Glow [JB]

The Love You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You didn’t know why you were here. It was a particularly humid afternoon, and despite that Jaebum still wore a sweater over his jeans. He knew you didn’t enjoy basketball, too; that was his thing. But even so, when he called you still followed, just as any good friend would.

For the past few days, you noticed Jaebum acting different—not in the bad way. He smiled more and laughed more often than usual. You asked why a couple of times, but he never answered. He’d just flash that perfect smile of his, and suddenly the question was gone.

Leaning against the park bench, you sat and watched as your friend dribbled around, not caring that you weren’t playing with him.

After all, watching Jaebum doing what he enjoys was your favorite past time.

“Yah, why are we here?” You hung your head down. “It’s so hot I can literally feel my legs melting onto this bench.”

Jaebum simply ignored your question and grinned. You had a love/hate relationship with that smile. You could easily recall the first time you’d met him back in high school:  the nervous freshman helping the upperclassman who’d dropped her books after bumping into each other. Despite wanting to punch him for not watching where he was going, after seeing that smile, it looked as if you’d be friends for a long time. Somewhere along the line, you’d developed a crush on the younger boy almost as easily as your books hit the floor.

Jaebum raised his eyebrows at you before launching the basketball towards the basket. Once it missed, it fell right back to his feet. He flashed a cheeky grin and a peace sign in your direction before reclaiming the ball.  He dribbled it towards you, grabbing it and keeping it under his arm once he was close enough to your figure. You could feel yourself getting just a little bit hotter as he bit his lip under the heat.

“Hey, Noona.” He smiled. “You like me, right?”

You blinked once.

Twice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter