A is for Always

Milestones

Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without.

James C. Dobson

 

 

Always. A simple word that can have an infinite amount of meanings and possibilities. A word that can be added to any sentence and all of a sudden the phrase has a meaning much greater than the original intent. I will always love you. I will always cherish you. I will always protect you and treasure this jewel that I call mine. I will always be by your side even when you are drowning in troubles and worry. I will always remain your one and only like you will be mine.

Always shows the power and possibilities that we will endure together with our new life. I will always show you that anything is possible and I will always make sure your happiness is genuine and true.

I love you and I hope that our always will last forever. This is just the beginning.”

 

As the priest said those final words from her vow, nothing else in the world mattered as much as the man standing in front of her. The people and colours faded away into a black void and the sounds melded together to become a meaningless hum of vibration. The only thing she was aware of and cared to even notice was the single man standing in front of her that was seconds away from becoming her one and only. Her very own husband.

In her reconstructed reality, she almost failed to notice her cue to say the two traditional words that mark the start of a new chapter in life. However, she managed just in time to bring her mind back down into the present and say the words that changed her life forever.

“I do.”

                        *************************************************

“I must be the happiest girl on earth right now.” Seoyoon fell back onto the king sized bed in their hotel room that conveniently was located right beside the airport.

A few hours ago, Seoyoon and her soon-to be husband, Woojin were about to say two words that would connect them forever. An hour after that, they were officially husband and wife celebrating with the people they cared about the most. It was a small wedding, but enough for the bride and groom to feel the pride and love of all the people around them, giving constant congratulations as well as wishes of luck with their new life. But it was in another few hours that had Seoyoon too excited to fall asleep, although she knew rest is exactly what she required.

“If you are the happiest girl on earth, then I am the happiest man on earth and I don’t think anything will be able to change that.” Woojin fell as ungracefully onto the bed as Seoyoon did just moments before. All was right with the world and he was just as unwilling to go to sleep; but unlike Seoyoon his reasons for his small bought of insomnia had a different origin.

Seoyoon wanted to board a flight right that moment and head straight to the Caribbean, the destination they mutually chose for their honeymoon. The warm sun and sand mixing together to create a unified warmth, that encompassed both the inside and outside of her body. She wanted to take pictures with her new husband that would leave nothing to the imagination because everything would be documented and tagged. Her life changed a few hours ago and she was ready to crank the ignition and start her long journey.

Woojin on the other hand wanted to stay up all night not because he was excited, which he was, but because he could not get enough of the goddess he was now thankful enough to call his wife. She looked absolutely breath taking in her white gown, eliciting a radiance that rivaled the sun and everything that reflected its rays. She looked pure, innocent and radiated a beauty and confidence that only grown women can portray. Nothing was able to change this. Not when she changed her clothes, her hairstyle; when she decided to not wear makeup or when she just woke up. Every moment in her life she had beauty spilling out of every pore in her body and Woojin just wanted to soak up everything, afraid that he may miss a single drop.

In the end, they both realized that sleep was indeed a necessity, and now that their life started together they would always be able to see each other in their beauty, glory and happiness.

“I love you sweetheart. Don’t ever forget that.” Woojin bid his wife a final goodnight and gently kissed her on the forehead while her eyes fluttered against her cheek ever so softly like butterfly wings gently fluttering in the wind.

“And I love you. Always and forever.” Seoyoon’s eyes officially closed with one last smile gracing her peaceful face. Sleep finally won the battle and both the husband and wife soon drifted off to a dreamland that was for once not as satisfying as real life.