Chapter 24

Protect


Chapter 24



 

You are really...something. Lee Jaehee.

 

End of Yongguk P.O.V

 


 

 

"Yongguk oppa, I want to buy one of the tigger doll!" I exclaim as I repeatedly swing Yongguk's arm and force him to go to the tigger's store.

"You already grow up and there's only kids who's buying that thing." He replied in an uninterested tone as he push me from his arm.

"Please, I want to hug the fluffy tigger when I'm sleeping." I insist to get those tigger no matter what.

 

Yongguk doesn't said anything as he keeps rejecting my wish to buy the tigger but he still leads me to the tigger's store. I smile as we reach the in front of the store. I wonder if he's trying to play hard on me but in the end, he always make me happy.

When I enter the shop with Yongguk, I can see many of tigger on the shelves and it's freaking adorable. I just want to hug all of them and bring them to my house. They are like family to me. I about to walk to them but stop when Yongguk grabs my hand.

 

''Just choose one.'' He said remind me so I won't choose too much.

"I know." I ignore his comment and run towards the most fluffy and big tigger. I won't give up nor back off now. I really want to take this big and fluffy friend with me.

 

I keep jumping and tip toe to get the fluffy big tigger on the high shelf. It's really make me tired for jump crazily only to get the tigger but to my disappointed, I can't reach it. Thinking of someone that can help me to get this tigger, my lips immediately crept upwards. 

 

''Yongguk oppa!!'' I call him as loud as I can but receive nothing. Where is he really? I really want to find him but I can't leave this tigger alone. Others kids will probably steal it from me if I don't keep my guard up.

 

Then, a few minutes later, I saw a girl with her mom walking in my direction. Her eyes sets up on the big fluffy tigger that will be mine soon. I become panic and out of the blue I scream again to call Yongguk.

 

"Yah Bang Yongguk! Where are you?'' My eyes never left the tigger and the girl almost near at the shelf.

''What's wrong? And what with the informal words you called me?'' Yongguk suddenly appear behind me and I can tell by his facial face that he is pissed off by my attitude.

''Get that for me.'' I said, pointing the tigger with my forefinger and quickly push him toward the shelf.

 

Yongguk sighs and easily take the tigger since he's taller than me. I observe the girl's reaction and she just pass the shelf with her mom, didn't even take a look to my tigger. Maybe I have a wrong thought about her to steal away my tigger.

Good then if she just pass by, I quickly turn to Yongguk and was about to take the tigger in his hand but being stop once again by him.

 

''What did you called me before?'' He glares at me, the tigger on his hand now, he hides behind his back. 

''Uh- I called you o-oppa.'' I smile and hit his chest playfully, try to act innocent.

''I heard you called me by my full name and I also heard 'yah' words.'' He said while narrow his eyes.

 

This guy really have a good ears. He can hear the things that he shouldn't. I stand awkwardly beside him and try to snatch away the tigger behind him but being block by his grips on my wrist.

 

''Should I put this back on it's place?'' He said, try to threatens me with those words.

''Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it.'' I finally apologize to him for my disrespectful words.

 

He nods and bring the tigger to the counter. I cheer secretly behind him and follow him to the counter as well. Finally, my wish had been fulfill. This is the only thing I want and I manage to get it.

Yongguk put the tigger on the counter and waiting for the cashier to scan the price. As the cashier told the price, I take out my purse and about to pay but Yongguk already paid for it. He takes the receipt and shove the tigger to me. He sure has a lot of money since the tigger is quite expensive.

I feel bad since he's paying for me so I decide to paid back at him. We already exit the store and I quickly grab his arm before he could goes any further.

 

"Wait, take this." I hand him the money for the tigger that he paid before.

"Just assume its as a gift." He simply said while gently push the money back to me.

"A gift? For what? It's not my birthday." I smile secretly while doodle something on the ground with my feet. Why did he play cool like this?

 

As I raised up my head to look at him, he already disappear from my sight. I turn around me and saw Yongguk's back. He's already far away from me. I pout and quickly chase after him while hug the tigger in my embrace.

 

"Oppa, can we rest for a while at the bench. I'm tired." I shout while point at the empty bench near a river.

 

Before Yongguk can said anything, I already run to the bench and sit on it. I place the tigger beside me and breathe in the fresh air. Yongguk comes within a minute but there's no vacant place for him since me and tigger already fill it.

 

"Can you take this thing and put it on the ground?" He asked me, annoyed. Is he really fool or what? If I put my tigger on the ground, it will probably dirty with the dirt and there's no way I'm going to wash it,

"Just sit there, beside my tigger." I said when I notice a little space beside tigger.

 

He look at me in disbelief and lift up the tigger so he can sit on the tigger's place. He pass me the tigger and ask me to let the tigger sit on my lap. I just agree since I don't want to argue with him. We just sit there and enjoy the fresh air that blow around us. Weirdly, I feel in serene. It's so refreshing.

I close my eyes for a while but open it back when I hear an annoying voice beside me.

 

"You better don't sleep here because I don't want to lift you and your tigger on my back." He said with his deep voice. I look at him and rolled my eyes. He really destroy my moment.

 

I'm going to make you lift me and tigger no matter what.

 

I smile with my evil plans and stand up from the bench.

 

"Catch me if you can.'' I poke his shoulder hardly and run away from the bench. As I turn behind me, I see Yongguk still on the bench, didn't even care to chase after me.

What the hell?

I feel very embarrassed and quickly make myself trip on a stone. I fell down in a slow motion and cried loudly to gain Yongguk's attention.

 

 

"Ahhh, it's hurt. My leg. It's feel like I don't have one.'' I lied while steal a glance toward him. 

 

His face show a worry look and he quickly get up from his seat. He jogs toward my direction with tigger on his left grip and stare at me. I really can't faced him right now. What if I'm laughing?

 

"Are you play a prank on me?'' He said while crouch down to my level. How can he knows? Am I too obvious?

"Of course not." I scoff at him, try to act properly but his expression seems like he don't buy my poor action.

"I'm going first. Walk by yourself if you feel the urge to walk." Yongguk said while throw the tigger to me.

 

Yongguk walk away from me and I feel humiliated. I raised my head down, still in sit position and laugh silently. Doesn't believe that I make myself look like a fool in front of Bang Yongguk. But then, I saw a hand in front of me and I slowly raised my head up to look at an angel Yongguk in front of me.

 

"Why are you coming back?" I ask him quietly.

"Just get on my back." Yongguk demand and turn his back facing me. I smile in triumph and get on his back and put tigger in the middle between me and him.

"You are so heavy." He spit out as he slowly straighten his back and start to walk.

"I'm not heavy, tigger is heavy than me." I said and put my chin on his shoulder. I don't know why but I feel comfortable on his back.

"Stop blaming other." He said as we walk pass some store near the road.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Yongguk P.O.V

I can't stop myself from smiling when Jaehee get on my back. I shouldn't feel this way but she's too cute? I also don't know.

 

Yah, Yongguk! You can't let the feeling take over you. You need to be strong and care about your own members's safety.

 

The tigger sure heavy since I almost lost my energy to carry both of them. Am I being too absurd? Saying that the tigger is heavy when it's body just fills with cottons.

Suddenly, I feel something on my shoulder. I turn to my right side and find Jaehee rest her chin on my shoulder. Unconsciously, I smile. Our face is so close to each other and her skin brush with my side face.

And I know that she's just fake about her leg but I still believe in her lies. My reaction just naturally react to carried Jaehee on my back. I wonder what's going on with me.

 

 

"Oppa, why are you being so kind today?" She suddenly speak out after a long time in silence. I'm curious too about me. I can't find the right words to answer her so I just change the topic right away.

"Just sleep. I'll get you up when we arrived." I said and quicken my pace. Look like she already give up since she didn't ask any other questions.