A moronic conscious

A moronic conscious

“Well !” Kibum exclaimed to the empty café as he stared at the two retreating figures through the window. For the past 3 hours he had been constantly staring at the two who occupied the corner table closest to the bar and his heart hadn’t managed to settle down for even a second through all of it. It had even escalated to the point that he had almost chocked on his words while taking up their order since his heart had claimed residence in his throat at that very moment. He somehow had managed to not make a complete fool of himself and even help out any other customers that had shown up, but he wasn’t quite sure how he had pulled it off since he was currently straining as he tried to keep himself upright by leaning on the bar. If he were to relax for even one second he was sure he would collapse. Never before had he felt this strongly towards another person, not to mention someone he didn’t know. The biggest issue at hand though, was that there had been two men at that table, but he wasn’t even sure to whom his feelings were stronger. It was as if they had divided his heart in two and each of them had claimed one part for himself.

Later that evening Kibum found himself on bed while staring at the ceiling. He was still trying to sort his thoughts. He was just inhaling deeply so he could let out a long sigh when suddenly a grinning face appeared in front of his face, effectively ripping out quite the unmanly scream as he promptly sat up in bed. He frantically looked around him and sure enough there he was, a miniature version of Minho in a white dress with wings and a halo, floating just a few inches from his face.  He was just about to open his mouth and ask what the was going on when a read figure crashed into the small version of Minho, sending him towards the nearest wall at top speed until Kibum had a small Minho practically becoming a part of his wall paper. As he returned his gaze to the source he found another miniature person floating in front of him, though this time it was Jonghyun, dressed in red clothes along with horns and a pointy tail. Kibum’s mind was still trying to catch up when a sentence unconsciously stumbled from his mouth.

“I never imagined you could actually be shorter than you already were.”

This managed to rip cackling laughter from tiny Minho’s throat as he had managed to separate him from the wall and was making his way back towards him. Jonghyun, on the other hand, was stamping his feet in the air and Kibum could almost imagine the steam coming from his ears. Kibum would have probably enjoyed this in any other situation, but right now he had more urgent things at hand. First of all the fact that it appeared as if his two childhood friends had appeared before him in miniature form, supposedly in full angel and devil garb. Secondly, he still hadn’t figured out which of the boys in the café he liked more. At the moment the first issue seemed a bit easier to solve.

“What the is going on here? How did you moronic siblings manage to pull this ?”

Kibum was absolutely convinced that the two were sitting somewhere nearby, snickering at his reactions, but he couldn’t for the life of him figure out how they got these miniature versions to work.

“We aren’t pulling any Kibum, we are your conscience. You just haven’t met us before since you are always too cocky to call for help. Apparently this is the first time in your life that you feel like you can’t  find an answer on your own.” Jonghyun piped up, always the one to talk first.

Kibum stared at them in disbelief for a few seconds before huffing and turning around. There was no way this was happening; maybe he was just imagining things. It would be best if he were to go to bed so that he would be sane tomorrow morning after a good night’s sleep.

Unfortunately his theory didn’t seem to work because when he woke up the next morning the same two moronic faces were looking down on him. With a groan Kibum turned around in his bed, covering is face under his sheets in a final attempt to make them go away. But the giggling and whispering of the stupid pair wasn’t to be ignored. They were still there, and it seemed like they were there to stay.

After coming to this saddening conclusion Kibum quickly jumped out of bed, getting ready for the day. Usually he would have been feeling self conscious when having to people in his room while he was changing. But these were the two guys he had shared a bath with when they still fit. Besides that they were also too busy flying circles around his head while playing catch. Kibum had no clue how those idiots were supposed to help him.

Kibum swiftly went through the standard events of the day. Attending university, while somehow managing to ignore the atrocious things bumbling around his head. It was as if they had even more energy and even less intelligence while they were like this. The longer he ignored them, the harder they tried to get his attention though, at the end of his final class they had even taken to pulling his hair. Even though they both knew better than anyone else that you do not mess with Kibum’s hair. It was very hard to hit them if they are consistently hiding behind your head and you didn’t want to wave your hands around in class since that would probably make you look like a lunatic. Kibum was quite sure that he was going to make them regret this sometime later today.

Later that day Kibum was quite sure that he was about to explode. He hadn’t expected to have the two eye catching men return to the café so soon, but here he was, staring at them while the fist sized idiots were now trying to convince him of who he was supposed to pick, apparently only now taking on the job they had been assigned, though not helping Kibum in any way. He wondered how much it would hurt them if they were hit with his hand, balled up to just about their size.

“You should totally go for the blonde, Taemin. With that amount of innocence I’m sure he will cling to your every word, just the way you like it.” Minho explained with a serious tone, though the grin on his face said otherwise.

“No way, that kid can’t even take care of you. You see, that brown haired guy, Jinki, obviously has the credit card you dream of. He can buy you anything you want.” Jonghyun almost shouted in his obnoxious voice. “And his bank account isn’t the only thing that is big.”

Kibum pretended that he didn’t see the wiggle of Jonghyun’s eyebrows.

“Oh yeah? Well, with Taemin’s dancer’s agility I’m quite sure his s will make up for any difference in size.” Minho said, covering Jonghyun’s mouth as he held him in a headlock. Why was the guy dressed as an angel while they were obviously two devils? Two devils that didn’t even seem to take into consideration that the two perfect human specimens in front of them had their hands laying interlocked on the table.

Feeling somewhat defeated he just mumbled to the two what he wish could happen. “Can’t I just have them both.” This was answered with a dual “No!” that instantly gave him a headache. Kibum sighed because for once they seemed to be right. And to make it even worse, that was the very moment that two brown eyes, framed by blond locks, caught his own. Now he wasn’t just depressed, but he was also caught staring. He quickly shifted his eyes away as he vigorously tried to clean some stains on the counter. It didn’t even register that the two idiots had resumed trying to convince him of who he should pick.

After a short while Kibum ventured to cast a glance again, as he figured that the blond would have returned his gaze to his partner by now, but the opposite was true as he now had two pairs of eyes staring at him, making him feel somewhat cornered. Before he could look down though, the two of them were getting up, causing Kibum to slightly panic. He wasn’t sure if he could handle being chided for staring at them. But he soon realized that they might not have that intention as he registered the soft smile on the brunet’s features, and the playful smirk on the blonds’. They finally reached the counter and the blond leaned over it in Kibum’s direction.

“Say, would you like to go on a date with us?”

Apparently the moronic siblings were never right after all.


A/N: So, this was for a valentine fic exchange which I can't seem to find... So if you do, let me know?
Also, I have a Tumblr: http://sarah-in-fanficland.tumblr.com/