final

Soon

a/n: it's written in like 30mins, and i'm half asleep, sorry for grammar crime

 

 

Minseok walked into the dorm with a soundless step and easily greeted with a silence. It wasn't the kind of silence you can get used to. It was not the kind of silence he liked, that one that calming and relaxing. This silence was strange and unfriendly, thick and suffocating, borderline scary, making him halted his step for some silent seconds.

 

He resumed his journey into the dorm. The dorm was dark, only the light from the kitchen gave him some guidance. Following the light and his instinct, he padded softly to the kitchen to find a small figure sat on one of the dining chair. Junmyeon was there, sitting with both of his knees pressed to his chest, absentmindedly tracing the edge of his mug and staring into nothing.

 

Junmyeon wasn’t tall, or big, or buff by any means, but Minseok never saw him looked that small. Junmyeon looked so fragile and vulnerable in his cream oversized shirt that revealed his fair shoulder and bony collarbone, he must had lost some good pounds, if Minseok didn’t knew better, he would probably thought that the younger was sick.

 

Minseok felt as if his heart was squeezed inside his ribcage. He had seen Junmyeon on his happiest time before, when everything was just so right, and so bright, and it felt like they could conquer everything.  How Junmyeon’s eyes would twinkles with happiness and pride under the stage light, smiled at him with his brightest smile that would make the brightest star put to shame. But then, he saw him sitting alone there in the silence, looking hopeless and strayed.

 

“Hey..” Minseok called out.

 

Junmyeon turned his neck and breathed a “Hi!” However, without smile. But Minseok didn’t feel offended, he understood.

 

Minseok walked closer with unsure steps. When he was close enough, Junmyeon put his feet down to hug Minseok by the waist and buried his face into Minseok stomach, inhaling the calming scent of baby powder Minseok usually use after shower. They stayed like that for a long moment, trying to ignore the evil silence, as Minseok wrapped his arms around Junmyeon’s shoulder and lowering himself to kiss Junmyeon’s crown.

 

“Are you okay?” Minseok asked a rhetorical question.

 

“Yeah, just tired.” Junmyeon mumbled.

 

Minseok knew it has nothing to do with the tight schedules and endless practice hours.

 

It was indeed a tiring time for them, and especially for Junmyeon as a leader. There were so many things happened in a blink of an eye, but there was only so much Junmyeon’s small frame could handle and there were even less the other members could do. It was frustrating for Minseok, knowing that whatever he did, it would never good enough help for Junmyeon.

 

“Do you want me to stay with you tonight?” Minseok offered.

 

Junmyeon took a deep breath and exhaled, blowing warm air onto Minseok’s stomach. “No, I need some time alone.”

 

And again, Minseok understood.

 

Minseok lifted Junmyeon’s face up, and tracing the dark circle under Junmyeon’s eyes with his thumbs before softly pressing his lips on each of Junmyeon’s eyes. He then kissed the tip of Junmyeon’s nose and lips once.

 

“Alright.” He said as he pressed his forehead to Junmyeon’s. There was a pause before he continued. “Everything will be okay soon, we can do this, you have us, you have me.”

 

Junmyeon shut his eyes tight, “Just don’t leave me please.” He pleaded with a shaky whisper.

 

“Never! Don’t even think about it.” Minseok firmly answered.

 

“Thank you.” Junmyeon tilted his chin up to steal one more kiss, because he needed it.

 

----

 

When Minseok left K’s dorm later, he felt like he left his heart there. He felt empty when he let go of Junmyeon from the safety of his arms. He wanted to be there, with Junmyeon, showering him with all the love and attention until Junmyeon felt better. But he understood, Junmyeon wanted some time alone, maybe to think or to sort some of his thought, and Minseok respect his wish, it was not the time to be selfish.

 

Everything happened was no ones fault, there was no use in blaming anyone, whatever happened, happened already. The world didn’t stop, the sun would still shine the next days, and life goes on, there was nothing he could do. But one thing he knew he wanted and he would do was to be at Junmyeon’s side, holding his hand through the hardest path, just like before, when everything still seemed perfect. And one thing he believed was that everything will get better, probably not then, probably not the next day, but soon.