Stealers

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"We steal your stolen stuff back to you guaranteed. We are The Stealers. Contact information: Kwon Yuri 210 9046. Business hours: anytime," Sooyoung read the business card out loud.

"Are you sure about this?" Yoona seemed less convinced.

"Yeah! She knows her . I don't know how she does it but she gets it done!"

"Are you sure you're not just tooting your friends horn?" she was skeptical.

"I swear I'm not!" Sooyoung held her hand up like she was pledging the truth.

"How much does she charge?" Yoona took the card from her hands.

"That's the thing, she doesn't take money at all," she shrugged, "says it takes away all the joy."

"Well, since it's free I have nothing to lose," Yoona contemplated her decision, "I guess I'll text her."

"I have class with her next so I'll ask her for you if you want. Save you some trouble."

"Thanks, Youngie."

"Anything for you, my liege."

"Oh god. Please don't bring that up again," Yoona pinched the top of her nose in shame.

"All the more reason to," Sooyoung smiled teasingly.

"Go to class, punk," she shoved Sooyoung's shoulder.

"Would you like your humble servant to do anything else for you, your highness?" the tall girl bowed while stifling her laugh.

Yoona glared at her when their eyes met again and she stomped away.

---

Yoona had a hard time focusing in her art history class. All words went through one ear and out the other yet her pen was going to and fro across her notebook. Funny how her mind could be thinking of Yuri but her hand was taking studious notes.

Yuri, that name was so familiar within her range of vocabulary thanks to Sooyoung yet she couldn't lay a finger on her appearance. Sooyoung just had so many friends that she couldn't put a name to all those faces she's seen here and there when her best friend brought them along.

Yoona was a busy girl which unfortunately drew back her plans when she got her purse stolen by some on her way to work. She needed her company ID to get through the doors and her keys to get into her shared one bedroom apartment with Sooyoung.

Class finally ended and she headed straight for Sooyoung. Her long legs brought her there quickly but it seemed like her best friend’s class wouldn’t get out early so she sat on a bench right outside. Yoona was so engrossed on her phone talking to her co-worker to arrange times where they can meet to let her in, she didn’t notice a rather tanned girl around the same height sit next to her. It was only until a few minutes later when she felt a pair of eyes staring at her that she noticed and looked up.

“Ah! I knew you looked familiar!” the girl clapped.

“Excuse me?” Yoona looked at her strangely.

“You were in that one play for our university, right?” she looked hopeful.

Yoona sighed in her mind and nodded dejectedly.

“Why the long face?” she asked, “I enjoyed watching it. Definitely a great performance,” and smiled.

“Thanks,” Yoona’s voice didn’t come off very grateful.

“Not proud of it?” the girl adjusted her position and gave Yoona her full attention.

Yoona just shook her head, “it was embarrassing,” and blushed.

“Well you have at least one person who thinks otherwise,” the girl tried to cheer her up.

“Thanks,” Yoona smiled.

Sooyoung’s class ended and all the students came rushing out. Yoona’s best friend finally came out and smiled but when she looked to her left, she saw her other friend.

“Yah!” Sooyoung punched the girl’s arm, “You skipped again?!”

“Oww!” she rubbed her arm, “what’s it to you if I did!” she huffed a breath.

“You’re right,” Sooyoung scoffed, “it’s not like you’re going to change anyways,” and rolled her eyes.

“Got that right,” the girl stuck her tongue out.

“I guess you’ve met your next customer,” Sooyoung smiled.

“Huh?” Yoona looked at her confused.

“You guys haven’t introduced yourselves yet?” Sooyoung was a bit surprised.

“Well no need to introduce Your Majesty, Queen Yoona,” the girl giggled, “but I’m Yuri. Kwon Yuri. Nice too meet you, Yoona,” she bowed and extended a hand.

Yoona did the same and smiled, a bit embarrassed that she didn’t know who Yuri was.

“I guess I’m not needed here anymore. I’mma go home now,” Sooyoung began to walk down the hall.

“Yah! I need to go home! I’m hungry too, ya know,” Yoona jogged for her, “did you forget I don’t have keys!”

“Wait for me!” Yuri slug her arms around the slightly taller girls and walked with them.

Yoona was a bit taken aback from Yuri’s laidback personality and kept quiet. She’s never had someone swing an arm around her after first meet and it was quite awkward. They eventually reached the best friends’ house and put their stuff down. Yoona and Sooyoung went straight to the fridge to grab some lunch while Yuri sat on the kitchen counter with her legs dangling.

“So what do you need my help with, Yoona?” Yuri began the conversation.

“I got my purse stolen,” she said after a spoon of yogurt.

“When?”

“Yesterday around 4pm on my way to work at the office,” she explained and offered the girl a yogurt cup which Yuri kindly declined.

“Can you describe the person who stole it?”

Sooyoung threw some rice, kimchi, and other things into a pan and prepared a lunch for three.

“Well dressed, business suit, clean cut, mid twenties, couldn’t see his face,” Yoona tapped her chin.

“Well that’s not your average robber,” Yuri threw her hands into the air like she gave up. “Maybe this man was desperate for your attention or something?”

“Well, he got himself noticed that’s for sure,” Sooyoung scoffed.

“Ah! I think I know who stole your purse,” Yuri snapped her fingers from her enlightenment.

“How? This is a big city,” Yoona didn’t seem very convinced.

“I know people who know people,” Yuri smiled charmingly, “but I can’t do this myself you know.”

“This is where you come in Yoona!” Sooyoung laughed.

“Sounds reasonable enough,” she shrugged.

Yuri smiled again, “now lets get going! We got lots to do before the sun goes down!” she jumped off the counter.

“But I haven’t finished my meal yet,” Yoona was left dumbfounded.

“Alright, you have until I finish my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter