1/1

Listens Like Spring and Talks Like June

A soft giggle woke up the sleeping girl from her slumber. Yongguk cracked open her eyes and looked up. She didn't feel the usual warmth that usually came with the morning glow. Instead she felt empty. And cold.

"Good morning, babe," she heard her girlfriend mutter, jumping back on the bed.

"So you were the one that woke me up," Yongguk said, rubbing her eyes awake and yawning.

"Sorry. I guess I'm not as discreet as you," she said.

"I'm not discreet. I'm not even quiet. You just don't pay attention," Yongguk told her, booping her nose.

Jongup scrunched her face up and smiled. She liked waking up her girlfriend. Sure, it was a chore since Yongguk hates waking up in the morning, or mornings in general, but the aftermath of waking her up was always a surprise.

"I pay attention," Jongup said, sticking her bottom lip out to form a pout.

"I'm sure you do," Yongguk said, sitting up from the bed and finally got a good look at her girlfriend. "Are you wearing my shirt?" she asked her.

"Yeah, sorry. Its laundry day and I forgot to do my laundry. It's okay, right?" Jongup asked, playing with the hem of Yongguk's Ramones t-shirt.

"It's fine. In fact, it looks really cute on you," she answered, pecking her lips and getting up. "Which reminds me; I need to do laundry. Just leave your clothes in the basket and I'll head on over to the Laundromat," she told her, walking towards their bathroom to clean herself up.

"What time do you go into work?" Jongup asked, getting her pile of dirty clothes off the floor and into a basket with Yongguk's clothes.

"In five hours. I might work the night shift," she called out.

"Again? You promised that we would go out to eat," Jongup called out, clearly upset.

"I know, but they want me to train the new employees at the club. That way I get to spend as much time with my girlfriend," Yongguk said as she peaked out of the bathroom, a toothbrush in hand.

"Doesn't mean I'm not upset," Jongup muttered, folding her clothes into the basket.

She jumped slightly when she felt a pair of warm and familiar arms around her waist.

"It's just for tonight, okay. They need me to teach them the ropes. And then after tomorrow, we get to do whatever you want to do," she said, kissing her neck softly.

Jongup bit her lip and brushed a bit of her fading pink hair out of her face.

"Would that mean we get to go to that one restaurant I've wanted to go to but you refuse for reasons you haven't mentioned?" Jongup asked.

"Whatever my girlfriend wants, she gets. Tomorrow is your day, okay," Yongguk told her, pecking her cheek and letting her gone to finish up in the bathroom.

Jongup blushed softly, but nodded her head. She set the laundry basket down.

"Do you want me to make you something before you head on out to the Laundromat?" Jongup called out.

"Nah, it's okay. I can make myself something," she called out.

Jongup blew a piece of her pink hair out of her face and stretched out her back. She needed to be at work in a few hours, but she needs her own clothes right now. She doesn't want to parade in only her girlfriend's shirt. (Although it wouldn't be a bad idea; she just thinks that it's inappropriate to begin with.) She entered the kitchen and placed the bread inside the toaster and waited for it to toast.

"Do you need to use the bathroom before I take a shower?" she heard Yongguk call out.

"Not right now. You take your shower," Jongup called back out.

She didn't hear anything after that, but she suspected that Yongguk went to take her shower, judging by the fact that she could hear the water running. She heard the toast pop up. She grabbed them and slathered them with butter and took a bit out of them. She took a bite out of the toast and drank her orange juice.

"Jongup, you can use the bathroom now," she heard Yongguk call out.

"Thank you!" Jongup called out, finishing her toast.

"Do you need to go into work today?" Yongguk asked her, stepping into the kitchen with her brown, blond, and pink hair dripping wet. Jongup stared and bit her lip, obviously not paying attention.

"Do you need a drool bucket?" Yongguk teased.

Jongup snapped out of it and looked up. "I'm sorry, what was the question?" she asked.

Yongguk giggled and shook her head. Leave it to her girlfriend to get .

"I asked whether or not you need to go into work," Yongguk repeated.

"Not until four. It's only ten," Jongup told her.

"I'll head on over to the Laundromat. Do you want anything while I'm out?" she asked her.

"I'm fine. Unless you want to get me a grande vanilla bean frap with three shots of raspberries," Jongup said, smiling innocently.

"You and your sweet tooth. I'll see what I can do," Yongguk said, pecking her cheek and taking the basket of laundry that she took with her at the end of her shower.

"Text me when you get there safe, okay?" Jongup said, pecking her lips.

"I will," she said, pecking her lips. "I always do."

"Your lip ring feels cold," Jongup whined, pouting.

Yongguk quickly kissed her neck and Jongup squeals and giggles.

"Stop," Jongup whines through her giggling.

"Now I really need to go. I'll be home soon," Yongguk said, kissing her cheek and walking out the door with a basket of laundry.

-----

Jongup served the last of table nine's dinner and took a deep breath in.

"Hey, Jongup, it's almost quitting time for you," Daehyun told her.

Daehyun was a close friend of hers. By close, she meant that her best friend is going out with her. She's what most people would consider pastel goth, with her light purple hair down and reached just the small of her back, snake bites, and a couple of earrings in her ear.

"Thanks, Dae. How are you and Junhong?" Jongup teased, taking off her apron and setting it down in the hook.

"We're fine, thanks. By the way, she's wondering about the concert next month," Daehyun said.

"I told her I'm going. I paid for our tickets and everything," Jongup said, putting on her jacket and hood up.

"That's what I said, but she doesn't believe me. Anyway, I'll let you go. Enjoy your time with the punk rocker," Daehyun teased.

Jongup rolled her eyes and grabbed her keys and wallet. It wasn't the best business, being a waitress, but it was nice and the owners that hired her were okay with her hair shaven on the side and dyed pink and her roots brown, as well as having her rose tattoos visible on her forearm.

She left the restaurant and walked towards her car. If she gets home now, she might have a marathon of Game of Thrones and maybe take a nice bubble bath.

Or she could order pizza and eat in the bathtub at the same time.

The latter is sounding better and better.

She got inside her car, started it up, and began to drive back to her apartment she shares with Yongguk.

About a few minutes of driving, she pulled up to the apartment’s parking lot and parked her car in an available spot. She parked it and got out of the car. She got out of the car and locked, and then made her way inside.

After a few minutes of taking the elevator, she walked into her home and set her keys down.

“Yongguk? Are you home?” Jongup called out, closing and locking the door.

She didn’t hear anything. Jongup took off her jacket and set it behind the couch. She was extremely exhausted and ready to sleep. But she needs food. And a bath.

She grabbed her cell phone and dialed the closest pizza place and placed an order for a meat lovers supreme and decided to do something to wait. Maybe she could get her bath, but then when the pizza comes, it’ll be cold. She decided to wait and lay down on the couch. She could read a book to pass the time. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

About thirty minutes later, and one book half read, she heard the doorbell. She got up and grabbed her wallet and took out a couple dollar bills. She opened the door and saw the pizza man. She handed him his change, plus tip, and closed the door. She smiled and set the pizza on top of the kitchen counter and went to start the bath. After a few minutes passed, the bathtub was filled with different scents and bubbles. She went into the kitchen and grabbed the pizza box and set it on the floor near the bathtub. She stripped down and got into the bathtub. She took a piece of pizza from the box and took a bite.

Yongguk, meanwhile, entered the apartment a lot earlier than she expected. Apparently she wasn’t supposed to work the night shift, since she was scheduled to work earlier now. She set her keys down and took off her leather jacket and hung it up on one of the jacket hooks. She looked at the keys and noticed that Jongup was home.

“Babe?” she called out, closing the door and taking off her boots.

She walked around the house and saw the bathroom door half closed. She peaked in and saw Jongup eating a piece of pizza and relaxing in the bubble filled bathtub. The smell of lavender, caramel, and vanilla hit her nose instantly.

“What are you doing?” Yongguk asked, her, entering the bathroom.

Jongup jumped and looked at the door way. “Don’t do that. I thought you were a ert or something. Well, the latter more likely,” Jongup said with a mouthful of pizza in .

“I am not a ert,” Yongguk defended, grabbing a slice and sitting on the floor in front of Jongup.

“Really? I distinctly remember the first time we saw each other . I was changing in my bathroom and you came bursting in and didn’t move and stared at me,” Jongup stated.

“Not my fault that a y goddess was standing in front of me. But I have to admit you throw really hard," Yongguk told her.

Jongup smiled and leaned her head back. That was a nice memory. Besides the fact that she had a giant crush on her back then and they weren't dating then. Still a good memory.

She snapped out of it when she heard something hit the ground hard. She looked up and saw Yongguk completely .

"Scooch," she ordered.

Jongup giggled and made enough room in their semi-large bathtub. Yongguk got into the tub and pulled Jongup down on her lap and wrapped her arms around her.

"What are you doing?" Jongup asked her.

"Taking a bath with my hot and beautiful girlfriend," Yongguk said, kissing her shoulder softly.

Jongup bit her lip and intertwined her fingers into hers. "You're so greasy it hurts."

Yongguk laughed and kissed Jongup's pouting lips.

"You love it and you know it."

"By the way, I thought you wouldn't be home until later," Jongup said.

"Yeah so did I, until my manager yelled at me saying that I didn't need to work the night shift or work overtime. Pissed me the off. So after my manager gave me a screaming fit, I drove on home and here I am," she answered.

"So what about tomorrow?" Jongup asked.

"We're still doing tomorrow. Apparently I'm not scheduled until next week. We can do all the things you want to do," Yongguk said, kissing her temple softly. She reached down and grabbed the last slice of pizza.

Jongup smiled and leaned against her girlfriend's chest and closed her eyes. It wasn't much, but she was home. She's always home in Yongguk's arms.