Let's Break Up, Babe.

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because everything about this day makes me bitter, I'm posting this today.

Dory Unnie doesn't like S.A.D.... Single Awareness Day

Plus she just half-quit/ half got fired from her job. -.-"

You felt yourself being pulled out of unconsciousness as you heard constant banging at your door. Who dares to disturb your only day to sleep in? This person must have a death wish. After quick thought, you decided to let the banging continue because the bed was far more comfortable than walking in freezing cold Korean Winter weather. Plus you also liked sleeping with the window open, it made the bed even cozier.

Sadly, five minutes later and the knocking became pounding. You grunted and threw the covers off of you and quickly shuffled to the door. You were already not have a good week and this didn’t make your Monday any better. Your hand grabbed the freezing cold door handle and swung it open aggressively.

“What took you so long to open the door?!” Her voice rung through your ears as your glare weakened.

“I gave you a key,” you stared at her.

“I forgot it at home,” her arms crossed against her chest. “Are you going to let me in or not?”

You moved to the side, “then why didn’t you just type in my passcode?” you internally rolled your eyes.

“You changed it a couple of weeks ago because of that reporter remember?” she spoke behind you as you walked back to your room.

You crawled back into the covers and attempted to get some sleep again. She followed and it struck a cord in your heart. You hate it when dirty clothes are worn under your covers and Krystal clearly knows that pet peeve of yours. Your eyes opened to see hers staring back at yours.

“Krystal. Clothes.” You stated.

She rolled her eyes and reluctantly went to your closet and pulled out an old shirt from your pajama drawer. Her clothes came off and your old t-shirt was put on. The sheets rustled as she went back to her previous position.

It had been very silent five minutes but you couldn’t sleep anymore. Krystal was in your bed and you had way too many thoughts regarding her. You were so physically tired from the long week you had at work but your mind didn’t let you drift back to sleep. You could tell that she was still staring at you because she wasn’t in your arms.

“What’s wrong?” she finally spoke.

“Tired,”

She seemed displeased with your one worded answer. “That’s not all of it,”

“No schedule today?” you tried to change the subject.

“No. Rest day after concert,” she pulled your arm and scooted closer. “Please don’t avoid the subject.”

“Not right now, Krystal,” you let her be but clearly didn’t want a conversation at this time of day.

“Okay,” she said disheartened.  

She turned around and faced her back towards you. You were rarely upset so something big must be going on and she knew better than to pry for an answer. After all, she was the same with her problems. Your eyes opened and a sigh escaped. She didn’t deserve this kind of treatment from something that wasn’t her fault. Sure she had a part in it but she wasn’t the reason why and so you extended your arms and pulled her close. You nose nestled at the base of her neck smelling her vanilla scented shampoo.

She felt your need for comfort; the inner turmoil that troubled you right now through that simple back hug and to be quite frank, she needed that too. As much as you display your affection towards her on a daily basis, your emotions were always in check. Vulnerability wasn’t something that she saw from you often. Just the same as she was towards you. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter