Company

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy New Year everyone!

Just imagine this stranger is you.

 

A particular ash blonde walked towards the bar and tried to wave down a bartender but to no luck. Today was a busy Friday night for downtown San Diego and there were way more patrons there before her. It didn’t matter to her though. There was nowhere to go and no one to be with.

The question might be as to why she would be here by herself at this booming club across the ocean, thousands of miles away from Korea. It was simple, she ran away. The stress finally got to her and so the first chance she had after her TaeTiSeo promotions she booked the first flight to America, alone. No Tiffany, no SNSD, just herself.

She finally was able to grab a bartenders attention and with the best pronunciation she had, she ordered whatever drink was lemon lime. Her drink finally finished and she thanked the bartender with a generous tip and an appreciated smile.

Her eyes wondered the club and smiled to herself, so many people having fun and dancing to the latest ratchet music. She was content and took a seat at a small empty table. Just watching the patrons having fun and riding with the music was good enough for her. No one would expect Taeyeon to be at a downtown San Diego club by herself.

It was a good hour and three drinks in when someone finally approached her. Her eyebrows twitched and here she thought she could escape the radar. She looked up and noticed that it was a girl. Her nerves relaxed and gave her a small smile.

“Hi,” the girl smiled back, “alone tonight?”

“Yes,” Taeyeon nodded.

“I feel you,” she sighed, “it’s good to have some time alone. That makes the two of us.”

Of course Taeyeon couldn’t grasp the rapid English coming from this girl’s mouth but smiled back nonetheless.

“What brings you to Analog?” she asked.

“Um…” Taeyeon didn’t know what to say, “I walk in?”

“I see. I walked in too,” she laughed, “can I take a seat?” her hand held the back of a chair.

She nodded.

“You don’t look like you’re from here,” she mentioned.

“I’m not,” she shook her head.

“Oh, where you from?”

“Korea.”

“Wow, that’s a pretty expensive drink you have then,” she laughed.

Taeyeon laughed. She didn’t really understand all of what this girl was saying but she seemed like chill company. Company, she had company thousands of miles away from her home. It felt kinda, good?

“I’m sorry, you probably came here to spend some time alone like me, but for some reason a gravitated towards you. I can leave if you want?” she pointed her thumb to the dance floor.

“No, no. I no dance,” she shook her hands a little intimidated from the dancing patrons.

“Oh no, I’m not asking if you want to dance,” she laughed, “Do you want to be alone?” she said slower and louder.

“Oh, no. You okay,” Taeyeon smiled understanding. “Speak Korean?” she asked.

“Not really,” the girl shook her head, “I learned some during my first year of college but definitely not fluent.”

“Oh, okay,” she slowly nodded understanding.

The girl didn’t speak another word but instead, she turned her body and watched the patrons have a good time. She had this subtle grin across her face like she enjoyed being alone, like it was a norm for her to be a party of one at a bumping bar. Taeyeon kept her within her peripheral vision as she too watched other people have a good time.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter