Math class

Math code

No one POV

First period just ended. Jessica and her friends were on their way to math class. On their way there they notice from afar that their class room door was closed and classmates were standing outside.

“Hey do you think we have a sub for Ms. Cho?”

“I sure hope so, I need a break from all those numbers, variables, and formulas.”

“ Yeah.” They all  chorused expected for one.

“ But unnies math is fun.”

“Fun?!”

“ Are you crazy Seohyun?

“Math fun? HA! Since when?”

“But it’s fun to me.”

“Okay, whatever Seohyun.”

Since Jessica calculated that they have a sub and since he/she was not there yet, she decided to decrease her velocity by walking extra ultra slow to conserve her energy.

“Yah! Will you hurry up?”

“What is the rush? The sub isn’t even there yet and I’m tired.” Replied Jessica.

“Unbelievable. We didn’t even walked that far.”

“So.” Jessica glared Taeyeon.

“Aish.”

Once they finally arrive to their classroom, they saw a tall figure looking at them. The figured waved at them and they all waved back except for Jessica.

“Ah, there is Yoona. Sorry unnies but I gotta talk to Yoona about our new history project.”

“Oh. Okay.”

The bell rang signalling that second period begun, but still no sub showed up. To buy time Jessica check her phone for any messages. When checking her mail she felt like all her friends eyes were on her. She look up and saw them grinning and she didn’t have to think why. There is only one reason. To be more specific one person that make them grin like that.

“Hi.” A voice came from behind Jessica

Jessica hiss

“You are not a snake Jess.”

“Shut up Tiff. What do you want Choi?”

“ I just want to ask why are you always so 45 degree angle even when you are mad.”

“ I thought last time you said she was a 30 degree angle, Sooyoung.” Said Sunny.

“ Yeah she is. That is why come she is a 45 degree angle.” Sooyoung smiled and left them to join Yoona and Seohyun.

“ Well, I for one think that was quite sweet and perfect.” Said Tiffany making the rest all nod.

Just then a sub finally came.

“Sorry that I’m late Ms. Cho -.” The substitute's sentence was rudely interrupted by other classmates demanding him to open the door. As soon as he opened the door the students went to their seats.

“As I was saying Ms. Cho (skip). Free day.”

With that said the class went wild. Jessica figure that since she only slept for 11 hours she was deprived of sleep. When she was about to drift off she felt someone poke her arm. When she look up she groan because of who she saw.

“Hey Jessica, did anyone ever tell you that you are integral e to the xy?”

“ What the heck? What is that supposed to mean?”

Sooyoung gave Jessica a toothy mile and said

“Hehe, glad I’m the first.”

“Wierdo.”

“ You know you must be square root of -1 because of how flawless you are.”

“ I’m not in the mood.” Said Jessica as she buried her head back into her arms.

“Tired? You know what? You are like a math book.”

That statement got Jessica attention and made her sit up straight.

“Is that an insult?” Ask Jessica

“ You know math books are always tired and unhappy because they have too much problems.” (borrowed from the Internet).

Jessica gave Sooyoung a bored look and said, “ You make no sense and you are my only problem.”

“ Then let me give the solution to you. It’s me.” Smile Sooyoung.

“Whatever get lost.”

“ Okay integral e to the xy.”

Jessica was trying to go to sleep but something was keeping her up. She wanted to know what  integral e to the xy meant. Too lazy to take out her paper and pencil she tried solving it in her head but it made no sense. Before she knew it the bell rang. Her friends notice that she was drifting off more than usually. Of course they wanted to know why but were afraid so they kept on nudging one another to ask her.

“Hey.”

They all got startled from the sudden loud, cold, and serious tone from Jessica.

“Hey. Are you girls there?”

“Yes?”

“Does anyone know what integral e to the xy mean?” Ask Jessica.

“Huh?”

“Integral e to the what” Ask Hyoyeon.

“ Is it on our next test?” Ask Sunny.

“What does it equal?” Ask Yuri.

“ If I knew, I wouldn’t ask would I?”

“ Ah. Yeah. Sorry.”

“ Why don’t you ask Seo?”

“ Yeah the math freak.” Making them all nod in agreement.

“ Well she is not here, is she?” Respond Jessica.

“ Ummmm, no she not.”

They arrived to their next classroom and a few seconds later Seohyun and Yoona came in.

“ Oh hey Seohyun, Yoona.”

“ Hi, unnies.”

“ Seo what does  integral e to the er .... what was it again?” Ask Taeyeon.

“ Argh.  Integral e to the xy.” Said Jessica.

Just from the sound of it Seohyun knew that this equation was going to be too difficult  to solve in her head. She took out a piece of paper and a pencil.

“ Integral e to the xy” Seohyun mumble out loud.

After writing out the equation Seohyun end up smiling.

“ Why are you smiling?”

“ Told you, a math freak.”

Ignoring the question and rude comment Seohyun ask,

“Unnies who told you this?”

“ Who?” Asked Hyoyeon.

“ Umm.” Was all Jessica could give.

“ You mean it wasn’t on our next quiz/test or even homework?” Sunny ask.

Jessica was quick to defend herself

“ I never said it was.

“ So who was it?”

“ Why does it matter?”

“ I think I know who. Who else could it be?” Said Tiffany

.

It took a moment but soon everyone was grinning expect for Jessica who shot them a deadly glare.

“ What is the answer?”

“ There is no answer. At least I think.” Said Seohyun.

“Undefine!” Hyoyeon excitedly answer.

“Doesn’t exist.” Yuri said.

“Indeterminate.” Sunny.

“Yeah, that is so Sooyoung.” Tiffany said.

“ No, that’s not what I meant.”

“What?”

“ Just write it out unnies.”

“ Why waste paper when there is no answer and you already wrote it.” Answered Taeyeon.

“ Save a tree Seo.” Yoona added.

Seohyun sigh in defeat and she did want to save a tree so yeah she gave the paper to her unnies’ to see. When they all saw it they end up smirking and look at Jessica.

“ Tch. Typically Sooyoung using math to flirt.” Said Sunny

“ Sooyoung unnie is so sweet. Don’t you agree unnies.” Said Yoona.

“ Totally.” They all respond.

“ What are you going to do J-”

Yuri’s question was interpreted when their teacher told them to get their stuffs out because class had started.  

So she thinks I’m integral e to the xy.

“ Why are you smiling Jessica.”

“ Mind your own business.”

“ But I don’t own one.”

“You know what I mean.”

Well maybe I think she’s also integral e to the xy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case you couldn’t understand the math terminologies let me explain. 30 degree angle is an acute angle so when Sooyoung said that Jessica was a 30 degree angle that meant that she thought she looked cute. 45 degree angle is called a perfect angle. Square root of -1 is an imaginary number. And last, integral e to the xy. If you write it out you would understand but if you were too lazy, it spelt y.

I know. It was lame. It was hard coming up with a happy ending and since I was cleaning my math work this idea popped into my head. Thank you for the subscribers.