Midsummer Night's Dream

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon. I walked into the café and sat down in my usual seat beside the window. I could see people coming and going on the bus stop right across the street with the beach right behind it. I took out my notebook and began to draw.

 

I waited at the bus stop after class as usual but for some reason, it didn’t show up. That’s weird. I looked at my watch, 12:00pm. It should be here by now. I didn’t have anything else to do today so I turned around and went to the beach while I waited for the next bus.

 

I thanked the waitress who came by with my usual coffee. I put my attention back to the notebook and turned the page.

 

Ouch! I looked down and I saw blood on my foot. I looked around to see what hurt me. Right behind was a shell with some of my blood on it. I picked it up and looked at it with annoyance. I limped back to the bus stop and saw it leave right before my eyes. How am I going to go home now?!

I walked along the sidewalk and saw a girl riding her bike. Oh, maybe she could give me a lift! I walked off the sidewalk and waved my arms to stop her and she did.

“May I help you?” She asked.

I hopped on her bike. “What are you doing?!” she looked back at me.

“I need a lift.” I pointed in the opposite direction of where she was going.

“What?!” She was still shocked at my impulsiveness.

“Come on please?!” I hugged her waist waiting for her to turn around.

“Fine.” She said in an unpleasant tone and turned her bike around.

I looked at my watch and it was only 2:00pm. I didn’t want to go home yet. I looked back at her. Something about her gave me a sense of security. I hugged her tighter afraid of falling off.

“Hey let’s go to the market. I’m hungry.” I asked her.

“Are you serious?!” she asked still looking forward.

“Come on, please?! I’ll treat you!” I pleaded.

“Fine.” She went turned her bike towards the direction of the market.

 

The waitress came back. “Would you like a refill on your coffee?” she asked while pouring more into my mug.

“Thank you.” I responded and turned the page.

 

“Ohh! Let’s try that! It looks yummy!” I said in excitement while pulling her arm.

She followed sluggishly but it seemed as she was warming up to my childish ways. We went to every stall before we left. I was so full and I could tell that she felt the same. As we walked back to her bike, I looked at my watch, it was only 3:30pm. I still didn’t want to go home yet. I saw a flyer for the annual carnival lying on the floor. It opens in 30 minutes.

“Hey let’s go to the carnival!” I asked her.

She turned around and I pointed to the flyer on the floor. She walked back to me and looked at it with uncertainty. She lifted her head up and looked at me with one eyebrow lifted up.

“Please?!” I pouted.

“Fine.” She said wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter