of the couple’s daughter, Lu Kyo-ru! What on Earth will happen to Asia’s ex representative model, Seo Joohyun?”

 

 

Luhan had left his phone dead. 30+ miss-calls were on his house phone receiver. He trembled as he placed his daughter in her play room and switched on the television.

“It is absolutely unbelievable. My heart goes out to Lu Han and their poor daughter Kyo-Ru. An absolute shame. Model Seohyun has passed away this morning due to heart failure. We are now in mourning at the model’s sudden, unexpected death…”

Lu Han switched the television off and sat down on his sofa, thinking back of the woman he married. She was dead. He couldn’t think for a moment and began blinking fast, his heart heavy before tears overwhelmed the brims of his eyes. He began sobbing uncontrollably, falling onto the floor in pure distraught, unable to allow his heart to know she had passed on. He began howling in despair, his head in his hands, on the floor, his heart broken.

Kyo-Ru crawled to her father, bewildered at his sudden screaming and crying. She sat next to him, studying him with confusion before bursting into tears.

Lu Han looked at his baby girl, wiping his tears and noticed how much she looked like Seohyun. He picked her up and walked to the phone, calling someone to help him.

 

 

THREE DAYS EARLIER (the day she was taken to hospital)

 

Seohyun was sitting alone, drug-less, in an empty hotel room watching television. She felt her hands trembling and turned the TV off with a struggle. She stood up shakily, feeling hopeless, empty and all alone in the hotel room that seemed as though it would absorb her existence. She hadn’t eaten properly in days and felt way too weak to do anything.

She barely walked to the bathroom. She picked up the bag of drugs she had kept under the bath. She didn’t want to live anymore. She couldn’t cope with how terrible her life was.

She stood by the mirror and thought of Lu Han and her baby, her baby whose face she couldn’t fully remember. She hadn’t seen her daughter in months and felt terrible as a useless mother.

She had failed as a mother to Kyo-Ru, and failed as a wife to Lu Han.

She opened the bag of pilled and emptied the contents in her hand. Without another thought, she swallowed the pills and forced herself to down them all. She began to choke and hurriedly spun the tap, in the water.

In only a few moments, Seohyun collapsed onto the floor, unconscious.