A Kiss?

Do You Want A Kiss?

Do You Want A Kiss?
 

 

     Once upon a time, there was a boy. This boy was a student in high school, and he was well liked and popular. His circle of friends was well known throughout the school as well, for being handsome, smart, and friendly. 
 

     The boy’s name was Byun Baekhyun.

     “Yo, Baek!” Baekhyun glanced up at some of his friends with a wide smile. “Hey guys!” He jogged up to them, offering a grin that only the school’s heartthrob could have on so early in the morning. They chatted amicably about a soccer match that was on television last night, and then he continued on his way to his locker. 
 

     On his way, guys shouted greetings, teachers gave him smiles, and girls fluttered their fingers and eyelashes at him. 
 

     When he reached his locker, a long arm slung itself around his shoulders, and scoffing, Baekhyun tossed it off. 
 

     “What do you want, Yeol?”
 

     “The gang’s tired of waiting for you, so they sent me over to drag you over.” Chanyeol wrinkled his nose.

 

     “Why do you have so many? It isn’t fair,” he whined, staring at the chocolates overflowing out of Baekhyun’s locker as if he could teleport them to his own. Baekhyun smirked, still managing to look angelic. Chanyeol pointed this out.

 

     “You have this really nice face, man. And you sing well. That’s probably why you get so much attention from females on Valentine’s Day.” Offended, Baekhyun punched his best friend in the shoulder.

 

     “That’s not the only reason, Yeol. Girls just love this.” He pointed at his biceps, hidden by his blazer, and laughed. Chanyeol rolled his eyes, and they both left for their first class. As they stepped in, their friends greeted them, and Baekhyun made his way over to his desk. He gaped silently at the amount of chocolates on the desk. He walked up slowly, smiling in thanks at the giggling girls, wondering if that one girl had left a sweet. Probably not.
 

     Jongin sauntered up to Baekhyun, smirking as always. 

 

     “You’re almost as popular as me, hyung,” Jongin remarked. Sehun, the youngest out of their circle, came up as well.

 

     “Why do girls spend money buying candy for us, hyung?” Sehun wondered, and Baekhyun laughed. “Be grateful for the free food, man!”

 

     Joonmyun and Kyungsoo followed Sehun with Chanyeol, and they greeted Baekhyun cheerfully.

     “Looks like everyone’s in a good mood because of the chocolates,” Joonmyun commented. Jongin cleared his throat, playing with a bag of Hershey Kisses.

 

     “Hey hyung,” he said suddenly to Baekhyun. “I have a dare for you.” Everyone grimaced, and Baekhyun bit his lip. Why me, he wanted to whine. But Jongin would just ignore him if he did.

 

     Jongin pulled out a pink Kiss, twirling it sensually in his fingers. Heck, anything Jongin did was sensual.

 

     “I dare you to take this,” he dropped the Kiss into Baekhyun’s hand.

 

     “To that girl in the corner.” All six of them turned their heads to the girl he was talking about. It was a quiet, shy girl sitting on the end of the first row, with a few of her friends around her, all giggling about some girly thing. Chanyeol smirked.
 

     “She’s cute,” he said offhandedly, and Baekhyun whirled around to face him, alarmed.
 

     Chanyeol was the only one who knew about Baekhyun’s dirty little secret- his crush on the said girl. His best friend had written songs about the “angelic beauty” of the girl- her chest-length caramel curls, her white skin, her large, sincere eyes. Chanyeol had laughed at his friend, but Baekhyun had persisted with his infatuation with miss wallflower. 
    

     Baekhyun pursed his lips, not sure what to do. Should he turn down Jongin with a scoff, or go up to her?
 

     Next thing Baekhyun knew, he was standing in front of miss wallflower with the pink Kiss in his sweating palms, desperately grabbing at the remains of his uncharacteristically lacking courage. Up close, his wondered why he felt this way.

 

     He had fallen for her when he first saw her, not even knowing she was his type until that moment. He had fallen for her when they talked for the first time about his favourite anime. He had fallen for her when she gave him a Hello Kitty band aid and helped him apply it to his paper cut. 
 

     He took a deep breath, and gave girl in front of him a wobbly smile, and she returned it with a dazzling smile of her own. This was it.
 

     “H-hi. Um. This may s-sound weird...but...um...” Baekhyun bit the inside of cheek nervously, and squeezed his eyes shut. He could hear the snickers of his friends, and he could feel the stares of his classmates boring holes into the back of his head. The girl’s friends had fallen silent when he walked up, and they had then slowly inched away from the two with knowing smiles. 
 

     It was now or never.

 

     “Do you want a kiss?”
 

     The girl in front of him stared at him for a while, not knowing what to say, much like the rest of the class. 
 

     Chanyeol glanced at his friends beside him, fighting a laugh at their reactions. Sehun and Kyungsoo had their mouths hanging open like fish, Joonmyun was shaking his head with a smile, and Jongin was grimacing. “I didn’t expect him to do the dare like that,” Jongin muttered, half to himself. 
 

     Baekhyun shuffled closer automatically, half wanting to tell to forget everything, and half anticipating her answer. She eyed the chocolate in his hand, and smiled at him. 
 

     The entire world seemed to hold its breath with him.
 

     “Sure.”
 

     Baekhyun stayed still, wondering if her single word answer was just a figment of his imagination. But before he could control himself, he gave her the kiss he’d wanted to give her so desperately.
 

     Her eyes widened as his lips met her cheek softly.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

     He smiled bashfully, and dropped the pink Kiss on her desk, leaving her in a daze.