Long Time No See, Babe.

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In celebration of our 1000th subscriber! Yay!

Thanks for helping me reach this milstone even though I'm not as active as before.

Now most of you are probably estatic to see The Babe Series back but don't get too excited! 

 

Your tired body hit the sofa and a loud groan escaped your lips. It had been a long two months since arriving. Right when your foot touched Korean soil, you headed straight to work. White collar attire was not something you were used to and quite frankly it made you feel so out of character and out of place but it had to be done. Your parents were on your back about finding a stable job and you were determined to appease their needs while holding onto your interests.

And that brings you to how you are now, constantly exhausted and always lacking sleep. You couldn't even spend a few minutes to think about the very reason why you decided to come back before another task was thrown into your hands. On the bright side, you had a steady and quite hefty income and got to know all these great people; most namely the top A class celebrities that people only dreamed of meeting.

Your eyes slowly closed and you struggled to open them again. No way we're you going to sleep without taking a shower. So with all the willpower you had left, you dragged your heavy body over to the bathroom and washed up. As the water washed over your exhaustion, your eyes closed as you tried to stop the memories from flooding your mind. What were you thinking when you went back to the same apartment complex and rented the same exact apartment from a year ago? The small hope she'll stop by and return to take a glimpse of your door and hopefully catch you leaving your apartment? What were you kidding yourself for? She's way too busy to take time out of her day to visit what was once a flower but now a memory.

You shook your thoughts away and quickly finished your shower. She's dating that one dude now anyways. Not that you hated him but you weren't too fond of his personality back then. Maybe he's different now? Who knows, you never met him during your last two months here and you never really hung out with him during that time before.

The covers flew over your worn out body and you wasted no time in crawling inside. Hopefully these next four hours of sleep will suffice.

----

Coffee is roasting, toast is burning, birds are chirping, you are groaning. Yup, that's your typical weekday morning. Today was a little different though. This week was Seoul fashion week and you had major clients to connect. Celebrities don’t get all those connects by themselves you know. They have what people call, mediators or a more fancy term, Seoulites. People who connect people and get paid for it.

You dashed out the door, jumped into your 2012 Audi A5 Coupe and wizzed your way to the address your boss texted you. Not the fanciest or latest car, but it was your dream car and that’s all that mattered to you. Not too long after, you arrived at your destination and walked through the heavy double doors of what seemed to be a conference hall.

As if on clockwork, you began chatting with the people around you and saying hi to all the people you knew which consisted of a good 50%. Quite high for someone who just started two months ago. Hard work pays off I guess? Your client for the night was some fashion editor who was interested in connecting with the latest and trendiest idols with a knack for chic fashion. Only one person popped into mind but that person was sadly, unreachable so you smiled at her and lead her towards a good second choice.

A few turns here and there, an elevator up to the rooftop and you finally arrived at the party’s second location.

“Thanks for introducing us,” your client smiled.

“No problem at all, it’s part of why I love this job,” you smiled back.

“Sooyoung, I’d like you to meet Ashley,” you stepped aside and let them greet one another.

“Nice to meet you,” Sooyoung spoke in English and bowed before offering a handshake.

“I’ll let you guys get familiar with each other while I go catch up on a friend,” you bowed and left.

Just as you approached your old buddy from the states, a familiar silhouette caught your eye from your peripheral vision. Your hands quickly balled into fists and your smile got tighter. Careful not to catch the person’s attention you continued your way to your old pal.

“Hey! Nice to see you here!” She came and gave you a hug.

“It’s good to see you too, Brittany,” you hugged her back.

“I can’t believe this is what you get to do everyday. I’m so jealous,” she pouted. “I’m only here for fashion week.”

“Trust me, it get’s a little tiring,” you chuckled, “then again, I’m having my probationary period.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter