Temptation

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello Bi+ches... *smirks*

AN: Being best friends with the opposite gender, you’re bound to end up going through that stage eventually. So here’s part of my life tweaked a little to fit our lovely taengsic.

PS: This ain’t between B and me. eww, that's just gross.

 

---

This feeling needs to go away. I don’t know how to describe this feeling. It's mixed with too many emotions. I should have never asked her to spend New Year's Eve with me but I wanted to go out and do things. I didn't want to spend it alone again for the nth time. I didn't expect that to happen though. What was I going to do now that the truth has finally unraveled? What was I going to tell her? The lingering temptation, the lingering tension, the lingering emotions are still floating between us but we both have different answers.

I peeled my eyes open to look at the time which read 11:35am. Ugh, I only had 5 hours of sleep. I groaned and let out a heavy breath. I needed to talk to someone about this because this isn't healthy. It's eating me inside out and it's only been twelve hours since we had that conversation. I reached for my phone on the bedside table and called the only person who knew just about everything between me and her.

"Hey," I groggily answered the phone.

"What's up? You don't sound too good," he answered.

"No, no I do not," I sighed. "Listen, you got time to meet up?"

"Is everything okay?" His voice had a hint of alert.

"Honestly? No," I spoke into the pillow with my phone next to it, "I feel like a complete mess."

"All right, thirty enough time for you to get ready?" He asked.

"Mhm. The usual?"

"The usual."

"See you there then," and hung up.

I grabbed the first thing I saw and headed out the door. I should be conscious of what I was wearing since I still have people to impress but at this moment in time, I could care less. If anyone was going to approach me wearing sweats and a hoodie with a bare face, I've got myself a winner.

I pushed the glass door open hearing the little bell ring at the top and sat in front of a man who could be just as or more feminine as me. How I came to befriend this man is its own story to tell itself. A story I'm not in the mood to be telling.

I plopped my bum onto the chair and grabbed the hot and still steaming drink to my mouth for a sip before giving him my greetings. Drink now, "Hi" later. I wasn't surprised when he just stared. It was a habit of our meet ups. I finally looked up and gave him a small smile and he could tell just by a glance that there was a long afternoon ahead of us.

"So what's up?" He gave me a smile too.

"You might want to get comfortable, oppa," I sighed, "this is going to be a long story."

 

She pulled up to my driveway and I quickly grabbed my things before locking the front door. I was determined to make this night something more than all my other New Year's Eves. I opened the car door and sat passenger side while giving her a big smile. She never fails to make me smile.

"So where do you wanna go?" She asked.

"Iunno. Anywhere," I shrugged.

"Let's do something we haven't done before," she suggested.

"And what would that be?"

"Taeyeon, quit being an and pick," she lightly punched my shoulder in annoyance.

"Jessica stop being so indecisive and you pick!" I shoved her back.

"Fine let's just go get some coffee first," her eyes rolled while she started the engine.

Not long after we got our coffee and walked out of the shop the stray cat we saw last time walked up to us. A smile broke from my lips. Who knows how many diseases this animal could have and how dirty it could be but its orange fur and those eyes were too irresistible. I gently pet it before taking a picture. Jessica did the same.

We quickly walked back into the car because my was freezing out there. I rubbed my hands together for some sort of warm while I waited for her to turn the damn heater on.

"So have you thought about where to go?" She asked after sipping some of her coffee.

"I don’t know," I shrugged.

She sighed for the nth time, "how about we go to that one beach?"

"In this weather?!"

"Then you think of a better idea!"

"Fine! I will!" I crossed my arms and pouted. "How about we go to dongdaemun, then?"

"Better than nothing," she mumbled and drove out of the parking lot.

We walked around for about two hours between the crowds and settled that there was nothing to do, nothing to buy, and nothing to talk about anymore so we went to the market and bought a few bottles of soju. We had to do something to celebrate the New Year right?

 

"I don't see anything wrong with that?" He mentioned.

"Oh it gets better," I sighed, "you know what they say, drunken honestly, that liquid courage."

 

"Taeyeon-ah," she slurred into my ear.

"What is it?" I turned to her direction.

"Don't you ever wonder what you're doing in life right now?" She looked into the small fire pit burning in my backyard.

"All the time," I sighed.

"I don't know what I'm doing with my life, Taeyeon. I've made so many mistakes."

"I know Jessica, I was there, remember?"

"What would I do without you? I can't imagine. I don't want to," she shook her head.

"Neither do I, Sica. Don't worry, I'll always be here," I draped an arm over her shoulders and we both kept staring at the fire.

"Taeyeon?" She called for me.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Let's go to bed, I'm cold," she shivered again.

I agreed and we haphazardly made our way back into the house. It was way into the night and my parents were sleeping. Our footsteps stumbled through my backyard but we managed to slide the glass door open slowly. She went in and I closed it behind us. She went straight for my room on the left and crashed onto my bed and quickly pulled my blankets over her.

I slid in right next to her and faced her red face. She was plastered. Her body snuggled into mine, something that was out of the ordinary. It felt good but then fear struck through my body. I looked down at her since I was positioned higher and she looked right up at me. Our eyes never left each others. She was leaning in and I was panicking.

What I wanted for so long is finally happening but I was hesitating. Why? It's being handed to me and I'm afraid. I couldn't do it. I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter